Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 05:47 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,949,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It’s for K-12 Illinois schools with students 4th grade and above. Currently Illinois schools, as is true in many states, are required to provide those items but the student must request them from either the counselor, school nurse, school social worker, or front office. Even in states where this is not a requirement it’s a common practice, especially in middle schools, for practical reasons. They just need to leave it as is, it works just fine, and then no one has to worry about products not being equally available.
So a young girl goes to the rest room, discovers she needs a pad or tampon, and has fo go halfway across the school to get it? Is that for real? Poor girl!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 05:56 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,517,815 times
104 people shot in Chicago last weekend and this is what the Illinois Democrats spend their days thinking about.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:01 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,579,035 times
Fine with me...............at this point, little Boys are fully capable of being little Girls, and all that comes with it.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:10 AM

21,910 posts, read 9,486,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I can't wait to get the hell out of this stupid death spiral of a state. Going property shopping probably within in the next six weeks.
We're out tomorrow. Moving truck coming today. If THIS doesn't prove what a joke this state is, nothing does.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:03 AM

20,125 posts, read 16,147,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
So a young girl goes to the rest room, discovers she needs a pad or tampon, and has fo go halfway across the school to get it? Is that for real? Poor girl!
Up until recently even that wasn’t an option in most schools, the young ladies were expected to have their own.

You don’t work with kids in a public school, do you? You can not just leave them out. Any school I have been at that tried just leaving them in the restrooms found they disappeared within the first two class periods (often before the very first class of the day) no matter how many you put out, which quickly became cost prohibitive, or became a major janitorial issue. A couple of schools even tried free machines, same issue. The school that had a machine that charged a quarter per pad worked out but it was decided that was a problem for the more economically strapped girls - they still had to go halfway across the school only now they were “special” cases, which made it all the more embarrassing for them.

Oh, and when they did go to the office do you think they were just given one? No, they were given enough for the day. Plus, brace yourself, this allowed them to be discreetly asked if they needed clean undergarments.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:08 AM

8,939 posts, read 2,960,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
A common quote comes to mind in this case; "Meh, doesn't affect me, why should I care. Not harming anyone..."
You don't think that teaching a generation of little girls that its possible they can become men can harm a society?

Yikes.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:15 AM

25,690 posts, read 18,777,662 times
As sad as this BS is getting, do you ever have to just sit back and laugh at how absolutely STUPID and insane these people are getting? Honestly, a hundred years ago, such a suggestion would be met with either a laugh or a straightjacket. And the astounding thing is that these people do not realize how ridiculous and insane their antics are getting to be.

We GET IT, imbeciles. You want to shock, annoy, and disgust us. But at this point, we are not shocked, annoyed, and disgusted by your pathetic actions and antics, we are shocked, annoyed, and disgusted by your abysmal stupidity. Now go stand in the corner. And you'll be going to bed without supper tonight.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:17 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Do these bathrooms have open urinals? If so then no menstruating human--a female--should be using that bathroom anyway.
Boys poop so there are also toilets' and stalls in their restrooms. But I agree, no reason for a menstruating female to be using the boys restroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post

Haha that's right--when you're a little girl in fifth grade going through major biological changes, naturally your first inclination is to ask a boy in the class to grab you a tampon from HIS bathroom! Good grief has this legislator ever MET children before? I'm a middle-aged woman who's had plenty of male friends but would only ask that of a man I'm in a relationship with.
Exactly my thoughts. As well even adult men I know dont want to touch or even acknowledge feminine hygiene products much less go get you one. Maybe if you have been married for 5 years and it is an emergency.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:21 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
That is the way it was when I was in school. Generally a girl has a very good idea when her period starts and prepares by making sure she has products in her bag. But it happens and you 1. ask another girl in the restroom for a tampon or 2. wad up some TP for emergency flow retention and set off to the office for a tampon.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:25 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I can picture boys taking these female things and using them in the classrooms to really embarrass the girls.
I can too, or harassing other boys. One thing I think won’t happen is that a boy will ever use it because he’s on his menstrual cycle. Don’t we have bigger concerns than this to worry about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies