Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 05:01 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Children will be exposed to different viewpoints in life and that is part of life and school is no different. Is the parents job to offer balance and explanation to certain things in life but sadly a lot of parents don't want to be bothered.
No kids, eh? Have some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 05:08 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
As part of the critical race theory teachings sponsored by Pizza Hut and First Book, one South Carolina high school teacher was revealed telling students not to talk about the contents of her class outside of that class.
Shari Revels-Davis is a South Carolina teacher that works in what she calls an "alternative school." She said that her school focuses on children and teens that have been in the system, suspended, and expelled, and focuses on getting these students back on track rather than forcing them out into the streets.
The second semester is when Revels-Davis says she starts talking about things relevant to these students lives, usually around various social inequalities.

Revels-Davis said that first class she taught regarding social-justice, they set up ground rules, drawing from the book "Long Way Down" by Jayson Reynolds, which talks about the "three rules of the neighborhood" in the beginning of the book.
The rules outlined in Reynolds' book are no crying, no snitching, and get revenge.
She then goes on to set up the classroom’s own "three rules of the neighborhood," based on these three rules.
In the most eyebrow raising rule, the no snitching rule was changed into "what’s said in this class, stays in this class," insinuating that students cannot openly talk about the class' contents with other.

https://thepostmillennial.com/critic...tside-of-class

Who's teaching your kids?
This is what happens when you create an environment that fosters the idea that students "belong" to the government.

How about this teacher FOCUS on teaching academics. That will do far more to get these kids back on track than telling them that no matter what they do, the "system" is rigged against them. All that does is stop them from even trying to learn. Why should they? No matter what they do, they are doomed for failure.

There should be cameras in EVERY classroom, available to taxpayers, to see how their hard earned money is being spent. Transparency and accountability is the only thing that will help these kids.

Old 07-08-2021, 05:32 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Well, first, P.M. is NOT reliable. They have been caught in lies before, https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-post-millennial/ and I could not find a source for this that was not social media about the teacher. However, if it IS true, that is absolutely disgraceful! And, btw, if it is true, way to go -- supporting "troubled" kids who are non-white in their idea that what they do is not their fault. I have worked with many troubled kids in the past (mostly white, btw), and the great majority of them do not take responsibility for their actions, but blame it on someone or something else.

BUT the fact that Pizza Hut is supporting Critical Race Theory IS absolutely 100% true, and I will never order another Pizza Hut pizza again! I don't like their pizza, anyway, but sometimes it was easier than Papa Murphy's -- for example, if it was very late or if we were in the middle of a move or ordering pizza for a meeting at work.

https://firstbook.org/solutions/pizz...ing-educators/

P.S. And, also, btw, that kind of "community program" is, in my OPINION, something of a rip-off because when my kids were in elementary school and their schools were part of a Pizza Hut reading program, when we took them out for their free mini-pizza, we ended up spending about $20 or so so that we could eat with them. I am almost positive that Pizza Hut made money on their "good deed".

Last edited by katharsis; 07-08-2021 at 06:20 AM..

Old 07-08-2021, 05:48 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post

BUT the fact that Pizza Hut is supporting Critical Race Theory IS absolutely 100% true, and I will never order another Pizza Hut pizza again! I don't like their pizza, anyway, but sometimes it was easier than Papa Murphy's -- for example, if it was very late or if we were in the middle of a move or ordering pizza for a meeting at work.

https://firstbook.org/solutions/pizz...ing-educators/

P.S. And, also, btw, that kind of "community program" is, in my OPINION, something of a rip-off because when my kids were in elementary school and their schools were part of a Pizza Hut reading program, when we took them out for their free mini-pizza, we ended up spending about $20 or so so that we could eat with them. I am almost positive that Pizza Hut made money on they "good deed".
Typically I don’t do boycotts because they never really accomplish anything.

But I have been boycotting Pizza Hut for decades, since the first time I tried their pizza.

I live in NJ, so going to Pizza Hut would kind of be like going to Taco Bell in Cabo San Lucas.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Well, first, P.M. is NOT reliable. They have been caught in lies before
I'll read the rest of your post in a minute. This had to be addressed, first.

THEY ALL LIE. THEY'VE ALL BEEN CAUGHT DOING IT. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Even if some journalist or outlet wanted to be perfectly truthful and objective, they can't. It's not possible. That's why you're supposed to find and read as much as possible about a thing, if you want the clearest and most complete view of it. It's up to YOU to do the work of filtering through what you find and separating the wheat from the chaff. Nobody's going to do that for you, and if you expect them to, they'll take advantage of your trust and mislead you intentionally. Why wouldn't they? People are people, and misplaced trust gets taken advantage of, every time. That's why it's misplaced.

Ok, I'll go finish reading the rest of your comment now.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:06 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Next she will be encouraging her students to inform on their racist parents.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:10 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
As part of the critical race theory teachings sponsored by Pizza Hut and First Book, one South Carolina high school teacher was revealed telling students not to talk about the contents of her class outside of that class.
Shari Revels-Davis is a South Carolina teacher that works in what she calls an "alternative school." She said that her school focuses on children and teens that have been in the system, suspended, and expelled, and focuses on getting these students back on track rather than forcing them out into the streets.
The second semester is when Revels-Davis says she starts talking about things relevant to these students lives, usually around various social inequalities.

Revels-Davis said that first class she taught regarding social-justice, they set up ground rules, drawing from the book "Long Way Down" by Jayson Reynolds, which talks about the "three rules of the neighborhood" in the beginning of the book.
The rules outlined in Reynolds' book are no crying, no snitching, and get revenge.
She then goes on to set up the classroom’s own "three rules of the neighborhood," based on these three rules.
In the most eyebrow raising rule, the no snitching rule was changed into "what’s said in this class, stays in this class," insinuating that students cannot openly talk about the class' contents with other.

https://thepostmillennial.com/critic...tside-of-class

Who's teaching your kids?
but how can this be?
P&OC leftists assured us countless times that CRT was not even being taught in schools anywhere

Old 07-08-2021, 06:12 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
7 to 8 hours of school a day............and this is what is being taught, yikes.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:12 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'll read the rest of your post in a minute. This had to be addressed, first.

THEY ALL LIE. THEY'VE ALL BEEN CAUGHT DOING IT. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Even if some journalist or outlet wanted to be perfectly truthful and objective, they can't. It's not possible. That's why you're supposed to find and read as much as possible about a thing, if you want the clearest and most complete view of it. It's up to YOU to do the work of filtering through what you find and separating the wheat from the chaff. Nobody's going to do that for you, and if you expect them to, they'll take advantage of your trust and mislead you intentionally. Why wouldn't they? People are people, and misplaced trust gets taken advantage of, every time. That's why it's misplaced.

Ok, I'll go finish reading the rest of your comment now.
I am absolutely not disputing that except for The Wall Street Journal -- and that is only their reporting, NOT what is written as opinion. The WSJ is the only publication I subscribe to.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/wall-street-journal/

From the above, QUOTE (my italics): "A 2014 Pew Research Survey found that 41% of the Wall Street Journal’s audience is consistently or mostly liberal, 24% Mixed, and 35% consistently or mostly conservative. This indicates that a more liberal audience slightly prefers them.

"A factual search reveals that the Wall Street Journal has never failed a fact check regarding news reporting; however, IFCN fact checkers Climate Feedback and Health Feedback has found numerous inaccuracies in the WSJ editorial department.

"Overall, we rate the Wall Street Journal Right-Center biased due to low biased news reporting combined with a strong right biased editorial stance. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to anti-climate, anti-science stances, and occasional misleading editorials

So, a couple of comments about the above:

First, it is interesting that although the WSJ has an audience that is only 35% conservative or mostly conservative, it is considered Right-Center biased (which is what I consider myself, btw), which means that liberals trust it, too.

Second, THESE days, it seems that science and medical experts is more a matter of opinion, with MANY topics being debated. It is truly difficult for almost anyone to determine what is true and what is not.

Last edited by katharsis; 07-08-2021 at 06:35 AM..

Old 07-08-2021, 06:15 AM

Quote:
P.S. And, also, btw, that kind of "community program" is, in my OPINION, something of a rip-off because when my kids were in elementary school and their schools were part of a Pizza Hut reading program, when we took them out for their free mini-pizza, we ended up spending about $20 or so so that we could eat with them. I am almost positive that Pizza Hut made money on they "good deed".
Yum Brands (owner of Pizza Hut, KFC & Taco Bell) is deeply entwined with public schools, and has been for decades. They're not doing it to be nice. It's all about the money. They make money when kids buy their products at school, and they make money later from those same kids, as they grow up and order the same pizza they've been eating since they were kids.

There are very, very few costs that a business will absorb for truly altruistic reasons, and when they do something of that nature, you don't hear about it. If you're hearing about it, it's advertising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies