Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 08:54 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
*YAWN*

Every fourth thread on here usually spells out some impending doom and gloom. Pardon me if I don't take any of them seriously anymore.
I don't blame ya, but once again, it's the kind of news they quite earnestly hope for to continue, so they can get back the house and senate in 2022.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
We are talking main street here, not rich folks.

Democrats always screw over the working man so their fat cat chums can make a stash.
You are so WRONG. It was a Democrat state senator in Oklahoma that got a bill passed in the state senate to end state sales taxes on groceries. About it, he said,

“If we are successful and the sales tax on groceries ends, that money isn’t going to disappear from Oklahoma’s economy. That money will go right back into local stores and businesses, fueling economic growth in every community and county of this state. This is the right thing to do, for individuals, for families, and for our state.” Democrat OK Senator Jay Paul Gumm

So, a Democrat talking Main St.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Listen to Grumpy. He actually knows what he's talking about!

Dems are so dumb as to think Covid 19 was all Trump's fault.
But Trump should have done something to stop states from shutting down much of their businesses. Trump said the the country would reopen quickly by Easter, I think, but it didn't happen.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Really? For those of us that were paying attention there was this little thing called a world wide pandemic that the Democrats seized on and turned into a political weapon.

The Trump economy was soaring and the Dems had to shut it down if they had any chance to win in 2020 and even with the economic pain they caused they still had to get "cute" with the vote counting..
Once again, Republican governors also played a role in shutting down many businesses for a time in response to the pandemic.

The Trump economy was not doing much before the pandemic. GDP was only at 2.4% in 4th quarter 2019.
Trump boasted that his economic policies would force the GDP to grow by 6%. It never happened. Far from it.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
He was running a trillion dollar deficit in 2019 and Fed was printing money at an unprecedented rate during economic prosperity. Then the pandemic came along. Trump mismanaged it badly and we got 600000 deaths and three trillion dollar annual deficits and high unemployment.

The worst President in history.

In his term the Republicans lost the House, lost the Presidency and lost the Senate. He was a disaster for our country and the Republican Party.

And now we stuck with Joe.
But I've never seen a president with such a compelling hold on his followers. It goes with my saying that being pro-Trump can mess up your mind pretty damned bad.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Totally backwards.
How do you figure that? 2020 was the worst year ever for a lot of people. Under Bush, 2008 was the worst year for a lot of people.

Old 07-08-2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Southern states did not and will not lock down. No rona spike will effect the southern economy in any way. We ain’t California
Then why the hell did my Republican governor in the South lock down "non-essential businesses" in like 20 out of 77 counties? I hope that is not done again, unless the fatality rate of the virus is significantly higher.

Old 07-08-2021, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Biden's economy is a complete disaster and is going to get much, much worse. My sister, who is very liberal, very anti-Trump, and has always voted Democrat, declared that if Biden doesn't stop this craziness she will vote for a Republican in the next election. Anyone with the slightest understanding of how the economy works knows where this Biden dumpster fire is headed. Let me help: Google "Venezuela". You're welcome.
Look, at least half the states have suspended bonus unemployment money from the Feds. Oklahoma is offering people $1200 to get back to work.

Old 07-08-2021, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
So did Herbert Hoover, the only other president since 1900 to mismanage the economy as bad as Trump.
And he was a Republican. I haven't voted for a damned Republican for president since Bush I, and I'll admit that was quite dumb. Like Trump, he only lasted for one term. Reagan was the last Republican for president worth voting for and for which I don't regret doing.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:27 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The economy is like a massive ocean liner and it takes time for it to turn a corner.

Everything now is still Trump's economy, whether you want to believe it or not. Trump crashed the economy, as Republicans always do like clockwork, and now the country is going to have to suffer. Things will turn a corner in 2023 or 2024. That's how economic cycles work. The country isn't going to come back from a recession this severe overnight. This makes 2008 look like a cakewalk.

If anything, I blame Millennials for staying home and not voting for Hillary in 2016. Obama left this country in a great, strong position with a booming economy. After four years of Trump and the damage he inflicted, we're screwed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I love how you keep falsely claiming Trump crashed the economy and there was no recovery started before Biden took over.

Patently false and you know it on both counts.

No one can take anything you post seriously.

Here is some reading material for you. Trump didn't run the countries around the globe. Covid did.

Global Economic Effects of COVID-19

"The COVID-19 viral pandemic has been individually experienced, but globally shared. It disrupted lives across all countries and communities and negatively affected global economic growth in 2020 beyond anything experienced in nearly a century."

And as far as you thinking Obama left the country with a booking economy? ROTFLMFAO!

Obama presided over the slowest economic recovery in our lifetimes.

Obama Wins The Gold For Worst Economic Recovery Ever

You know who had the quickest recovery in history? Trump. That's what the stats show.

President Trump Grows the Fastest Economic Recovery in U.S. History
Bingo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies