Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 06:38 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,415,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The panic is not over race specifically, but over a changing culture. I think the left gets this wrong and it hurts the secular cause. Race is important, as I've said, but only because of the tie between white "born again" faith and the Republican Party.

White evangelicals are in a panic that their culture is no longer the status quo for the country and that because of demographic change, they will no longer have the numbers to enforce their version of morality through the democratic process. THAT is why white evangelicals support the 1/6 insurrection and it's why they've turned sour on democracy.
You realize don't you that evangelicals come in all races?

You know this, right?

Old 07-08-2021, 06:41 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,415,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I agree. It is about culture and the liberal narrative overlooks this. I attend an evangelical church. Whites are a minority--by far. It's mostly hispanic, black, white, Indian, and Asian...in that order. Lots of multi-racial families like my own. The left has this all wrong, but they are very enamored with their theories about whiteness, white panic etc.

Evangelical Christians want to convert people. That's part of the religion and always has been. From my experience, evangelicals are trying to plant churches anywhere and reach anyone. Race isn't a factor.
They need dragons to slay. If they can't find any, they'll create them out of thin air.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:48 PM

30,745 posts, read 21,872,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
And this pretty much summed it up in 6 words.

I really thought the "enlightened and nonracist" among us were supposed to be teaching our friends and children that we were all created equal and there was no "brain difference" among skin colors.

Content of their character, and not the color of their skin. And such.

maybe I was wrong.
Of course, it's easy to sell "enlightened and nonracist" , what could be better? Of course the people who created these movements, BLM and CRT, are admitted Marxist. It's not like a Marxist has done anything good, as proven with all of the failed Totalitarian Marxist/Communist countries in the world. Why these people Latched onto a failed ideology is insane

Old 07-08-2021, 06:48 PM

5,039 posts, read 2,251,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
As opposed to what... a non-white, satanic majority?

It's too bad you folks are so obsessed with and down on white people who are religious. What business is it of yours? Why don't you just mind your OWN business?
Couldn’t rep you again. Dang, that’s funny.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:51 PM

30,745 posts, read 21,872,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post

You know this, right?
He's too brainwashed to comprehend that. This guy thinks Islam is a bastion of Liberalism, and there are no Homophobes among the Black population

Old 07-08-2021, 06:52 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,778,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post

You know this, right?
I've addressed this in several posts in this thread.

White evangelical Christians who want a theocracy love to avoid debating the real issues by muddying the waters over what it means to be white evangelical and what it means to be a Christian.

White evangelicals, specifically the Southern Baptist Church but there are other denominations, is uniquely political compared to other forms of Christianity. Politics are preached from the pulpit and adherents are expected to vote a certain way and depending on the church, may be threatened with eternal damnation if they don't.

White mainline Protestants are still white Christians but they tend to not be as political and it's more permissible to support the left. The black church is theologically evangelical but doesn't approach politics in the same way as white evangelicals either.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:55 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,290,935 times
Quote:
The panic is not over race specifically, but over a changing culture. I think the left gets this wrong and it hurts the secular cause. Race is important, as I've said, but only because of the tie between white "born again" faith and the Republican Party.

White evangelicals are in a panic that their culture is no longer the status quo for the country and that because of demographic change, they will no longer have the numbers to enforce their version of morality through the democratic process. THAT is why white evangelicals support the 1/6 insurrection and it's why they've turned sour on democracy.
The bond between the evangelicals and the Republican Party reached its greatest strength with the "out of the pews / into the polls" movement of the early 1980's; it has been weakening ever since. And this does not factor in many younger Republicans who (symbolically) abandoned the GOP in favor of the Libertarians during the same years, but can be counted on for support both with regard to economic issues. and the loutish behavior of many Democrats and "wokesters".

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 07-08-2021 at 07:04 PM..

Old 07-08-2021, 06:59 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,778,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The bond between the evangelicals and the Republican Party reached its greatest strength with the "out of the pews / into the polls" movement of the early 1980's' it has been weakening ever since.
I disagree. It has been the strongest it's ever been since 2016.

It's gone through it's ups and downs, peaking in the 80s and then weakening slowly over the course of the 90s only to strengthen again after 9/11. Then, the religious right really began to lose influence fast at the very end of the Bush years and into Obama. However, the legalization of same-sex marriage and the emergence of trans issues into the national political discourse stirred up a hornet's nest. The advent of social media also helped fuel the movement's rise back to prominence.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:07 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,916,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
It's going to turn into a progressive cesspool until it collapses, mostly from the entitlement mentality that will have half the population sucking from the government instead of working, or we get invaded by a superior army, such as China, and then the cycle starts anew. A natural life cycle of empires as they go through periods of growth and decay if you study history. People think this time it's different because of our technology, we shall see. Most working middle class haven't really noticed just how many people around them are already section 8 government dependents, driving up real estate and rent prices while contributing little to society. This will only fuel the continued shortages of everything.
You lost me there. Section 8 people are driving up real estate prices?

Old 07-08-2021, 07:15 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,290,935 times
Quote:
I disagree. It has been the strongest it's ever been since 2016.

It's gone through it's ups and downs, peaking in the 80s and then weakening slowly over the course of the 90s only to strengthen again after 9/11. Then, the religious right really began to lose influence fast at the very end of the Bush years and into Obama. However, the legalization of same-sex marriage and the emergence of trans issues into the national political discourse stirred up a hornet's nest. The advent of social media also helped fuel the movement's rise back to prominence.
Perhaps, but mostly among the most strident and shallow-thinking of social conservatives.

Although the Looney Left's full and unquestioning embrace of the more flagrant and militant transsexual agenda isn't winning too many converts.

On a personal note:

The man who provided me with so many insights my dairy-farming family never could understand, and from whose former house I'm writing this post, was a deeply-closeted homosexual -- a career educator in a community of less than two thousand. The better-educated among the town probably recognized his inclinations. but to reveal and acknowledge them would have been the kiss of death for his career. He's been gone for nearly twenty-five years, and would, I'm sure, be flabbergasted by the changes in attitudes in the time between.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 07-08-2021 at 07:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.