Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 09:42 AM

2,082 posts, read 924,525 times

Advertisements

Shoplifter would think twice about this, image dying for Red Bull what a brain stem dead moron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 01:47 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
It is unbelievable to me those that support what this guy did, (ultimately protecting his property), turn around and tolerate police hauling him off to jail??!!

I guess they feel, if you find yourself in a position where you have to defend yourself or your property and use deadly force...its totally acceptable for police to treat you like a criminal and put you in jail, (so you can go before a judge)...is this not ridiculous or what? LOL

Our rights do not come from govt or the courts anyway, so its technically wrong to require a guy that did this, to go before a judge, to explain what he did, (and be treated like a criminal in the process)
But don't we keep hearing how the courts are so lenient on crime? Would this guy even do jail time? Or are the courts only lenient on criminals? One gets the impression that the use of guns in the committing of a felony seems to be ignored. But then again, did this guy commit a true felony? He certainly went overboard. I must admit I find it hard to equate killing a criminal with being a crime. Then again, it was only shoplifting so was he actually a criminal?

Old 07-09-2021, 01:54 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Yeah, this clerk needs to go to jail. Any time you shoot at people running away like that you're going to get fried. Honestly, the only time i think it should be justified is when it's somebody caught stealing a car because a car is an invaluable tool for most everyday americans that need to get back and forth to work. Outside of something like that, you don't run up and execute somebody over some Red Bulls.

Old 07-09-2021, 01:56 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
A murder charge is appropriate.

Old 07-09-2021, 02:06 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,951,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Two facts:
Do something illegal and expect to be accountable to the courts.
The murderer is accountable.

True: gun responsible person's are few and far between.

Bottom line, an alledged shoplifter was killed. Cuz gosh golly every person who takes items without paying is innocent til proven guilty. SMH.
Heres a another fact for you though. We have a society which is not holding people accountable in the courts who do stuff that is illegal.....for instance shoplifting and taking things from stores. In how many states are we seeing the authorities saying just let it go. When those we pay to protect us and our property fail to act, and advertise that they are not going to act who then will protect us from harm and the things we own. The answer is simple NO ONE accept yourself.

Is this crime worthy of a death sentence, no but i have zero sympathy for the thief any time you commit a crime you are putting your life at risk. I blame those cities and states not enforcing the laws for things like this. People will only take so much before they will just shoot for crimes we once considered minor. You only bend over so long before you say "forget this" and act.

Last edited by remco67; 07-09-2021 at 03:20 PM..

Old 07-09-2021, 02:33 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,943,089 times
If it were a white man shooting a black man there would be riots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies