Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 04:38 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times

Advertisements

I have two colors.

Casper white and sunburn red. No tan.

Will Albinos and Native Americans be upset with me?

Old 07-09-2021, 04:39 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Sounds like fake news to me. I have many AA friends and I seriously doubt any of them find me getting a bit of sun on my face racist. Some of this stuff seems fabricated by somebody that has a good imagination.

Several of these AA friends are on my softball team. Next game when I'm standing out in left field on a nice sunny day, I'll shout over to my AA bud who plays third base and I'll ask him if he's offended that I might get a bit tan while playing softball. My guess is he'd look at me like I'm crazy. LOL.

So there it is, file this one under crazy talk!!!!!

Old 07-09-2021, 04:47 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
What???

Old 07-09-2021, 04:50 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
White people seem to think a tan looks better than pale skin. In all honesty it does look more attractive than pale white skin but a tan does nothing but damage skin. No tan is a good tan as far as skin damage goes. Causes wrinkles, age spots, melasma and worst of all skin cancer.
POC tan and look years younger than European counterparts.

I must tip my hat to POC..they age wonderfully as a whole; especially with comparison to a mass majority of pale skin men/women.

Absolutely tan/brown/sunkissed skin will always remain far more attractive than our pale/fair-skinned society members.

I prefer to tan. Zero blackfishing (odd term) here.

Simply ecstatically pleasing and women with a deep tan; gorgeous.

Very few sites as unattractive as say pale legs, skin, or sunburned red patches- gross.

Old 07-09-2021, 04:54 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
White people seem to think a tan looks better than pale skin. In all honesty it does look more attractive than pale white skin but a tan does nothing but damage skin. No tan is a good tan as far as skin damage goes. Causes wrinkles, age spots, melasma and worst of all skin cancer.
fashions come and go, some cultures prefer body type one over another

to even suggest getting a tan is racist qualifies that person or persons for immediate mental health intervention.

No tan is a good tan

A less than perfect diet reduces immunity and promotes illness.

Exercise is good, no exercise is bad

Calling everyone, every behavior, word, book, symbol racist is the result of hate filled rhetoric mumbled by activists and spread by the media to make it larger than it is. Tanning is part of a pattern, look at the pattern not the so much the tanning issue. Tanning fits right in to make the image more complete.

Old 07-09-2021, 05:15 PM

8 posts, read 2,520 times
If you're white, you're racist. Tan or not. Why is this news?

Old 07-09-2021, 05:29 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eteach5874 View Post
And probably don’t even return grocery carts… Pure evil.

Old 07-09-2021, 05:31 PM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eteach5874 View Post
How can White people be racist if they are trying to be Black by getting tan ?

Old 07-09-2021, 05:32 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Sounds like fake news to me. I have many AA friends and I seriously doubt any of them find me getting a bit of sun on my face racist. Some of this stuff seems fabricated by somebody that has a good imagination.

Several of these AA friends are on my softball team. Next game when I'm standing out in left field on a nice sunny day, I'll shout over to my AA bud who plays third base and I'll ask him if he's offended that I might get a bit tan while playing softball. My guess is he'd look at me like I'm crazy. LOL.

Yep,

It's more about right wingers having yet another reason to get worked up and/or be condescending to the "wokes". I doubt very many black people are terribly outraged about "blackfishing"...

I'm sure maybe a few extremists might be but I'd bet most Black people are nothing more than mildly amused by this.

Old 07-09-2021, 05:40 PM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post

Guess you don't know any better. Go google "blackfishing" and see the hits.
White and Hispanic celebrities are being accused of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies