Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 03:51 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,580,139 times

Advertisements

dont care how much you tan just don’t put your arm next to mine and say “I’m almost as dark as you” when you come back from vacation.

Old 07-08-2021, 03:55 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,033,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
No, and neither are people who tan. The mental illness from these wokes needs to be called out.
Yes it does!

Old 07-08-2021, 03:56 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,059,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
dont care how much you tan just don’t put your arm next to mine and say “I’m almost as dark as you” when you come back from vacation.
LMAO...I hate that crap too. It’s just so stupid. I had to break a few people I know from doing that crap.

I’d always say “let’s go mess with the cops and see if that tan gets you in more trouble than my natural tan gets me!”

Old 07-08-2021, 03:58 PM

29,019 posts, read 14,371,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
They even have a new name for it.....Blackfishing.

So here I am, getting a summer tan, and I've been insulting Black people all this time by trying to "be Black".

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/enter...Top+Stories%29
"Blackfishing is when White public figures, influencers and the like do everything in their power to appear Black," Thompson told CNN this week. "Whether that means to tan their skin excessively in an attempt to achieve ambiguity, and wear hairstyles and clothing trends that have been pioneered by Black women."
"Instead of appreciating Black culture from the sidelines, there's this need to own it, to participate in it without wanting the full experience of Blackness and the systemic discrimination that comes with it," Thompson said.
I'm half Mexican, and half Italian, i can't help getting a tan while out in the sun. They can, as Deadpool say's "suck a #$%"

This stuff is getting out of hand. The race baiters are having a field day keeping us divided.

Old 07-08-2021, 03:58 PM

42,206 posts, read 17,579,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
The best I can do is light beige . But I bet I can put my arm next to yours and say "I have more freckles than you" !

Old 07-08-2021, 04:04 PM

26,286 posts, read 14,891,524 times
If this is true, and it isn't, then are black people with blonde dyed hair insulting white people?

Getting tan is natural and in fact inevitable for a lot of white people.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:07 PM

42,206 posts, read 17,579,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If this is true, and it isn't, then are black people with blonde dyed hair insulting white people?

Ohhh...let's call that Whitefishing

Old 07-08-2021, 04:12 PM

18,403 posts, read 7,024,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
They even have a new name for it.....Blackfishing.

So here I am, getting a summer tan, and I've been insulting Black people all this time by trying to "be Black"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/enter...Top+Stories%29
"Blackfishing is when White public figures, influencers and the like do everything in their power to appear Black," Thompson told CNN this week. "Whether that means to tan their skin excessively in an attempt to achieve ambiguity, and wear hairstyles and clothing trends that have been pioneered by Black women."
"Instead of appreciating Black culture from the sidelines, there's this need to own it, to participate in it without wanting the full experience of Blackness and the systemic discrimination that comes with it," Thompson said.

So, would that include people who pretend to be black, like Rachel Dolezal?

How about white kids who dress hip hop style and listen to rap?

Such ridiculous BS

Old 07-08-2021, 04:18 PM

20,103 posts, read 16,059,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

By definition the hairstyle created by that wig is indeed cultural appropriation... on a black woman. Speaking English is cultural appropriation. Wearing glasses is cultural appropriation. Living in a freaking house made of brick is cultural appropriation.

If we are going to champion the inappropriateness of cultural appropriation then we better be ready to let go of all the things we culturally appropriate. No thank you.

And there is a tremendous difference between trying to capture the beauty of modern practitioners of a music genre and doing an Al Jolson. One is done out of admiration, the other in ridicule. They are nowhere near the same thing.

We all, as in people in all hues of our American human rainbow, need to get a grip before we split our nation apart. I am not looking forward to the predictable backlash from all this when the other 85% of Americans start screaming enough is enough of hating us for our skin color.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:20 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,367,443 times
what about turning slit eyes into double lid eyes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies