Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 09:31 AM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times

Advertisements

The funny part is these groups make 0.001% of the population. They don't have any power over anyone. Not in government or financial but some people act like it's a national crisis if they buy an American Flag and fly it.

Not only these people wants to control free speech and change our constitution if they get to power but they also want to control who can buy a flag and who can fly it. That to me is more dangerous than whatever these groups say.

You know what is offensive to me? Illegals coming in our country flying the big Mexican flag (and others) ignoring our laws and bad mouthing the American Taxpayers. Can We have our country back and enforced our laws? That to me is more important than if a tiny group of citizens that make less than 0.001% of the population flies the American flag and have just speech on their soil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 09:53 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
The Klan, Proud Boys or Nazis have NO power over anyone. All they have is their freedom of speech just like the rest of us, 340 million people and over 20 million foreigners that entered illegally. Worry about your own government if you care about freedom, life and liberty.

Try to check our government better. They are out of control in many areas.
They had the blessing of the last President. That gave them power. The other issues are the number of Republicans that are comfortable in their midst. They mixed with them at the insurrection. I don't know about you but I would not want to be associated with white supremacist's yet ~30% of the population is just fine with the company they keep. MAGA indeed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Posts like the one you just responded to serve as a good reminder that we're all just talking past each other and it's all a big waste of time.
Agree. Although I did respond to the poster above. There's that but, yeah, this is a waste of time and I pretty much ignore most posts.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:10 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
They had the blessing of the last President. That gave them power. The other issues are the number of Republicans that are comfortable in their midst. They mixed with them at the insurrection. I don't know about you but I would not want to be associated with white supremacist's yet ~30% of the population is just fine with the company they keep. MAGA indeed...

Agree. Although I did respond to the poster above. There's that but, yeah, this is a waste of time and I pretty much ignore most posts.
The black supremacist are calling for the dismantling of America as we speak.

So you’re good with your radicals too since you seem to be so blinded by your partisanship. You’re even okay with them operating as a terrorist organization to manipulate election outcomes. That’s not even deniable. Time wrote an article about it essentially bragging that they got away with it.

Iron Law of Woke Projection:

Quote:
Sometime in the fall of 2019, Mike Podhorzer became convinced the election was headed for disaster–and determined to protect it.

There was a conspiracy unfolding behind the scenes, one that both curtailed the protests and coordinated the resistance from CEOs. Both surprises were the result of an informal alliance between left-wing activists and business titans. The pact was formalized in a terse, little-noticed joint statement of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and AFL-CIO published on Election Day. Both sides would come to see it as a sort of implicit bargain–inspired by the summer’s massive, sometimes destructive racial-justice protests–in which the forces of labor came together with the forces of capital to keep the peace and oppose Trump’s assault on democracy.
https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

Quote:
Geneva, Switzerland, 15 October 2019 – The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in partnership with the World Economic Forum and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will host Event 201: a high-level simulation exercise for pandemic preparedness and response, in New York, USA, on Friday 18 October, 08.45 - 12.30 EDT.

The exercise will bring together business, government, security and public health leaders to address a hypothetical global pandemic scenario. It will also feature a live virtual experience from 08.50 – 12.30 EDT to engage stakeholders worldwide and members of the public in a meaningful conversation of difficult high-level policy choices that could arise in the midst of a severe pandemic.
https://www.weforum.org/press/2019/1...FyVrKNz943-j9Y

Quote:
Each of our stakeholders is essential. We commit to deliver value to all of them, for the future success of our companies, our communities and our country.

Released: August 19, 2019
Signatures Updated: September 2019, December 2019, February 2020, April 2020, June 2020, August 2020, September 2020, October 2020 and February 2021.
https://system.businessroundtable.or...HXLy6r9UNB4qow

Quote:
Business Roundtable exclusively represents chief executive officers (CEOs) of America’s leading companies. These CEO members lead companies with 20 million employees and more than $9 trillion in annual revenues.
https://www.businessroundtable.org/about-us

Lots of busy little bees running around changing fundamental aspects of our country and seemingly prophetic preparation for a 100 year pandemic which was conveniently done right before the 2020 general election. All one big coinkydink I’m sure.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:12 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
And yet you seem to have no issue with BLM trying to "steal" the flag. Because that would be the end goal of a declaration like this.
Step 1..declare it racist.
Step 2..get people to believe it
Step 3...destroy it and replace it with something acceptable to said group that originally declared it racist.

You seem to be already at Step 2...Are you ready for Step 3?
One wonders what ClaraC thinks of some Blacks taking Old Glory and changing it to red, black, and green (Black Nationalist).

Old 07-09-2021, 10:17 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,598 posts, read 17,927,273 times
*suddenly remembers philosophy for a happy life - "don't argue with people who are committed to misunderstanding you"*

Old 07-09-2021, 10:28 AM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
*suddenly remembers philosophy for a happy life - "don't argue with people who are committed to misunderstanding you"*
People who don't pay attention to what's going on around them probably often feel misunderstood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqge2dxpueI

Old 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM

7,906 posts, read 3,450,203 times
The relevant thing to note in this thread is the people chiming in to agree that the flag is a symbol of hate. They attempt to give people power to co-opt it who have no such power, but still even with that justification they are making a conscious choice to portray it as being co-opted instead of claiming it for all Americans. Those fringe groups don't have the power to take the flag without others choosing to give it to them...so why do it?

I claim the American flag, the Betsy Ross flag and the Gadsden flag as my own as an American, not as a member of some fringe group who waved them at a rally or even at a riot.

The ironic thing is that a couple of years ago I pointed out in a thread about fringe groups using Ross and Gadsden flags at rallies that they were also waving American flags and asked if that meant the US flag belonged to them as well. I was told I was crazy and that the American flag would always be for all of us, yet here we are with the left now claiming the US flag belongs to the fringe groups because they waved it at some rallies.

This is why I look askance at people who dismiss slippery slope arguments when it comes to the evolution of leftist ideological norms. The slippery slope is real, and we're not at the top of it. We're about halfway down and we're gaining speed. By the time those folks on the left who really don't want the end result that the extremists are striving for become willing to acknowledge where their movement is taking them it will be too late to stop it.

Yet there are still posters here will insist that there's nothing to see here, it's all just the same back and forth we've been going through the last 30-40 years or so, as if the first half of the 20th century never happened. Some people are trapped in the tide pool and all they see are the small waves that have been lapping against the shore all this time, blind to the tidal wave over the horizon and dismissive of the tidal wave that came before it.

Old 07-09-2021, 11:17 AM

316 posts, read 130,917 times
Quote:
The truth hurts.

The article goes on to say the far extreme right has co-opted the flag to now be a symbol of hate.

And he's right.

And he is probably smart to know not to be alone at night with someone flying the flag. Because of what we've seen happen to the symbol of our great country in the last 5 years.

Which makes me unbelievably angry.

That flag does not belong to hate, it belongs to Americans, and somehow before our very eyes, the Klan and the Proud Boys and the American Nazis have stolen it from us.
I hope you are seeking help before you hurt yourself or others.

Old 07-09-2021, 11:17 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Sad how so many people have poor reading comprehension and or just never read the article it is.not that the "left" is claiming the american flag is a symbol of hate it is that fscists like trump hug the flag while flirting with dictators. Trump is a nazi, fascist pos and while not everyone who supports trump is a nazi , all nazis supported him

Old 07-09-2021, 11:23 AM

8,939 posts, read 2,960,520 times
Quote:
The truth hurts.

The article goes on to say the far extreme right has co-opted the flag to now be a symbol of hate.

And he's right.

And he is probably smart to know not to be alone at night with someone flying the flag. Because of what we've seen happen to the symbol of our great country in the last 5 years.

Which makes me unbelievably angry.

That flag does not belong to hate, it belongs to Americans, and somehow before our very eyes, the Klan and the Proud Boys and the American Nazis have stolen it from us.
^^^ This is complete, utter, woke nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies