Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 07:17 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The rule already passed, they need to teach more patriotism and less criticism in history what ever that means, do you really want politicians dictating high school curriculum. This was a solution looking for a problem and when it comes to CRT totally lacking in specific details what specific incidents they are attempting to address. Suddenly 20 states need to ban something that is non-existent.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...-crt-desantis/
One of the largest teacher's unions in the country is doing their best to push CRT on students all around the country. Are you saying this doesn't exist?

America's largest teachers' union backs teaching critical race theory to children, says it will fight those who oppose move
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 07:21 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Black parents do not want any division between whites and blacks.
I hope this is true. The Democratic platform of racial division is very scary and I believe it is causing a rise in murders against white people. That murder of Gene Stiller, an elderly white man and middle aged white man sure looks like a byproduct, but I don't know. There seems to be a rise in black on white murders, but I could be wrong. I guess when statistics come out over time, we will see the effect of the Democratic Party's racial division plan and how many deaths are attributed this division plan that is really horrific on us all.

If anyone has statistics I would love to see them. It isn't getting any safer out there with the anti-police thing going on.

Good luck out there.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:24 AM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
One of the largest teacher's unions in the country is doing their best to push CRT on students all around the country. Are you saying this doesn't exist?

America's largest teachers' union backs teaching critical race theory to children, says it will fight those who oppose move
That is not what their statement indicates, awareness of teachers to CRT is not the same as teaching students.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:29 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
One more of example of how terrible of a human being DeSantis is...forcing schools to teach patriotism??? That is worse than teaching the truth about how racist this country has been through it's history. Talk about white washing our bad history.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:31 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
The rule already passed, they need to teach more patriotism and less criticism in history what ever that means, do you really want politicians dictating high school curriculum. This was a solution looking for a problem and when it comes to CRT totally lacking in specific details what specific incidents they are attempting to address. Suddenly 20 states need to ban something that is non-existent.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...-crt-desantis/
And defend it with a $5 million purse.

Man that cognitive dissonance, though…

Old 07-09-2021, 07:33 AM

3,499 posts, read 2,787,848 times
Ban, really?

DeSantis shows himself to be the agent for Big Government that he is!

What's next, are books on Critical Race Theory also going to be Banned?

Look out citizens of Florida, 1984 is coming. Brought to you by Gov DeSantis!

Old 07-09-2021, 07:42 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
You're right about that. The people who are obsessed with making sure that the so-called Critical Race Theory is not taught are likely going to make the kids more interested in learning about it. Anytime a book or some message is "banned" people (especially kids) are going to be more curious about it when they may not have cared before. This is especially the case when the ones wanting it banned are the generations that young people perceive to be out of touch with the world that they live in.

The irony is these people who want to cancel culture things that aren't politically correct in their worldview are going to make kids more curious about something they probably would have only paid marginal attention to had there not been all of this fear mongering.
I’m sure they’ll be teaching themselves doctorate level psychological manipulation techniques…

You all are really way out of your league here. Even worse is there’s no clear line as to how far you all will go to force your belief system on others. Generally speaking, people get sick of that and will figure out a way to stop your non-stop constant attacks on their belief system. I mean your side literally just got busted lying through their teeth and now, because you all have no morals, not a single crappy media outlet is running those facts non-stop 24/7/365. You know, like you might have done if Trump ordered a hamburger from McDonalds.

I would say welcome to America and this what has to be dealt with when voting but you all don’t give a crap about anything but your own ideology and forcing it down everyone else’s throat.

Seems like a foregone conclusion on how this ends.

If there is only power then why shouldn’t we strike first (Hobbesian Trap) and make it impossible for you to move anywhere in America without feeling like “maybe I’m not safe here?”

You see, that’s how shortsighted you people are when you think it’s my way or the highway and you literally attack people’s children with your rabid ideologies.

And of course you literally have teachers all over the internet talking about how the children are theirs and not the parents and that they will teach them whatever they want or if there’s a law they’ll just change how it’s taught.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:46 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Just stop. Conservatives understand this far more than you state. Call it CRT. Call it intersectionality. Call it social justice. Change it to some other innocuous name you want to assign. It is all informed by CRT, and it is a Marxist movement.
What's really going to kill them is that this revolt is not conservatives, it's parents of every political background. They really made a fatal mistake in being so blatant on the marxist stuff to their LITTLE KIDS especially

Old 07-09-2021, 07:47 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Because they think this is a winning issue, reminds me of the ban on Sharia Law. A preemptive ban on something that doesn't exist. Nah this isn't about politics and pandering.

https://www.gocomics.com/mikeluckovich/2021/06/30

The GOP could try to focus on actual real issues facing America but this is red meat for the base. That is all that matters.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:47 AM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Let the culture wars continue.

It’s good when the bottom 99% fight amongst themselves, so the top 1% can stay in power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies