Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 05:43 AM

7,237 posts, read 4,546,649 times

Advertisements

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...caseloads.html

One in four COVID-19 deaths at U.S. hospitals may have been caused by the centers struggling to handle surging caseloads,

So, shocking but turns out, 1/4th of covid deaths were due to medical incompetence. Shocking! Not.

Lets be real.. medical people wanted to sit home and hide... they didn't want to come to work, that is why there were such problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 06:44 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post

One in four COVID-19 deaths at U.S. hospitals may have been caused by the centers struggling to handle surging caseloads,

So, shocking but turns out, 1/4th of covid deaths were due to medical incompetence. Shocking! Not.

Lets be real.. medical people wanted to sit home and hide... they didn't want to come to work, that is why there were such problems.
You need to get real. They were overwhelmed with patients and you know it. How many people could you watch die everyday and still come into work the next day for more of the same? How dare you diss the health workers! Shame on you.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:51 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
I tend to think people's intentions are good unless I have a reason otherwise.

So I will vote for the "overwhelmed" theory.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:04 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I tend to think people's intentions are good unless I have a reason otherwise.

So I will vote for the "overwhelmed" theory.

I agree.

The whole idea of shutting down the country was to slow the spike in infected so the hospitals would not be overrun.

Imagine working in a hospital that is over flowing with Covid patients in the early days. We had no idea how contagious the virus was and mistakes were made but we were doing the best we could with the information we had. Imagine being a nurse and not knowing if you are bringing the virus home with you when it hitchhiked on your shoe.

The worry and stress must have been huge. Talk about PTSD.

Of course some of the medical incompetence came from our elected leaders such as Cuomo stuffing covid positive patients into the nursing home.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:07 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:

Lets be real.. medical people wanted to sit home and hide... they didn't want to come to work, that is why there were such problems
I think the bold is probably unfair to say. Medical people have always had very stressful jobs and sometimes they work under immense pressure, and the fact that they even showed up day after day -- at least in the early days of the pandemic -- shows that they were and are heroes.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:11 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:

I know people in the senor care business and each said when any person dies from ANYTHING, the write it up as "covid related" because they get money for it.

"Lets be real." You FIRST!!!

Old 07-09-2021, 07:15 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I know people in the senor care business and each said when any person dies from ANYTHING, the write it up as "covid related" because they get money for it.

"Lets be real." You FIRST!!!
How and from whom do they get money for a COVID death? An insurance company including Medicare and Medicaid pays for treatment of a disease. So who pays for how the cause of death is reported?

Old 07-09-2021, 07:15 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
There were a couple of nurses working in hospitals in NYC who spoke up regarding negligent medical care killing patients. They were silenced.

There was also an ER doctor in NY who spoke up early about how the treatment was actually killing patients. He advocated for quickly changing treatment protocols. He was demoted. https://nypost.com/2020/04/06/nyc-do...-are-too-high/

In the meantime, frontline doctors like Dr. Peter McCullough who has tried to raise awareness of medication protocols that he has seen much success with, ignored and silenced.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:21 AM

15,828 posts, read 6,536,770 times
Quote:

No, I think you mean that one in four deaths may not have been prevented by medical intervention. Presumably those people would have died anyway if they hadn't made it to the hospital. If true, it's unfortunate, but they still died of COVID-19, since that was the reason they were admitted. This just illustrates how much more deadly COVID-19 can be without medical resources.

Old 07-09-2021, 11:15 AM

7,237 posts, read 4,546,649 times
I live in reality. That is where there are bad motives.

I am stunned at the constant excuses for medical persons. They had enough help... they just wanted so badly to be in a deadly pandemic and thus they made it happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies