Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 01:17 PM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Maybe the French should go back.
Yup. Black people begging for the help of the whites they kicked out, oh the irony.

Path to permanent victimization:

Step 1: Kick out all European colonizers
Step 2: Fail to prosper as an independent nation
Step 3. Blame Europeans colonizers for failure to prosper as an independent nation

It’s ingenious.

50 years from now, Africa and the Middle East will still blame Europe for all its problems while it took East Asia and Western Europe no time to bounce back after being economically demolished and bombed during WW2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 01:48 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
An update: We are sending FBI and Homeland Security to assess the situation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp

From the article: In Washington, a senior Biden administration official said that F.B.I. and Department of Homeland Security officials would go to Port-au-Prince “as soon as possible” to assess how to help. The official also said, “There are no plans to provide U.S. military assistance at this time.”

Here we go again!
American citizens were allegedly involved in the assassination of the head of a foreign government. It's hardly out of bounds to send our investigative agencies in to figure out if American citizens were involved, and if so, why.

Old 07-10-2021, 02:17 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
American citizens were allegedly involved in the assassination of the head of a foreign government. It's hardly out of bounds to send our investigative agencies in to figure out if American citizens were involved, and if so, why.
TWO American citizens (of Haitian descent) were hired as translators.

I hope we avoid the usual slippery slope that leaves us bogged down in yet another mess.

History has shown that sending investigators or advisors is the way each American fiasco has begun. Between Viet Nam, and Afghanistan, America has been at war for much of my lifetime without actually winning anything.

I would like to see the U.N. handle this one, even if we pay for it.

Above all, DON'T bring any of Haiti's population here. We have too many homeless and indigent already.

Last edited by Futuremauian; 07-10-2021 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: Punctuation repair

Old 07-10-2021, 02:51 PM

Quote:
TWO American citizens (of Haitian descent) were hired as translators.
Right, so like I said, two American citizens were allegedly involved in the assassination of a foreign head of government. That's kind of a serious diplomatic incident, don't you think?

Quote:
I hope we avoid the usual slippery slope that leaves us bogged down in yet another mess.

History has shown that sending investigators or advisors is the way each American fiasco has begun. Between Viet Nam, and Afghanistan, America has been at war for much of my lifetime without actually winning anything.

I would like to see the U.N. handle this one, even if we pay for it.

Above all, DON'T bring any of Haiti's population here. We have too many homeless and indigent already.
What the hell do you think is going to happen here -- we're gonna get bogged down in a full-scale Vietnam quagmire or something?

Old 07-10-2021, 03:22 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Right, so like I said, two American citizens were allegedly involved in the assassination of a foreign head of government. That's kind of a serious diplomatic incident, don't you think?

What the hell do you think is going to happen here -- we're gonna get bogged down in a full-scale Vietnam quagmire or something?
The "or something" is what concerns me. I do not want to see a flood of Haitian refugees (beyond the ones who have already slithered in).

I had the dubious pleasure of teaching quite a number of Haitian teenagers over the last 40 years. All of them were surly, stupid, and violent. America needs to quit trying to fix the rest of the world!

Haiti for Haitians!

Old 07-10-2021, 03:44 PM

4,904 posts, read 2,056,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
More illegals entering the country ?
You beat me to it… With Biden’s immigration policies, all of Haitis will flood into Florida.

Funny, but Biden’s immigration policy or a lack of one will hammer the two strongest Red State with an uncontrollable flood of illegal aliens. Both Texas and Florida should link up to enforce the immigration laws, with the support of their National Guard and Guard units from other Red States… Creating e de facto alliance within Liberal America.

Haiti is a no-win situation, just like Afghanistan. Every time we assisted Haiti, it blew up in our face… Let the useless UN deal with this issue. Plus, French isn’t stupid enough to fall for this one either.

But, I guess I’m a racist for feeling this way… Which I don’t care cuz I’m not or stupid enough to fall for this Liberal line of guilt BS. Half my ancestors where slaves, so that BS doesn’t work, especially coming out of the mouths of rich elitist Liberals, that are White.

I can’t wait for 2022 and 2024 for sanity to return to our hemisphere!!

Btw, I hope Biden doesn’t put Headboard Harris in charge of this crisis!!

Old 07-10-2021, 04:04 PM

Quote:
The "or something" is what concerns me. I do not want to see a flood of Haitian refugees (beyond the ones who have already slithered in).

I had the dubious pleasure of teaching quite a number of Haitian teenagers over the last 40 years. All of them were surly, stupid, and violent. America needs to quit trying to fix the rest of the world!

Haiti for Haitians!
How on Earth does sending law enforcement personnel to investigate an assassination lead to a flood of immigrants?

Old 07-10-2021, 04:17 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:

Haiti for Haitians!
What a disgusting comment. Most Haitians I’ve known are hardworking, law-abiding people. Their American-born children tend to do quite well.

Old 07-10-2021, 04:21 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,878,027 times
Quote:
Well I guess you've never been to South Florida...?? Haitian communities have been thriving there for decades.

Old 07-10-2021, 05:01 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Good intentions, but once you realize the expense of administering the aid takes up most of, or exceeds the amount the aid, the irrationalty of the plan is shown.
Air dropped food aid is not about efficiency or ROI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies