Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 05:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
You miss the basic point. Your ancestors had the choice to do this, and they were paid, assuming you refer to the union army soldiers.

So while your ancestors had a choice and were paid, Black ancestors had no choice and were not paid.
No one has documented any payment for the underground railroad. Is there evidence that payment was made?

Old 07-10-2021, 11:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I deserve my cut, for the sacrifices my ancestors made to free the slaves.
You don’t have any ancestors who died to free slaves unless your ancestors were black soldiers of the Union Army. And we both know better than that.

Old 07-10-2021, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Yep... they're lucky us whites are as tolerant as we are. They should be thanking us for inventing the vast majority of the technology mankind takes for granted. If you don't like this country, you can always leave. You don't deserve handouts or special treatment. Get off your ass and get a job, and stop breaking laws. This goes for whites too who are on the welfare dole and make irresponsible life choices. Of course they only make these life choices because they know the government will bail them out.

If it was 150 years ago, much less 10,000 years ago, this entitlement mentality would just end up getting you killed. You think life is hard? You don't know what hard is.
Do we act as if we’re grateful for your “tolerance?”

I think we both know the answer.

Old 07-10-2021, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
They just go by whatever revisionist website that suits their narrative.

I am sure that if I dig back in my family history, I'll find someone who fought and died in the Civil War from the north. Where's my check?
I’ve got a check for you alright. But you won’t like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
So only those who participated at the time are eligible to receive compensation ? What's a white life worth to you for helping to free the slaves ? What should a family get if the husband / bread winner was killed and their legacy cut short ? Etc., etc.
Union troops got a check. That’s gratitude enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Slaves were paid as well.

Find a better argument.
No they weren’t.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Protein View Post
The WBTS wasn’t about slavery. That’s a myth.
Yes it was.

Old 07-11-2021, 05:33 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Yeah...and my grandfather was a veteran of WWII.

Had we not sent men to die to fight fascism over there (primarily white - I don't think there were many blacks that fought in WWII), we might all be doing a zeig heil right now.

So...all the minorities in America owe me for that, too.

Old 07-11-2021, 05:53 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,739 times
Quote:
Brilliant Post ~!
(best i've read in long time)

BUT THE TRUTH of the matter is, 'I am still waiting to be compensated for Affirmative Action' ...To this DAY, affirmative action grants Privileges to Minorities (Non-Whites, Women, non-white cultures matriculating to American Citizenship, etc), that NON-WHITES pay for...-----I never signed up NOR VOTED for that!

Where's MY MONEY!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
You miss the basic point. Your ancestors had the choice to do this, and they were paid, assuming you refer to the union army soldiers.

So while your ancestors had a choice and were paid, Black ancestors had no choice and were not paid.

-YEAH the choice for the whites was this: ---->'Survive or Not'
-Black slaves had the same choice ----- >'Survive or Not'

White pseudo-intellectuals 'Desperately attempt' TO hold one Sec of the population accountable to another.

----like a Broker, they want to get paid for 'promoting' false arguments.

GOOD LUCK !

Last edited by Balkins; 07-11-2021 at 06:13 AM..

Old 07-11-2021, 06:45 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Slaves were paid as well.

Find a better argument.
Isn't that an oxymoron. Slaves who were paid?

Old 07-11-2021, 06:50 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilTech_ModernStoneDucks View Post
I should go into a store and trash it. But get paid for cleaning it up…

My ancestors didn't trash anything.

They didn't participate in the slave trade in any way shape or form.

But they were indentured servants.

And some fought for the Union in the Civil war.

Stereotyping history is suddenly ok for some folks apparently.

Old 07-11-2021, 07:10 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Those land bounties that only white soldiers got have probably benifited your family well over the years.

Old 07-11-2021, 07:29 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
I Should be Paid For My Ancestors Fighting and Dying To Free Slaves

You won't be paid for what your ancestors did, but you have been paying ever since !!!

I won't be paid for what my actual ancestors who fought for the Union did....(nor should I be).

But I certainly get blamed for what some white people, who I'm not even related to, did when they participated in the slave trade over 150 years ago.

Funny how that works, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies