Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Wokeness and CRT teachings to teachers and students promote a colorblind society?
Yes: I see how those woke teachings promote a colorblind society 3 3.37%
Unsure 1 1.12%
No: Those woke teachings emphasize color and do NOT promote a colorblind society 85 95.51%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 06:05 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,990,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sportsfan View Post
I think you know the answer to your own question, but wanted to make a controversial post anyway to continue the CRT/Wokeness discourse that is repeated on this site and in the media every day

It needs to be focused on every day. CRT is racist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2021, 06:13 AM

27,130 posts, read 15,308,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The division is already there - ask any one non white. Come on get real. This is an attempt to balance the field.
It's propaganda, conditioning, divisive, incorrect, group limiting, stereotypical, and outright insane of which a leftist could never see.....unless they by design approve of this grand perversion.

Old 07-11-2021, 06:15 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
It's propaganda, conditioning, divisive, incorrect, group limiting, stereotypical, and outright insane of which a leftist could never see.....unless they by design approve of this grand perversion.
Some live in the real world.

Old 07-11-2021, 06:17 AM

27,130 posts, read 15,308,615 times
Quote:
Some live in the real world.
Yet not yourself,

Old 07-11-2021, 06:41 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,639,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Black Entertainment Television (BET) is racist and promotes division
Black Lives Matter (BLM) is racists and promotes division.

The list goes on and on.
I don't watch BET, so I can't comment on it,
but BLM is Marxist. It just uses race as bait, to promote division.

Old 07-11-2021, 06:52 AM

23,866 posts, read 24,102,926 times
"...colorblindness alone is not sufficient to heal racial wounds on a national or personal level. It is only a half-measure that in the end operates as a form of racism."

Colorblind Ideology Is a Form of Racism

Color blindness is racism in the Cult of the Woke.

I really don't understand why this thread is still going (no offense, op). The question has been answered.

Old 07-11-2021, 06:53 AM

9,439 posts, read 5,204,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I actually just bought and read the book Critical Race Theory (although I hated to do anything to put even a dime toward that cause), and the authors emphatically state that they do NOT want a colorblind society. I will have much more to say on the subject when I have more time to write about this (on Monday).
I tried to read a book called Waking Up White (I think) written by a woman from Cambridge, MA. I seriously could not get through it. I was completely turned off by her constant bashing of her parents, who clearly lived in and brought her up in a fairly wealthy and insulated environment. Even randomly selected pages to see if something would hold my interest, or to see if there was anything that seemed really rational and "you should really read this."
I gave the book back to my friend and told her I couldn't do it.

Katharsis....if you find the book useful....let us know. I am willing to read something on this topic if I can get through it.

Old 07-11-2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
The division is already there - ask any one non white. Come on get real. This is an attempt to balance the field.
Read more.

Specifically, read more from people you don't agree with.

You REALLY need a fresh perspective. I'm not joking or being mean. There is no "balance" in the ideology behind CRT. It's about the transference of as much power as possible from you and I to the handful of people who will be in the ruling class.

You're being used. I don't like you, but I don't like to see anyone being used, and frankly, right now, you're nothing but an inanimate tool. A programmed robot.

Read more.

Old 07-11-2021, 07:01 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
"Karen" a term that you use is a term specifically about entitled white women. Are there terms that are socially acceptable to describe people of other colors in a derogatory manner?

We do teach past sins at our school.

If the end goal is a colorblind society - can you explain how being racist against whites, thrusting illogical arguments about color, and emphasizing color leads to that goal.

I am constantly told that we need to buy into woke/CRT training because "colorblind" society. How is this possible from these teachings?

You proudly proclaim to everyone with your moniker "STAND FOR EQUALITY." So I presume you must disagree with much (if not all) of the woke training I listed in the original post as it is the opposite of equality?
Your first post starts —— I’ve heard. That means your twist or your views on this training or exercise is all about. Until I see what’s on the paper or agenda, I cannot go there. My point is be who you are and be proud of it. Nobody should judge anyone for anything besides their character or treatment you receive. They nice I’m nice, they mean, walk off. I am white and seen terrible things against others because of color or ethnicity background etc etc. it’s wrong. Now why do white people have a terrible history in the world? Yes, and in some places, it’s not changed! What is your fear??
I get that shaming a white for being white is ridiculous, just as bad as shaming people of other skin colors. Ridiculous , because you cannot ever change the color of your skin. But it does happen. I don’t have the answers of how to fix it, but for years many companies and the Fed govt have taught to be inclusive of all. Home Depot pushes that and will fire you for not following that policy. The CRT is a tool, not a hard policy to start of a conversation. You should watch - the Best of Enemies on Netflix. Really - 1971 that’s not that long ago. It’s not been that long that people still had those terrible experiences.

Old 07-11-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Also, I‘ve lived long enough to know there will be a backlash to this and I am truly dreading that. This anti-white rhetoric needs to stop before it blows up in all our collective faces.
This is the wisest thing I've read on here in a long time.

Oldhag1 is right, folks. All of you who are defending this garbage - your attitude suggests that you think you'll be able to just steamroll over the dissenters, much like the Left has done with a lot of other, much more minor issues.

Ain't gonna happen. Not with this.

Don't mistake the "live and let live" way of life that most conservatives adhere to fool you into believing that you can do whatever you want without repercussions. Everyone's got their limits. I implore you - please learn to read a room.

Critical race theory is a fundamentally Marxist ideology, but instead of economic classes, the division is predicated on race. The entire point is to create divisions in an effort to weaken the overall structure, causing it to collapse. The structure in question is western civilization, btw.

This is not just a trend, and it's not organic. What's happening is a planned communist revolution that's been in execution for the last several decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies