Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 01:57 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times

Advertisements

Yet another reason to stay out of WalMart.

Paid administrative leave is standard procedure when an officer is involved in an altercation with a member of the public. Once the mess is sorted out, he'll be back on his regular duty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 02:22 PM

1,866 posts, read 934,031 times
Good lord, some groups of people are just a burden on our society.
If only I had a magic wand!

Old 07-10-2021, 02:53 PM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Somebody apparently didn't get the memo that being pregnant isn't a license to do whatever someone wants with repercussion.
I get the concern for the pregnant woman and her unborn child, but did her sister really think she was helping by carrying on and adding to the chaos?

Old 07-10-2021, 03:29 PM

4,851 posts, read 3,276,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Somebody apparently didn't get the memo that being pregnant isn't a license to do whatever someone wants with repercussion.
I get the concern for the pregnant woman and her unborn child, but did her sister really think she was helping by carrying on and adding to the chaos?
She got on the You Tube, and now hopes for a payday. I don't get it.

Old 07-10-2021, 03:43 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I'm been bit, punched and knocked on my ass. Sometimes, It's Males who do it. I can't hit back, I'm A Medical Worker.

Police Officers, shouldn't be assaulted. And, If anyone defends these POS—You're one of them.

I actually studied to be a nurse, and spent a year in a nursing program. After doing clinicals, I decided it was not for me. I do not have the restraint necessary to be someone elses punching bag, and not defend myself. It's actually quite shocking how many nurses, and other medical professionals, are the targets of violence/assault. I commend you for having more restraint than I! I also respect police officers who put up with crap, and keep a cool head on their shoulders. That's another job I could never do.

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASetrakian View Post
Not in every case. Watch the video I posted of the black Police Officer who punched a female black suspect. He didn't get charged with anything. It was justified in my opinion.
What does that have to do with the post you quoted? I said nothing about charges.

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
What kind of response do they expect? A pat on the back?

She should have been knocked Hulk Hogan style flat on her ass.
They expect to "get paid" by a fat GoFundMe account.

Old 07-10-2021, 03:49 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I'm curious about how this all started.

So. In the beginning of the video, there is a black woman in the black tank top who is in a shouting match with a white man and two white women.

When the cop arrives, the woman tells the cop 'they jumped my sister, hurt my sister".

Why did the cop ONLY go for the one black woman in the shouting match with 3 white customers, and from what I could tell, he didn't even address the white people in the argument? And then why did he cuff the woman in the white tank top and underwear, when she was walking toward the exit with her children?

Old 07-10-2021, 03:50 PM

1,663 posts, read 876,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What a crazy stupid scene. Those 2 women acted like they were entitled and then to try and bite that cops arm. All they had to do was peacefully leave the store but no they had to cause a big stink.

It is curious how the white people are standing back watching while the black people are in the foreground mouthing off and looking like they are ready to fight the cops.

Why do white people stand back and think those women were acting likes fools while black people see the cops as getting tough on those women and taking it too far? There really is a cultural divide.
Indeed there is. Meanwhile, out in the liberal loony land of King County Washington, people who assault officers while resisting arrest are not charged except in the most severe cases.

Quote:
King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg will “not file [charges] when the assault can be best described as resisting” an arrest from an officer, his office confirms. This position is deeply troubling to law enforcement officers, and King County Sheriff Mitzi Johanknecht says “we need to rethink this.”
https://mynorthwest.com/1371105/king...st-prosecutor/

Old 07-10-2021, 03:59 PM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm curious about how this all started.

So. In the beginning of the video, there is a black woman in the black tank top who is in a shouting match with a white man and two white women.

When the cop arrives, the woman tells the cop 'they jumped my sister, hurt my sister".

Why did the cop ONLY go for the one black woman in the shouting match with 3 white customers, and from what I could tell, he didn't even address the white people in the argument? And then why did he cuff the woman in the white tank top and underwear, when she was walking toward the exit with her children?
Because they pepper sprayed and assaulted other customers? And the pregnant woman resisted arrest.
"While in route officers were advised that the employees were being threatened, struck in the face, and the customers had also been pepper-sprayed by the same two suspects," https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-...rt-altercation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies