Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 06:41 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My cousin is looking for a home in Nashville after selling his house in Hendersonville so he can be closer to work. He was telling me about the Nashville real estate prices...my jaw hit the floor.
Yep. It's been super expensive here for at least a decade, but, of course, now, post-pandemic, prices are just nuts. The new house I bought last year, I probably couldn't afford today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 07:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Coloradans hate California, too. The main reason we dislike them is that they have descended upon our state like an infestation of pine beetles and destroy everything they touch. Once upon a time, Colorado was a placid Western state with a reasonable cost of living, lots of places to escape to up in the mountains and have pretty much to yourself and politics that were a little bit to the right but not unreasonably so. I even used to sometimes vote for republican candidates in Colorado back in the day.

Now Denver and Colorado Springs have some of the highest housing prices in the country thanks to all the out-of-staters coming in and snapping up what they consider to be "bargains" and pricing many native and long time Coloradans out of their homes. To make things worse, many mountain properties have been snapped up as 2nd homes and sit vacant 50 weeks out of the year while the people who live year round in mountain towns are reduced to living in their cars or a beat up RV if they are lucky.

Popular hiking trails are increasingly covered in litter and one popular destination was so full of poop that people couldn't even be bothered to bury that the Forest Service had to close off access until they could get the place cleaned up like one big huge nasty kitty litter box. Stuff like that never used to happen before Colorado was "discovered."

Californians are OK in California. I wish they'd realize this and stay there, leaving Colorado alone!
Either you believe in capitalism, or you don’t. Can’t have it both ways.

Old 07-10-2021, 07:41 PM

21,120 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Ahh, so THAT's why you call yourself "DesertDetroiter": you live in AZ. Didn't know that.
Oh, I thought it was because he deserted Detroit to go live with white people.

Old 07-10-2021, 07:44 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I had a roommate from Wisconsin who used the term “FIBs” to describe tourists from Illinois, particularly Chicago.
In New Hampshire they talk about "Mass Holes" from Massachusetts

Old 07-10-2021, 07:47 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,783,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I had a roommate from Wisconsin who used the term “FIBs” to describe tourists from Illinois, particularly Chicago.
I always think it’s cringey when people from Wisconsin say that hate Illinois. A city like Champaign is very similar to Appleton, for example; so saying you hate Illinois is almost like a self own.

Illinois and Wisconsin are pretty similar places for the most part.

Old 07-10-2021, 08:02 PM

55 posts, read 42,662 times
California VS the rest of United States. Seriously you people should do the rest of the country a favor and either break off and become your own country or commit mass suicide. Just go Away and stop destroying other states with your toxic ideology.

Old 07-10-2021, 08:06 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess_Vantassel View Post
California VS the rest of United States. Seriously you people should do the rest of the country a favor and either break off and become your own country or commit mass suicide.
I kinda thought that 'hate' in relation to this thread was kind of a jest, but I guess not.

Old 07-10-2021, 08:09 PM

4,030 posts, read 2,714,316 times
Given that Colorado seems to be getting annoyed in general with everybody and their brother moving here, we should probably be changed from "Hates California" to "Hates Everybody".

Old 07-10-2021, 08:35 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
My cousin is looking for a home in Nashville after selling his house in Hendersonville so he can be closer to work. He was telling me about the Nashville real estate prices...my jaw hit the floor.
Good thing there is no serious inflation.

Old 07-10-2021, 08:37 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Either you believe in capitalism, or you don’t. Can’t have it both ways.
This should be a forum stickie. Too often we have mindless partisans warping reality with posts about how capitalism, economics, physics etc. should bend to their political will instead of well....reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies