Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 06:23 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Who the hell is taking it away from you???? No one.
I disagree.

On this very forum, someone posted hell yeah I'm going to fly my flag so no one thinks I'm a Dem.

And no one disagreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 06:25 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yeah, you are desperate.

if i was that big of a rainbow flag fan, i'd say screw it, i'm flying it anyway, without crying victimhood.

try it sometime.
Exactly! Either you believe in that beautiful rainbow flag and fly it no matter what or fall into that group mentality thinking that it’s been stolen from you.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I disagree.

On this very forum, someone posted hell yeah I'm going to fly my flag so no one thinks I'm a Dem.

And no one disagreed.
Omg one person does not equal a whole political party. Seriously Clara.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:26 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times
dressing up in clothes that resemble a flag is disrespecting the flag..waving flags all over the place is about what a 12yr old would do...dont assume that shows patriotism

go ahead have your little pep rally's and get you hatred out! i suspect those rally re-affirm hatred but that's my opinion only

Old 07-10-2021, 06:28 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Exactly! Either you believe in that beautiful rainbow flag and fly it no matter what or fall into that group mentality thinking that it’s been stolen from you.
I guess the difference here, is that people who would still fly their rainbow flag even though it's now become the symbol of the LGBT movement (which they don't agree with) don't really care if people believe they're for that movement. (I am actually for the movement, so yes, rainbows are good).

BUT, conversely, I really care that people don't mistake me for a fanatical Trump supporter.

And I really, really care about our flag.

So that's the difference.

And now I'm out of this thread because I'm really trying hard to stick with my new maxim for happiness, "don't argue with people who are committed to misunderstanding you".

Old 07-10-2021, 06:30 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Being patriotic is FABULOUS. Being mistaken for a Trump fanatic . . . not so much.
House down the street from me had a Biden flag on the house but next to it they also had (still have) a American flag.

Every time I drove past there house seeing the Biden flag made me shake my head, but when I see them flying the American flag it makes me calm down some and think

Do I like them? I don't know never met them. Do I dislike their choice in politics?, yes. Does seeing them fly the America flag make me feel some sense of being united with them despite?, yes it does.

The only reason the flag will be hijacked by the right from the left, is if you let it be. What if the republicans were advancing the order that a Christian flag be flown from embassies? Well the left is having the BLM flag flown on embassies. That's true division, the American flag not need be, but the left need to stop attacking it saying is is racist and divisive.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:33 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
That would be me.

I'm not desperate - just realistic.

And I'm SURE not wanting to be thought of as a "victim" of anything.

I know what my flag now symbolizes, now, though, to many.

What if, for example, you really loved rainbows - it was your thing, and you liked to fly your spring rainbow flag and also you have a cool rainbow shirt, and you had rainbow striping on your jetski.

But for religious reasons, you can't condone homosexuality.

NOW how do you feel about your ability to fly your rainbows?
How the heck did Trump steal your flag? That's ridiculous. He loves the American flag and everything American. He loves this country and for that and since you dislike Trump, you hate all things he likes? Do you know how crazy that sounds?

Old 07-10-2021, 06:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
You right wingers STILL don’t have the flag even now. You couldn’t hijack it if you wanted to anyway.

The left isn’t surrendering this country to you, and you don’t have the guts to take it. Perish the thought.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:36 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
We didn't hijack the American flag the left is just too busy flying every other flag other than the American one that they are abandoning it. The left is so busy flying the BLM flag (looks like the ISIS flag), or flying Palestine flags and whatever flag that the left takes up with.
Your first mistake is the "we vs them" mentality. That's doing no one any good.

Secondly, who's flying Trump flags, confederate flags, and Gadsden flags? Saw a bunch of each on January 6. How patriotic!

Quote:
This is and always was about the left wanting to end the U.S.A as it has been known since 1788.
Seriously? The left started the USA.

Quote:
Now certain members of congress, not just activists or loud mouth people, but ELECTED officials are criticizing the government they swore a oath to....
As it should be. Debate is central to our nation working as it should.

Quote:
Being patriotic somehow is a bad thing them.
Flying Trump flags is not patriotic. Anything but.

Quote:
=And now I'm out of this thread because I'm really trying hard to stick with my new maxim for happiness, "don't argue with people who are committed to misunderstanding you".
Good plan.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I guess the difference here, is that people who would still fly their rainbow flag even though it's now become the symbol of the LGBT movement (which they don't agree with) don't really care if people believe they're for that movement. (I am actually for the movement, so yes, rainbows are good).

BUT, conversely, I really care that people don't mistake me for a fanatical Trump supporter.

And I really, really care about our flag.

So that's the difference.

And now I'm out of this thread because I'm really trying hard to stick with my new maxim for happiness, "don't argue with people who are committed to misunderstanding you".
I’m a Christian and rainbow flag does not bother me in the least. Our point was if you loved rainbows and disagreed with the LGBT crowd don’t let that stop you. Just like flying the flag.

Seems that you care about way too much about what others think of you. I don’t think anyone is going to confuse you with a Trump supporter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies