Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2021, 05:33 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,490,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Well, the proper and historical way to bide the time the tests were conducted was to find effective treatments. In fact that could have negated the need for a vaccine altogether. A person who is treated and gets better has immunity. Remember that goal, herd immunity?

So, my 'thoughtless' and 'selfish' (LOL) reasons for pause are:

I’m not anti-vax, but even though I’m in a risk group (age), the COVID vaccines are not yet thoroughly tested nor FDA-approved. So, I’d like to be able to wait until FDA approval to make my vax decision.

In the meantime, I’m taking HCQ once weekly (and zinc daily), and I plan to do so for quite a while. I put my $$ where my mouth is, as it cost me a couple hundred dollars. But it allows me to (1) be protected and proactive, (2) have meds on-hand in case I do get ill, to start early treatment, (3) be connected to physician(s) for further advice and support, and (4) support those physicians who are brave enough to make such things available. I appreciate them very much.

1. The pandemic is over.

2. Treatments are available (and we should/could be searching out more) – FDA-approved, in long term use, and safe. (But, there’s no need for a vaccine if treatments are available??) Ivermectin and HCQ, to name a couple. Per more and more research, early and out-patient treatment, or preventive (contrary to what MSM – mainstream medicine and media will share) – below are a few examples.

3. Natural immunity – comes from recovering from COVID, yet, unlike prior natural immunity convention, we are told get the vaccine even if you already have natural immunity. Natural immunity is ignored. This seems suspect. They are not counting natural immunity among ‘herd immunity’ numbers. Why not?

4. The vaccines are not yet FDA-approved; only emergency use authorization. Time to pause and resume longer term testing. We don’t know long-term side effects. Pharma has no liability.

5. Youth have near zero risk (of death from COVID), and so why the insistence and urgency they be vaccinated and exposing them to risks of possible long-term side effects? There’s time to pause and resume regular vaccine research practices.

A FEW Ivermectin examples:

A. French nursing home ‘accidentally’ demonstrated effectiveness of Ivermectin, when one resident at the home had scabies, all residents and healthcare workers were then treated with Ivermectin. Seven of 69 treated patients (median age 90) had probable or certain COVID-19, with no serious cases and no deaths. https://c19ivermectin.com/bernigaud.html

B. Prophylaxis and treatment of COVID 19 – 1195 health care workers – In an observational controlled trial… that included 1195 health care workers, they found that over a 3-month period there were no infections recorded among the 788 workers who took weekly ivermectin prophylaxis, whereas 58% of the 407 controls had become ill with COVID-19. This study demonstrates that remarkable protection against transmission can be achieved among high-risk health care workers by taking 12 mg Ivermectin once weekly. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/

C. New York judge saves 80-year-old COVID-19 patient by ordering hospital to give her Ivermectin….. WILLIAMSVILLE, NEW YORK — Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital refused to give 80-year-old Judith Smentkiewicz Ivermectin at her family’s request. So, the family took the case to court, and won. Smentkiewicz was on a ventilator and given a 20% chance to live… Ms. Smentkiewicz got her first dose of Ivermectin on January 2. She made a “complete turnaround.” Smentkiewicz was taken off the ventilator, and transferred out of the intensive care unit within 48 hours, according to court documents. But doctors in the new unit refused to give her anymore doses of Ivermectin. Michael and his sister Michelle Kulbacki took the hospital to court. Right to choose upheld….. https://thecovidblog.com/2021/01/18/...er-ivermectin/

Old 07-11-2021, 05:44 PM

5,034 posts, read 2,238,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
It may be your humble opinion, but the doctors don’t think we have enough vaccinated people for full protection: herd immunity.
That's in part because they keep ignoring the percentage of the population who has natural immunity. Ten percent of the population in this country was officially recorded as having had Covid, and scientists and public health officials think the unofficial number falls somewhere in the 30% range.

Now, there's going to be some overlap among those who got Covid and also got the vaccine, but America is probably very close to what was initially calculated to be 'herd immunity', at least before Fauci kept changing the number ever higher. Keep in mind, herd immunity doesn't mean no one ever gets Covid again.

herd immunity: a reduction in the risk of infection with a specific communicable disease (such as measles or influenza) that occurs when a significant proportion of the population has become immune to infection (as because of previous exposure or vaccination) so that susceptible individuals are much less likely to come in contact with infected individuals

Old 07-11-2021, 05:44 PM

7,925 posts, read 12,629,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
It does not matter to me. I do what is best for me. You do what is best for you!
That is my attitude as well. I do not care if others have decided the vaccine isn't a good idea for themselves.

Old 07-11-2021, 06:02 PM

36,974 posts, read 40,978,179 times
Quote:
Or maybe we don't buy in to the notion that getting vaccinated is for the common good. It's starting to show that vaccinated people are contributing to mutations and variants just like the unvaccinated.
No, not "just like the unvaccinated". That is false equivalence, since most vaccinated people are not getting infected at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Some suggest that no one....yes, no one....can get safely vaccinated with these COVID vaccines. There is so much we don't know about long term effects. Yesterday I read about a doctor who has treated many COVID patients successfully and suggests that every single person who has been vaxxed could be dead of complications in two to three years.
The "doctor" is a quack. There is no reason to believe that.

Quote:
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...1259833v1.full

Note the article says the vaccines seems to reduce mutations, not eliminate, it also states they are not really sure if this is true because with other virus' vaccines have increased the pressure to mutate.

Another thing that makes this common sense is, we know the vaccine does not stop infections, it only reduces the viral load and therefore symptoms. What even triggers mutation? That's right, infection.
All three of the vaccines used in the US have been shown to prevent infections, not just symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
You people act as if everybody that wasn't/doesn't get vaccinated is going to get infected... and that is absolutely, positively proven to be false. And it's also proven that getting vaccinated doesn't mean you won't still get it.
What is true is that now most infected people have not been vaccinated. Yes, because the vaccines are not 100% effective some who are vaccinated do get infected, but they are less likely to need hospitalization and less likely to die. They also have lower viral loads and are less likely to spread the virus.

Old 07-11-2021, 06:08 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,120,783 times
Do you think non vaxers are “thoughtless, selfish individuals?”

Yes. Some are. Others are not selfish but hesitate to take the vaccine because are misguided and have fallen prey to the tremendous amount of disinformation and outright lies about the vaccines.

The vaccine is not just for you, it's for your family, your friends, your neighbors and your country. You take the vaccine to protect yourself but also as a community service to pitch in and do your part to help the nation to beat this virus. The more people are vaccinated, the faster this pandemic ends, the faster our lives can get fully back to normal.

Getting vaccinated is one of the most patriotic things you can do.

Old 07-11-2021, 06:09 PM

36,974 posts, read 40,978,179 times
Quote:
Well, the proper and historical way to bide the time the tests were conducted was to find effective treatments. In fact that could have negated the need for a vaccine altogether. A person who is treated and gets better has immunity. Remember that goal, herd immunity?
It's a virus. Developing effective antiviral treatments is hard, and developing highly effective ones even harder.

It's easy to say, "find effective treatments." not so easy to do. It turns out the vaccines came first, and we are seeing their effects on case rates. There is no need for treatment if you do not get infected at all.

The problem is that getting infected carries a much higher risk of disability and death than being vaccinated.

Old 07-11-2021, 06:15 PM

32,901 posts, read 12,191,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
Please post your sources. What does “it’s starting to show” mean exactly? How are vaccinated people contributing to the mutation of the virus.

At this point, I give up. I don’t care if people get vaccinated. I’m vaccinated and so is everyone I love. Yes, I understand the virus may mutate into a virus we can’t vaccinate for. But I’m worn out. My hope is that the unvaccinated die off quickly.
Wow.

You wish someone dead because you disagree with them about what may be just this one thing.

Sad.

I think Trump supporters are damaging their own character by being Trump supporters, but I don’t wish them any physical ill will.

Old 07-11-2021, 06:17 PM

18,884 posts, read 13,768,763 times
It's truly mind blowing how quickly social media destroyed this country. Wow.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-11-2021, 08:02 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,752,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
It's truly mind blowing how quickly social media destroyed this country. Wow.
Totally agree with you.

We should all be able to agree on that one at least.

Old 07-11-2021, 08:22 PM

15,932 posts, read 12,201,580 times
If we ship the vaccines to other countries, then it doesn't matter... as long as some people on the planet somewhere are using them, and they aren't just making them and throwing them away... which wouldn't surprise me given how bloated, inefficient, and corrupt the US government is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies