Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2021, 07:19 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Have you had the vax?
If so, go get tested for HIV and see what happens when you get the results.

https://www.ajmc.com/view/researcher...id-19-vaccines

Why is that. HIV positive test, and no sexual contact... Only the vax.
That's not what it says.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:11 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Don't be so sure about that...

Lambda is a recently designated COVID-19 variant of interest by the World Health Organization and is coming under scrutiny as more cases are being detected in multiple countries, and amid concerns that it carries mutations that could potentially make it more resistant to neutralizing antibodies.
Lambda has a 10% death rate in Peru.
Let's say this new virus mutation is going to be really bad, will that get people to care now, whether or not COVID escaped from the Wuhan Institute of Virology?

Old 07-14-2021, 08:12 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Non-vaxxers are extremely smart. They understand that the US government was stupid enough to remove mask mandates before everyone was vaccinated, meaning there is no incentive to ever be vaccinated now that no one has to wear a mask.

Only 48% of Americans are vaccinated and that number drops to 6% in terms of black Americans. We’ll never get to Biden’s delusional goal of 70%.
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

Well done Biden administration. You’ve certainly kept your world on defeating covid and having the backs of black Americans…
Masks were basically useless at preventing infections anyway.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:25 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
That's what bots and shills are saying. Not real people. And those against the vax are growing every day.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:29 AM

24,597 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Masks were basically useless at preventing infections anyway.
As was the vaccine, hence the reason Americans have stopped showing up to vaccine sites.

Biden would have to drag people out of their house to get vaccinated now.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:36 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Have you had the vax?
If so, go get tested for HIV and see what happens when you get the results.

https://www.ajmc.com/view/researcher...id-19-vaccines

Why is that. HIV positive test, and no sexual contact... Only the vax.
Did you not read your own article, or do you just not understand the meaning of "FALSE positive".

From the article you linked:
Quote:
But it also generated HIV antibodies in some recipients - which meant it showed false positives for HIV. Further testing proved the HIV wasn't there.
You seem to show a pattern of spreading blatant misinformation. People point it out to you, and you continue to do it. Why is that?

Old 07-14-2021, 09:27 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Depends. Some have legitimate medical issues and they cannot/choose not to vaccinate. Those people have no issues masking etc.

Then there are the others…

Old 07-14-2021, 10:55 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Did you not read your own article, or do you just not understand the meaning of "FALSE positive".

From the article you linked:

You seem to show a pattern of spreading blatant misinformation. People point it out to you, and you continue to do it. Why is that?
Main agenda......"Own the libs"

Been that way for years

Old 07-14-2021, 10:59 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,150,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
That is what people on my towns FB page are saying. I personally am not getting the vaccine yet because I had Covid in Nov and as of March had antibodies. Knowing people who had a bad reaction to the vaccine (people who did and didn’t have Covid) I’m not ready to get it yet. I also have allergies to shellfish and eggs and was told I couldn’t get the flu vaccine. Which I don’t. So I am not going to get this one yet. Not sure if or when I will. So that makes me a thoughtless, selfish person? If you are vaccinated why does it matter if I’m not?
I'm sincerely happy that you have recovered from your initial infection. I don't know enough about you to have an opinion about whether or not you're selfish and thoughtless, but I do think you're misguided. If you insist on refusing the vaccine, please monitor your health carefully and immediately isolate yourself if you become infected again.

Old 07-14-2021, 11:05 AM

36,493 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
That is what people on my towns FB page are saying. I personally am not getting the vaccine yet because I had Covid in Nov and as of March had antibodies. Knowing people who had a bad reaction to the vaccine (people who did and didn’t have Covid) I’m not ready to get it yet. I also have allergies to shellfish and eggs and was told I couldn’t get the flu vaccine. Which I don’t. So I am not going to get this one yet. Not sure if or when I will. So that makes me a thoughtless, selfish person? If you are vaccinated why does it matter if I’m not?
It does not matter. Vaccinated and unvaccinated both can still contract and spread Covid. The vaccine does what natural immunity does, lessens the symptoms. Smaller viral decreases the risk of transmission. I would dare say that the majority of people have already been exposed to the virus.

Choosing not to follow the lemmings over the cliff isnt thoughtless or selfish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies