Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2021, 08:55 AM

25,723 posts, read 18,797,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
MAGA was/is about forcing gays back into the closet, women back into the kitchen, brown people back to the back of the bus where they belong, and a Bible into every science classroom. It was/is about bringing back 1955. Conservative Americans believe the ideal society is what America was between 1945 and 1964 and will do anything to bring back those days.
As opposed to now, where it is about forcing women to tolerate men in their bathrooms, forcing gays to shout in every megaphone on the face of the planet, blaming living white people for slavery by all races that was outlawed over 150 years ago, and a copy of the Communist Manifesto in every classroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 08:56 AM

30,158 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I think the larger point is that Trump supporters hated Bill and Hill during the time that Trump was palling around with them. I suspect that most of Trump supporters weren't big fans of Trump back then either.

I suppose in their minds Trump somehow became "enlightened" and came to their point of view. Others of us have watched this guy operate for 40 years and realize that he is basically an opportunist and realized that his "evolution" was in part to attract a following among right wing reactionary types.

Whether or not Trump is still friends with the Clintons these days is not as important as to why Trump was friends with the Clintons in those days. Why didn't he see the Clintons as the evil people that all the other righties did at that time? And if Trump finally saw the light so to speak. Why would you want to support a guy that was so slow on the uptake?
I think GOP / Trump voters see Trump as fully on their side now and don't care how he got there or how long it took. Which is ok. But then say with Obama who was probably more radical in his younger days (Jeremiah Wright for example) and the GOP focused more on his past as showing his true colors and his more centrist ideas later on were just to get votes. That is politics I suppose.

Most politicians say what they have to say for votes. Trump is different in being late to the game of politics and late to the republican party.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
As opposed to now, where it is about forcing women to tolerate men in their bathrooms, forcing gays to shout in every megaphone on the face of the planet, blaming living white people for slavery by all races that was outlawed over 150 years ago, and a copy of the Communist Manifesto in every classroom.
Both parties do the same thing. The left looks at the fringe people on the right and then claim the GOP is veering off into Nazism. And the right looks at the fringe people on the left and claim the dems are veering off into marxism.

Both are disingenuous at the very least. But its red meat to the right and beyond beef to the left or perhaps some "sourced" fish. And its all about winning not honest discussions. The last two candidates who spoke honestly were Bernie Sanders and Ron Paul. And neither one got the nomination so honesty does not take you far.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Apparently everyone is a pontificating hypocrite including, sadly, Tucker. I used to watch him. He's grown tiresome.

I really liked Bill O'Reilly back in the day. But otherwise cable news shows hosts are not people I look up to, on either side. They all make a lot of money when they get to the top of that profession. And its all about ratings and saying what people want to hear. I think Tucker started out with a good message. But now its about saying something outrageous to get attention.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:13 AM

41,956 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
lol. If you say so. Old Joey sure has his people brainwashed. I think when he pauses in his speeches and just stares, this is how he brainwashes his people.
Please provide evidence of error in anything I posted about the election.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:27 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It isn't this complicated.

Trump supporters believe the election was stolen because they're sore losers. Some might call them "snowflakes."

What's a "sore loser?" Would it be four years of Democrat-media conspiracy theories?

Old 07-13-2021, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
What's a "sore loser?" Would it be four years of Democrat-media conspiracy theories?
Yep. And Trump since election day. Amazing so many people are blinded by their politics.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:31 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
Cheer up and try not to sound so upset. Some of those anecdotes are pretty funny.

Don't quit your day job to become a shrink. I'm amused, not upset. Reality is reality, however, regardless of my personal amusement at some folks' willful delusion.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:39 AM

23,863 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I believe behind the scenes in politics is very different than the show the average voter sees.
Right, and I didn't challenge the general notion. I challenged a very specific assertion you made - that Trump and Clinton are "friends."

I don't think you understand the Clintons very well. That's about all I can say.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:46 AM

10,088 posts, read 7,763,936 times
Dems are trying to cheat today. Look at those idiot dems from TX that took a private jet to Washington. I hope Abbott arrests them all.

Look how they control the media to only say good things about them. Look how they remove Trump and others they don't agree with from social media so they have no voice.

That is all a part of cheating. Dems are bound and determined to either federalize the elections or to somehow fix it where IDs are required. How many polls have I seen where like 80% of people want IDs required yet those in the White House do not! That is because they need to cheat to have any chance of winning.

They know they have absolutely NO chance of winning in 2022 or 2024 so they will need to rig the elections once again to have a chance.

Again, if people don't agree the dems cheat, then they are only lying to themselves.

This country is going toward Marxism and being destroyed. That's enough to make anyone angry except for dems. They hate America and it's flag.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 07-13-2021 at 11:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies