Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2021, 10:44 AM

23,961 posts, read 15,066,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Have you read the language in the proposed law? That’s probably a good start.

Poll watchers have never been allowed to approach or speak with voters heading into the polls. I haven’t seen any language indicating that that is going to change. All I’ve seen is that poll watchers will be allowed closer access to poll counting stations. That’s not the same obviously as being given access to the polls themselves.

I wouldn’t know a “Proud Boy” if I saw one, unless he or she identified themselves to me as one, in which I’d simply tell him or her to GTFO and go about my business.
Wish I had kept my poll tax receipt from when I was younger. I also remember being allowed to vote in a bond election that only property owners could vote in because an official asked if I owned a watch. That qualified me. It also left me wondering about the people who didn't ask or were not white.

I have also been in line at the precinct and watched as voters in tee shirts with the candidates names on them were allowed within the 100 foot marker. Must depend on the judge to enforce.

The senate and house versions from a couple weeks ago differ. We will know when the final version come out and is made public a couple of hours before the vote. So far a lot depends on enforcement. That means the precinct election judge. But nobody can obstruct the view or hearing of the poll watcher. They can sit or stand near enough to see and hear. If not, the watcher can sue the judge. What does any of that mean in terms of distance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2021, 11:16 AM

23,868 posts, read 24,096,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I have also been in line at the precinct and watched as voters in tee shirts with the candidates names on them were allowed within the 100 foot marker. Must depend on the judge to enforce.
It would also depend on the electioneering laws in that state. There are different rules; it's not federal.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:23 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I like a lot of what you posted here. A balanced post.

Honestly, using 'the left' for this cancel culture stuff is as inaccurate as using 'the right' for Trump's bullying (or right wing cancel culture). It's really distinct individuals or groups making noise, presumably to drum up support which they don't yet have.
True. But when Trump would attack someone on Twitter for making comments about him, say a previous person in his administration. His minions would parrot that and instantly hate that person. No whether that is 1% of the GOP or 50% I don't know. But I do know people in my life that are Trump supporters and not really political but the do parrot right wing talking points like election fraud or fear of the vaccine. I don't know where they get this from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The left is the same way. Both sides are big tents and just because some person or some distinct group launces a campaign for some thing doesn't mean everyone on 'the left' is on board with it. They don't need to be and they don't necessarily want to be ... it's just a convenient polemical stick to whack them all with.
I agree. And those on the left and right extremes are held up as examples to those on the other side. For example there are Marxists on the far left. But they are not the average Democrat. Same for fascists on the far right. But the activist side of each party I think is much bigger than it used to be.

My point was both sides have factions that bully the other side. But some on here, especially on the right think that its just the other side doing this.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:35 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,133,024 times
Quote:
If all this proof is out there, why has no claim been made for Lt Governor of Texas Dan Patrick's million dollar reward?

The AG of Texas can find no fraud in Texas. But they will still pass legislation that will allow a poll watcher to get into my face while I vote.
Some states are pushing for laws that will allow the legislature to throw your votes out entirely and seat their own electors. How the eff is that election integrity?

Old 07-15-2021, 11:45 AM

37,960 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Too long - abbreviated version:
Quote:
a) The entrenched bureaucracy & security state subverted Trump from Day 1, b) The press is part of the operation, c) Election rules were changed, d) Big Tech censors opposition, e) Political violence is legitimized & encouraged, f) Trump is banned from social media.
Conservatives had their world view shattered and no most will no longer trust the system again.
I definitely agree with that. Social media was busy busy banning speech for anyone that said something that went up against the Democratic Party dogma. Network and cable media weren't any different. It all started when the social and news media had a blackout on precious non-whistleblower's name, it was forbidden from being uttered or mentioned. Then it was any mention of the lab leak, or masking, or really anything about COVID.

Censorship really hit the edge of sanity when Hunter's book was banned from being mentioned. Untold thousands of conservative bloggers and YouTubers were banned in 2020, for things that are now allowed to be discussed, post election of course.

Add all of the above, to the way states just arbitrarily modified election laws and created new rules and exceptions on the fly, without going thru the legislature or following their state Constitutions. Who can trust any future elections when the laws in place are meaningless and can be altered on a whim, sans any proper legal or legislative process.

Old 07-15-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It would also depend on the electioneering laws in that state. There are different rules; it's not federal.
The law in my state says no electioneering within 100 feet of the entry door. I take a piece of string 100 feet long to measure.

Old 07-15-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...es/voter-fraud

Too easy. At least take ten seconds to google stuff before you say it. You'll save yourself a lot of embarrassment.
LOL Ken Paxton???

Were any of those 'fraud' claims enough to turn an election?

IIRC. one in east Texas involved the Republican primary. They had to have a do over. It might have been in the last election cycle.

Putting those 2 women from the ftWorth area in jail should have an effect on people who shouldn't vote, voting. But my premiss is still correct, who gets on the roll is up to the Secretary of State. They have access to all sorts of data to determine if the information on the card is correct. Seems to me allowing poll workers access to the photos on the TDL site is all anybody needs, a fingerprint for mail in. That would cover 99% of the voters.

Old 07-15-2021, 12:40 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,082,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
MAGA was/is about forcing gays back into the closet, women back into the kitchen, brown people back to the back of the bus where they belong, and a Bible into every science classroom. It was/is about bringing back 1955. Conservative Americans believe the ideal society is what America was between 1945 and 1964 and will do anything to bring back those days.

(insert virtual standing ovation here) You nailed it.

MAGA and Trump people want to return the United States back to the "glory days" (in their opinion) of the 1950s.

Old 07-15-2021, 07:34 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,323,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am a Trump supporter but I must disagree. Unless the irregularities were enough to alter the national result it's just not worth the candle.
What do you think now that we have preliminary feedback from Maricopa County?

Quote:
- 2 petabytes of video collected
- Discrepancy between what Maricopa said they sent and what was received
- Thousands of duplicate ballots with NO serial numbers
- Proved that the Cyber Ninjas did not modify machines
- Refused subpoena orders and never turned over router data ordered
- Machine's anti-virus not updated since Jan. 2019
- Proved it takes an idiot 10 minutes to access the entire AZ voting system, not just Maricopa
- Windows security log deleted in February 2021
- 37,000 password log in's from 8 possible accounts, on and since election day
- All passwords were the same for every AZ election system log in
- Entire duplicate batches of ballots, identical to each other
- Ballots PRINTED ON ELECTION DAY were printed in such a way that caused ink bleed through registering a vote for a completely different candidate
- 168,000 ballots PRINTED ON ELECTION DAY
- 74,000 mail-in ballots that were never mailed in. No fold creases observed
- 11,000 people voted in Maricopa that were not registered to vote

This is just ONE COUNTY in a single state.

H/T BentBow
We also discussed anomalies in the PA data, even if the discussion became derailed.

Quote:
The anomalies from this December 16th version shows:

161,774 records have alterations
Of these alterations:
116,840 were Returned Dates changes
69,004 were marked “Returned” after Nov 3rd
19,660 were marked “Returned” after Nov 6th
13,450 ballots have been deleted since Nov 10th
10,415 Return Date with no Mail Date
5,052 Applications Returned after Ballot Mailed
1,034 Applications Approved after Application Returned

Totaling: 191,725 mail-in ballots were touched by alterations, illegality, or anomalies according to data.PA.gov.

Old 07-15-2021, 08:14 PM

35,013 posts, read 16,972,291 times
Quote:
The law in my state says no electioneering within 100 feet of the entry door. I take a piece of string 100 feet long to measure.
If someone is collecting ballots, aren't they electioneering within 100 feet of the intended voter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies