Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 09:59 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,098,197 times

Advertisements

The Elitist Left thinks no one can do anything without their help and supervision!

Old 07-12-2021, 10:02 AM

42,175 posts, read 17,556,423 times
I'd be highly insulted that the VP thinks people in rural areas don't have photocopiers.
Does she think rural is that backwards ?

Old 07-12-2021, 11:06 AM

23,032 posts, read 12,165,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I have my own Multi-function printer out in a shed near the outhouse.
You should move it to the outhouse. That way if you run out of toilet paper, or corn cobs, you grab a sheet of paper out of it to use.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:16 AM

36,076 posts, read 30,572,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I'd be highly insulted that the VP thinks people in rural areas don't have photocopiers.
Does she think rural is that backwards ?
All I can say is bless her heart. Her research material on rural America was probably episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction and Green Acres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You should move it to the outhouse. That way if you run out of toilet paper, or corn cobs, you grab a sheet of paper out of it to use.
Its a darn shame they stopped sending out the Sears and Roebuck catalogues.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:30 AM

379 posts, read 149,646 times
Hey Kamala! We have no problem making copies. Pa can hitch up the wagon and we can be in Sleepy Eye by tomorrow night. I’m sure someone in town has a copier. Actually, I’m kind of hoping they don’t, because you know what that means. Road trip to Mankato! Woohoo!

Old 07-12-2021, 11:35 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,468,144 times
Them fancy image-imitatin’ boxes can be had fer the cost of just a couple bales of hay!

Old 07-12-2021, 11:38 AM

19,242 posts, read 15,118,143 times
I first heard of this claim many years ago. It's always talked about, but has anyone ever actually seen or heard of someone who was unable to get an ID, or, in this case, a copy of their ID? I'm being serious. If someone were so helpless, wouldn't they be needing someone to help them merely survive and couldn't that person(s) help with the ID?

I'm aware of Kamala's angle, but I'm still just curious and want to be fair about the issue since I haven't investigated.

EDIT: Some amusing responses here.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:44 AM

23,155 posts, read 26,086,216 times
Somebody tell her it's really OK. If they can't figure out how to get a copy they shouldn't be voting.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:49 AM

36,076 posts, read 30,572,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I first heard of this claim many years ago. It's always talked about, but has anyone ever actually seen or heard of someone who was unable to get an ID, or, in this case, a copy of their ID? I'm being serious. If someone were so helpless, wouldn't they be needing someone to help them merely survive and couldn't that person(s) help with the ID?

I'm aware of Kamala's angle, but I'm still just curious and want to be fair about the issue since I haven't investigated.

EDIT: Some amusing responses here.
Well I live in a rural area. Back in the 80's I worked for a government office and I had to make home visits to places the higher up state level employees were afraid to go. There were still houses with outhouses, well pumps and some with no electricity. Heck I had friends out in those hollers. Guess what, even then most of them drove so yes they had ID. Those who didnt had someone who would "carry them" where they wanted to go, grocery store, church, bank, drug store, doctor, Dairy Queen, court house, to vote, etc. Everyone had some form of ID.

My grands, my parents and all their siblings were born at home. Only one grandpa ever had a DL but all my grands were able to get a state ID and go wherever they needed to go.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:52 AM

19,242 posts, read 15,118,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well I live in a rural area. Back in the 80's I worked for a government office and I had to make home visits to places the higher up state level employees were afraid to go. There were still houses with outhouses, well pumps and some with no electricity. Heck I had friends out in those hollers. Guess what, even then most of them drove so yes they had ID. Those who didnt had someone who would "carry them" where they wanted to go, grocery store, church, bank, drug store, doctor, Dairy Queen, court house, to vote, etc. Everyone had some form of ID.

My grands, my parents and all their siblings were born at home. Only one grandpa ever had a DL but all my grands were able to get a state ID and go wherever they needed to go.
Yeah, that's what I was wondering about, areas like that. Thanks for the response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies