Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 01:42 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times

Advertisements

I just read this book too and kept thinking I should get a red pen so I could circle all the falsehoods and ridiculous assumptions passed off as fact.

BTW, we can't always "right old wrongs" once the people who did wrong, and were wronged, are gone. All we can do is "wrong" different people, but that still won't change the past, heal the present, or eliminate ongoing issues in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 02:22 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Yeah, you are in denial. What has been going on at college campuses is making it's way into many aspects of public life, including corporations. the belief is that "righting past wrongs" can only be achieved by discriminating against white people. That isn't my own interpretation, that's Ibrahim X's own statement...the author of "how to be an anti-racist", one of the biblical texts of this movement.

I have white children. Open racism against them is not ever going to be acceptable to me. I don't deny slavery or historical racism. But this movement basically says that racism in the other direction is the only way forward. Again, not making it up, that's an actual core belief. Bury your head in the sand if you want. What you have is an "academic" and legal movement that's basically thinly veiled open hostility towards white people.
Ibrahim who? The "biblical texts of this movement" - what movement, anti-racist? Yeah, I'm anti-racist, we all should be. I don't get what you are so scared of. Maybe give us an example of how you or your family has been hurt by this so-called movement.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:26 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I just read this book too and kept thinking I should get a red pen so I could circle all the falsehoods and ridiculous assumptions passed off as fact.

BTW, we can't always "right old wrongs" once the people who did wrong, and were wronged, are gone. All we can do is "wrong" different people, but that still won't change the past, heal the present, or eliminate ongoing issues in the future.
Well I agree with you. That's why I am opposed to the idea of reparations. I want to help anyone who has been hurt by discrimination, but not by hurting others.

I haven't read the book, but I take your word for it that it is full of falsehoods. What I disagree with is the idea that this is some terrible threat to our country, and that our children are all being indoctrinated to hate white people. i find that ridiculous.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:35 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Ibrahim who? The "biblical texts of this movement" - what movement, anti-racist? Yeah, I'm anti-racist, we all should be. I don't get what you are so scared of. Maybe give us an example of how you or your family has been hurt by this so-called movement.
You fell for the trap. Blm, anti-racist, anti-fascist. All of these names are designed to make it so that if you oppose them, wham, you don't think black lives matter, you are pro racist, and pro fascist.

"Anti-racism" isn't a movement against current racism, it's a movement for atonement and payback for past racism.

sorry, it's ibram X. Kendi, and yes he is one of the main figureheads of the "anti-racist" movement.

I'm not sitting around waiting for this movement to hurt my family. That would be pretty stupid. Just look at what is going on with crime throughout the country, plenty of people have been hurt already when the ideas these people support start taking hold. We can't enforce laws against black people because they have been discriminated against and all cops are bastards/racists.

Murder rate skyrockets.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:42 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Forget about race for a moment. Being born into "normal" is not a choice, the person affected has no control over it. I'd imagine people who are NOT born into that, feel like they have been cheated. I'm certain that most of them have to work harder for the same result.

Blacks are more likely to be born into more challenging situations because of the history of this nation.

I don't blame anyone alive for it, unless they are still actively trying to hold someone else down, but I do think we all need to recognize that everyone does not start from the same position. Some have more challenges because of choices THEY made. They should be more accountable to right their bad decisions. Many find themselves there because of no fault of their own.

Me: I'm perfectly OK with making it easier for people with less going for them to get on a path to be productive. They still have to do the work, but I would be OK removing obsticals from their path. In my opinion, if more people are doing well, I have less tax burden to take care of them. I have more customers for whatever I might sell or produce. I have more capable people driving the economy. I'm part of a nation that is stronger, and more competitive.

For those that don't make the effort, that's a little more challenging to me. I'm not in favor of just bringing them along and paying their way, but at the end of the day, I'm a compassionate human being, and unlike many in this discussion, I just don't have it in me to step over another suffering human and completely shed any notion of helping them, because they were born into different circumstances than me. That's just me, and I'm proud. (Yes, I'll walk right past a bum with his hand out but I might contribute to the food pantry, or other known charities, and I'll support some basic infrastructure to make sure they are cared for enough that they are not dying in the streets.)

As this all applies to CRT: I still don't have an informed opinion, other than in very general terms, I think we have to acknowledge our history, learn from it, and try to do better going forward. Burying our past is not a path to improvement. (and before you comment, I don't think we should tear down statues either, I think we should move them to museums of history, so we can continue to understand and learn from our past. It's a different discussion, and if a thread is started (again) on it, I may comment...)
Excellent post. I agree.

Old 07-13-2021, 03:06 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Hannity and Levin have to frame everything in 1980's "commie" speak to appeal to their audiences.

I'm not a right wing talk radio/Fox News person. I voted for Biden and I have voted for Democrats since I came of age 40 years ago.

This "woke" stuff is not a boogeyman conjured up by Hannity et al. It's becoming pervasive and it needs to be dealt with. The witch-hunt type hysteria post-Floyd has pushed if even further.

It's been common tactic by liberals here to say this whole "threat" is exaggerated. 5 years ago you'd have me saying the same thing.

I no longer believe it is exaggerated.

Click on to enlarge.

The left and their actions are now in play through the cabal of media, democrat party, big tech, and colleges and classrooms.

the woke stuff is the political correct garbage listed on how to advance Marxism.

Old 07-13-2021, 05:00 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Maybe you're 'anti-racist', maybe not. The phrase 'anti-racist' has a new meaning than in the past.

Old 07-13-2021, 05:56 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
You don't really need to go past this excerpt to see how twisted the ideology behind this movement really is. It's funny because in many youtube comments threads and on this forum and reddit I've been told I "don't understand the scholarship" or "haven't bothered to read the texts".

this passage, right here, affirms everything that right wingers are saying about critical race theory..yet people will still say that "you just don't understand it". I think the motivation behind it all is actually being understood quite clearly. It's basically militantly angry black people and their woke allies putting a fancy academic facade over simple hatred of white people and whiteness, whatever that is.

This is straight Marxist word twisting.
I intend to document every RACIST thing that BLM, antifa and critical race theorists do that is a HATE crime toward whites.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:42 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

If it was true, it wouldn't be called Critical Race Theory.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:45 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I intend to document every RACIST thing that BLM, antifa and critical race theorists do that is a HATE crime toward whites.
I tried that but I got writers cramp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies