Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 08:23 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Most recent Harvard Study from last week...

Unvaccinated Kids can and do spread Coronavirus...

https://www.health.harvard.edu/disea...break-and-kids
So can vaccinated kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 08:26 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Here in Texas kids who are getting it amounts to a cold. The flu is much worse for kids. There will always be the outlier like your 16-year old hospitalized, but it is extremely rare. Imagine how paranoid we would all be if they reported all serious flu cases? We’d be hiding in our bunkers for years.

I was just at my kid’s college family orientation last week and I bet there were no more than 10-15 people wearing masks at various times. I got my vaccine and my kid already had covid so he has natural immunity. His father who refuses to get the vaccine has not been sick. I haven’t heard of any outbreaks from that orientation. I believe the vaccine works and we may very well have reached herd immunity here.
Ok that's good news. Thank goodness for the vaccine.

I'm a bit concerned with our younger population as we have little immunity of any kind pretty much currently, unfortunately.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:31 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Kids don't even get sick.. why vaccinate? This is getting into the extreme. We got Biden the radical in office now and he is getting really weird.

Old 07-13-2021, 01:44 AM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Here in Texas kids who are getting it amounts to a cold. The flu is much worse for kids. There will always be the outlier like your 16-year old hospitalized, but it is extremely rare. Imagine how paranoid we would all be if they reported all serious flu cases? We’d be hiding in our bunkers for years.

I was just at my kid’s college family orientation last week and I bet there were no more than 10-15 people wearing masks at various times. I got my vaccine and my kid already had covid so he has natural immunity. His father who refuses to get the vaccine has not been sick. I haven’t heard of any outbreaks from that orientation. I believe the vaccine works and we may very well have reached herd immunity here.
Define "much worse". The average number of flu deaths in 0-17 range in several recent years is lower than the Covid number (taken over a year). And that's with all the restrictions. And pre newest variants.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:18 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I wouldn't do it if I had a child that young. This whole thing has taken on a life of it's own that far exceeds "health" and I worry about what it's leading up to.

Old 07-13-2021, 06:41 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times
Given the US never went to an electronic verification system and many of these vaccine places shutdown and lost records I don’t know why these people aren’t just printing out cards and falsifying them. It’s the easiest way to prove you vaccinated yourself or your kid and 90% of the time or more it won’t even be caught

Old 07-13-2021, 07:22 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Are kids still zero risk, with the Delta variant? Not being snarky, genuinely asking.

Here in Sydney we have an alarming number of people under 55 being hospitalised. One in intensive care is 16 (one may not seem like a lot but we're talking very few cases in comparison to other parts of the world).
Yes, their risk remains extremely low, even with the delta variant.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Most recent Harvard Study from last week...

Unvaccinated Kids can and do spread Coronavirus...

https://www.health.harvard.edu/disea...break-and-kids
To vaccinated adults???

We should vaccinate children who are at almost no risk to protect adults who have had every opportunity to get the vaccine?

Old 07-13-2021, 07:31 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,469,281 times
Trying to ramp up the social pressure on these kids by making them wear the mask if they don't get the jab. Everyone wore the mask last year but this year just the holdouts will. The "others". They'll be singled out by their peers and they'll have to be strong.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Trying to ramp up the social pressure on these kids by making them wear the mask if they don't get the jab. Everyone wore the mask last year but this year just the holdouts will. The "others". They'll be singled out by their peers and they'll have to be strong.
Totally agree.

Early on people scoffed at me when I expressed concern that mask mandates would be imposed on kids for school. Supposedly these kinds of measures were meant to protect adults who are higher risk. People seemed to understand that kids were low risk. Now masking is ending for adults and kids are still expected to mask. All this in spite of the knowledge of how damaging the last year was for kids and teens mental health. Suicide attempts, anxiety and depression have skyrocketed in this age group. It’s not ok to continue doing this to kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies