Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 03:34 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Can you refute the claims about who is receiving (and not receiving) the vaccine, or do you just hate anything right of CNN?

Zerohedge is not some kind of a pro Trump mouth piece, and many people who typically read that blog are quite anti Trump. I don't often see articles written about Trump there.
"Many people".
That's the excuse Trump always uses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 03:36 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Perhaps you should research what states have the largest populations of African Americans... Then we can have that discussion.

Also, the states with the highest percentage of African Americans is worth consideration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...can_population

If you're not smart enough to figure out why that might matter, than I would be happy to break it down for you. I know numbers are a tricky thing for some...
Haha. So many liberals don't understand that there are large amounts of black democrats living in "Red" states.

maybe they think everyone who lives in Mississippi is a republican that loves Trump?

Old 07-12-2021, 03:37 PM

13,264 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Most of the minorities in my area Hispanic, and blacks wore masks even before it was required by the state. The ones I saw not wearing masks arguing with security were the typical Trump supporter. Likely minorities are not antivaxxers.

Old 07-12-2021, 03:52 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,493 times
There are different reasons why the black population is wary of vaccines than Trumpsters. A long history of being experimented on is part of it.

I actually think most liberals do know this.

And it is still not incorrect that Trumpsters have a low vaccination rate compared to everyone else.

We're having a problem here in MO. Red Greene County MO is one of our biggest problems. The population of that county is only 3% black. 91% white. The vaccination rate is under 40%. The surrounding counties are even whiter and their vax rates are even lower.

But sure, it's just the black people.

Old 07-12-2021, 03:56 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
There are different reasons why the black population is wary of vaccines than Trumpsters. A long history of being experimented on is part of it.

I actually think most liberals do know this.

And it is still not incorrect that Trumpsters have a low vaccination rate compared to everyone else.

We're having a problem here in MO. Red Greene County MO is one of our biggest problems. The population of that county is only 3% black. 91% white. The vaccination rate is under 40%. The surrounding counties are even whiter and their vax rates are even lower.

But sure, it's just the black people.

Nobody said "it's just black people". The point of the thread is actually it's not just "Trump" people, and the divisive lame stream media is lying and turning people against one another based on politics, as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHY should I? You cited an article that supplies little in the way of data supporting its claims, let them do it.

I see they're apparently too tricky for ZeroHedge to waste much time on, eh?

So you have no counterargument other than you have a problem with Zerohedge, but you can't refute their claims with facts. Ok. Point taken. Carry on with your day.

Old 07-12-2021, 03:59 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
I posted this link,,,just for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
well yeah.....the CDC reported on this last month

it's ~10% only of blacks getting vaccinated

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/
Quote:
Right after you refute vaccination states are higher in blue states than in red states.

And the cited article was quite short on statistics but I did notice their little blurb that they give news you won't find anywhere else. WHY is that? The truth should be available from multiple sources.
Quote:
WHY should I? You cited an article that supplies little in the way of data supporting its claims, let them do it.
I see they're apparently too tricky for ZeroHedge to waste much time on, eh?

Old 07-12-2021, 03:59 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ops+to+zero%29

Clearly, our leftist friends on this forum are woefully misguided when they blame "Trumpers" and vaccinated Trump for people not getting the vaccine. It is actually young, poor, less educated African Americans who are most likely to avoid getting vaccinated. So the reality is, when lefties insult people for exercising their right to refuse the vaccine, they are insulting a whole lot of African Americans.

If anyone thinks they can insult their way towards higher rates of vaccination for the general public, they are sadly mistaken. They are also misguided when they try to make it a political thing. People are not choosing to avoid getting vaccinated because of Trump. After all, he was among the first to receive the vaccine, along with Biden. This is a socioeconomic issue, not a political matter.
Blacks have some reason to not trust the government.. they experimented with blacks who had syphilis and were never treated. They remember .

Old 07-12-2021, 04:03 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Blacks have some reason to not trust the government.. they experimented with blacks who had syphilis and were never treated. They remember .

I am not here to blame African Americans for exercising their right to turn down the vaccine. Nor am I advocating using the government or any other measures to force the vaccine on the unwilling. Just pointing out how ridiculous the lame stream media's talking points are. Of course, the left latches onto these talking points religiously, so it's no surprise that they refuse to accept reality for what it is, instead of what they are told it is by their lame stream media masters.

Old 07-12-2021, 04:04 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times
Quote:
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ops+to+zero%29

Clearly, our leftist friends on this forum are woefully misguided when they blame "Trumpers" and vaccinated Trump for people not getting the vaccine. It is actually young, poor, less educated African Americans who are most likely to avoid getting vaccinated. So the reality is, when lefties insult people for exercising their right to refuse the vaccine, they are insulting a whole lot of African Americans.

If anyone thinks they can insult their way towards higher rates of vaccination for the general public, they are sadly mistaken. They are also misguided when they try to make it a political thing. People are not choosing to avoid getting vaccinated because of Trump. After all, he was among the first to receive the vaccine, along with Biden. This is a socioeconomic issue, not a political matter.

Blame Biden. He fell short of his expected target %. His people will say, "but but but, he came close". Close is no cigar.

Old 07-12-2021, 04:07 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Gee, a far-right blog attempts deflecting blame from Trumpers.

Who woulda thunk?

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ed-blue-divide

"Black adults under age 40 are the mostly likely group to avoid the Covid-19 vaccine, according to new data from the U.S. Census Bureau. Here’s what you need to know about the findings."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/young-b...ne-11614378542
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies