Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 09:21 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
dang. even cnn can see how toxic the woke idiocy is.
As Democrats begin the uphill climb to hold their majorities in the House and Senate next November, politicians and party strategists are admitting that their biggest challenge comes from within: "Woke" liberals demanding adherence to policies on crime, the environment and government spending that are simply not shared by a majority of the country.

"Wokeness is a problem and everyone knows it. It's hard to talk to anybody today -- and I talk to lots of people in the Democratic Party -- who doesn't say this. But they don't want to say it out loud," Carville, who made his name helping to elect Bill Clinton president, said in an interview with Vox this spring. Asked why his party won't admit the wokeness problem, Carville responded bluntly: "Because they'll get clobbered or canceled."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/12/polit...ice/index.html
They're trying to control their monster. It won't be easy, so they will spend the next months/years gaslighting the country. Look at them trying to pin "defund the police" on Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 09:36 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I would advise conservatives, moderates, moderate Democrats, and those who just lean left to continue to stand up for our rights and use logic and facts to combat the woke stupidity -- and to do everything possible to expose that stupidity without sinking to their level of hatred and violence and attempted censorship. (Boycotting books, movies, businesses, etc. is one thing, preventing other people from using, seeing or hearing something is quite another.)

The only way to stop bullies is to show that we are not afraid of them, to not back down, and if necessary -- and it usually is -- to use FORCE to stop them. And, by force, I mean enforcing laws -- politicians and legislators need to stop pandering and judges should to back to the Constitution and the nation's or their state's laws and not rule based on how the left wants them to rule. However, my fear is that some far-right extremists will go overboard with the "fighting back" part and that will just have the opposite effect of what they hope to accomplish.

Imo, the great majority of people dislike bullies no matter what "side" they are on!

Last edited by katharsis; 07-13-2021 at 09:54 AM..

Old 07-13-2021, 09:39 AM

9,870 posts, read 4,646,105 times
CNN is somekind of weird phase right now so wouldn't jump on any direction or opinion they are taking.

But when they at least give 'wokeness' some attention that's a start. At the sametime they're advocationg forced or incentivized vaxxes. Yet at the sametime they've had several commentators whine Branson's and billionaires space flights are selfish in a time of climate change. But space and all the tech required to travel it is about and/or will advance science.

Until I see more it's a hiccup

Old 07-13-2021, 09:42 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Basically, I would advise conservatives to continue to stand up for our rights and use logic and facts to combat the woke stupidity -- and to do everything possible to expose that stupidity without sinking to their level of hatred and violence and attempted censorship. (Boycotting books, movies, businesses, etc. is one thing, preventing other people from using, seeing or hearing something is quite another.)

The only way to stop bullies is to show that we are not afraid of them, to not back down, and if necessary -- and it usually is -- to use FORCE to stop them. And, by force, I mean enforcing laws -- legislators need to stop pandering and judges should to back to the Constitution and the nation's or their state's laws and not rule based on how the left wants them to rule. However, my fear is that some far-right extremists will go overboard with the "fighting back" part and that will just have the opposite effect of what they hope to accomplish.

Imo, the great majority of people dislike bullies no matter what "side" they are on!
That is a good post.

If I may add one other element to not backing down, which we have broadly failed at up to this point. We must refuse to consent to their agendas. This includes not clicking on the "accept" button on apps or signing agreements that provide access or inclusion in exchange for an agreement to support their vile agendas. Also, we must refuse to accept the false premises on which their agendas and narratives are based. Far too often, we agree to these and then engage in resistance on their terms, which is a 100% guaranteed path to failure.

People do that a lot without even thinking about it. Everyone must learn to set limits and boundaries with these people based on principles, and then, just say "No". And THEN do not back down.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
That is a good post.

If I may add one other element to not backing down, which we have broadly failed at up to this point. We must refuse to consent to their agendas. This includes not clicking on the "accept" button on apps or signing agreements that provide access or inclusion in exchange for an agreement to support their vile agendas.

People do that a lot without even thinking about it. Everyone must learn to set limits and boundaries with these people based on principles, and then, just say "No". And THEN do not back down.
That didn't occur to me because I'm a senior who doesn't use any apps at all (!!), so I don't know what you are talking about. Can you give just a brief summaries and/or an examples of the bold or provide links that would educate me about them?

Unless by agreements for access, you are talking about clicking on to a liberal news media website (?)

Old 07-13-2021, 09:48 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
wokeness?

what is this 2018? Damn you guys are so late.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:52 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
People are tiring of the constant virtue signaling, obsession with ancient history, anti American and anti cop rhetoric, and the pushing of white guilt and the race card every 5 minutes.

It's wearing VERY thin even on a lot of Democrats.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
wokeness?

What word has taken its place?

Damn, it is so hard to keep up with all the changes in language some people would like to enforce!

Old 07-13-2021, 10:00 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
wokeness?

Did it disappear sometime between then and now? Or did they just re-brand it......

Old 07-13-2021, 10:08 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times
Quote:
wokeness?

Tell that to CNN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies