Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the FBI had a role in creating the January 6th riot?
Yes 21 42.86%
Probably 14 28.57%
Probably not 5 10.20%
Definitely not 9 18.37%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 12:59 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times

Advertisements

I've noticed this since 9/11. It's been in the news for at least 10 years. Here's an old Guardian article:

Fake terror plots, paid informants: the tactics of FBI 'entrapment' questioned

This article is more than 9 years old
Critics say bureau is running a sting operation across America, targeting vulnerable people by luring them into fake terror plots
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e-terror-plots

Now Tucker is saying they have used the same tactic against Trump supporters. I bet he's right.
Quote:
You are working for the FBI, so you’re not charged with a crime. It’s also, by the way, scary, given the current climate, given that January 6th is now being used as a pretext to strip law-abiding Americans of their most basic civil liberties. So given that, we have an absolute right to know exactly what happened that day, and the FBI’s role in it. We believe the FBI had people on the ground, people who stormed the Capitol and committed crimes while inside. We said that. The FBI has not denied it. In fact, no one from the FBI has even commented on it. They don’t have to. This time, they’ve got CNN squarely on their side.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...reating-crimes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2021, 01:03 PM

24,483 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Nothing should surprise us anymore when it comes to government agencies. How many times has the FBI known of a deranged man that later went on a shooting spree?

The FBI does like to dangle the carrot in front of would be criminals just daring them to grab it and then they make the arrest.

I don't think we should be surprised if the Biden admin can start getting after guns that the law abiding will be set up and taken down by the FBI and the ATF etc..

I agree that Tucker is probably right.

Old 06-21-2021, 01:10 PM

7,238 posts, read 4,548,286 times
I don't think they had a role but I definitely think they knew it was going to happen and sat back and just waited.

I wouldn't be surprised either if they had informants encouraging people to act in ways they might not have otherwise.

I do think thought there are people who are far too nieve and ignorant about what law enforcement can do and I do think they need to smarten up and get educated.

Old 06-21-2021, 01:13 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I've noticed this since 9/11. It's been in the news for at least 10 years. Here's an old Guardian article:

Fake terror plots, paid informants: the tactics of FBI 'entrapment' questioned

This article is more than 9 years old
Critics say bureau is running a sting operation across America, targeting vulnerable people by luring them into fake terror plots
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e-terror-plots

Now Tucker is saying they have used the same tactic against Trump supporters. I bet he's right.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...reating-crimes
the FBI made them do it? okay

I would “maybe” believe this if the people were masked and didn’t show their faces and tweet their ignorance in real time.

Old 06-21-2021, 01:14 PM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
How long has Tucker known and did he complain when they were setting up Arabs in the US?

If he didn't care then I would like to know why. He has been in the industry long enough for this stuff to pass by his desk, did he care at all then?

Old 06-21-2021, 01:15 PM

6,104 posts, read 3,341,443 times
Most everyone used to trust the FBI. But after it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Comey went after a sitting President with a fake dossier, that opened everyone’s eyes to the possibility that this type of thing could’ve been going on since the Hoover days.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:32 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
He went into this last night. Brought up a case or two where the FBI did indeed manipulate a situation.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:33 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
the FBI made them do it? okay

I would “maybe” believe this if the people were masked and didn’t show their faces and tweet their ignorance in real time.
The government knew that a mass of people were coming to the Capital. More protection was requested but liberals denied that request, likely because they wanted a moment like happened.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:43 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,776 times
Of course we are discussing the FBI under Trump....so who knows.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:43 AM

4,511 posts, read 5,052,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Most everyone used to trust the FBI. But after it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Comey went after a sitting President with a fake dossier, that opened everyone’s eyes to the possibility that this type of thing could’ve been going on since the Hoover days.

Hoover was known for keeping files on certain American citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies