Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 12:33 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times

Advertisements

I've mentioned a few times that my business is in the trucking industry. We have a unique perspective of what's happening around the country, based on what our customers are hauling.

There have been a LOT more military moves lately. Prior to 2017, there was an occasional but regular pattern of them. From 2017-2020 that number fell off a cliff. I almost forgot that military loads were a thing. Starting in 2021, we started seeing them again, and the frequency has been steadily ramping up. Some of our customers (regular OTR truckers for hire) are now almost exclusively moving military loads, there are so many.

Make of that what you will. To me, more military equipment moving around means something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 12:36 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
I know there's a lot of military activity in the Black Sea ...training exercises from what I read.
Black Sea..Ukraine, Crimea, Russia, oil pipeline....

Old 07-13-2021, 12:47 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
To quote the owner of GLP: The covid response was all about the money.

"Trillions of dollars milked from every government on Earth!

It's the greatest heist in human history.

Much more profitable than a world war.

Same effect but no property or infrastructure damage.

This is a PLAN!

You think these people are above something like this?

hahahahah

You know better than that."

Now that Covid is going behind us mostly, a good war would be next thing to allow them to keep the monetary floodgates open so all the world's parasites can milk from it. Thing is, we don't really have the labor pool to rebuild if large amounts of infrastructure get taken out. War is incredibly inefficient as a way to run a civilization. There's lot of parasitic losses involved with simply maintaining a military much less the actual war effort.

"Good thing we can just print our way back to prosperity!" ... the mating call of the fool.

Last edited by sholomar; 07-13-2021 at 12:58 PM..

Old 07-13-2021, 12:50 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Assuming you're referring to household goods, there is no secret here. I'm military myself. Our non-essential permanent change of station (PCS) moves were often delayed due to Covid-19. As we get back into the swing of things--and the summer is usually the busiest of the PCS season, with 65% of PCS moves occurring between May 15 - August 31 of each year: https://www.military.com/pcs/peak-mo...season.--there are more moves than even than usual taking place now.

Note, even for those proceeding as normal, there is a labor/parts/equipment shortage, which may make it seem like there are more moves than normal as the companies that remain are more saturated with military moves: https://www.army.mil/article/248311/...hipment_delays

Old 07-13-2021, 12:53 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I've mentioned a few times that my business is in the trucking industry. We have a unique perspective of what's happening around the country, based on what our customers are hauling.

There have been a LOT more military moves lately. Prior to 2017, there was an occasional but regular pattern of them. From 2017-2020 that number fell off a cliff. I almost forgot that military loads were a thing. Starting in 2021, we started seeing them again, and the frequency has been steadily ramping up. Some of our customers (regular OTR truckers for hire) are now almost exclusively moving military loads, there are so many.

Make of that what you will. To me, more military equipment moving around means something.
What does "Military moves" mean? PCS moves like a service member moving their household goods? Do you mean lowboys that carry vehicles to a rail yard? unclassified cargo? We are winding down a 10 year deployment.

Old 07-13-2021, 12:59 PM

45,580 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Elites like those in the Carlyle Group are back in business after Trump hit them in the pocket book with no new wars in his 4 years.

"We're back"

Old 07-13-2021, 12:59 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Quote:

I know there's a lot of military activity in the Black Sea ...training exercises from what I read.
Black Sea..Ukraine, Crimea, Russia, oil pipeline....
He's talking about in the U.S.

Old 07-13-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Assuming you're referring to household goods, there is no secret here. I'm military myself. Our non-essential permanent change of station (PCS) moves were often delayed due to Covid-19. As we get back into the swing of things--and the summer is usually the busiest of the PCS season, with 65% of PCS moves occurring between May 15 - August 31 of each year: https://www.military.com/pcs/peak-mo...season.--there are more moves than even than usual taking place now.

Note, even for those proceeding as normal, there is a labor/parts/equipment shortage, which may make it seem like there are more moves than normal as the companies that remain are more saturated with military moves: https://www.army.mil/article/248311/...hipment_delays
Are you saying that after August, I should expect to see the frequency of these loads go down?

What about the three years preceding the Year of the Virus? There wasn't much moving around then, either. 2020 Wasn't all that different in that regard, from what I saw. What I see is just a slice, I get that. It's why I'm asking.

Do you have any opinion about what our adversaries have been up to, and the likelihood that we'll be drawn into something?

Old 07-13-2021, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
What does "Military moves" mean?
It means loads contracted by the military to be moved from point A to point B. Were you really not able to connect that to the trucking industry I mentioned we work in? Or were you trying to show off your military-specific knowledge that has absolutely nothing to do with what we do?

Old 07-13-2021, 01:05 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:

Thanks for posting. I don't know if this means anything -- similar threads have been posted before, with those doing the OP (or posting a video) being made to look like fools when nothing awful happens -- but you never know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies