Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 11:22 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,872,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Trump made a decent choice with Gorsuch but the Kavanaugh pick was horrible.
Do you think he picked any of them, really? He didn’t even read national security briefings. What makes you think he looked into any of them? Hannity could have picked them for all we know.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:33 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
For those who think Kavanaugh caved, um... no. This is who he has always been. And hey - it's better than a flaming liberal.

I posted this almost three years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
By the way - you want to hear the real deal on Kavanaugh - listen to that first segment. He's basically a Kennedy replacement, which is the same thing I knew ahead of time. He won't overturn anything.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You mean the same Donald Trump that had a string of trophy wives, billions in assets and a ****ing jet with his name on it?

When the esteemed professor paints his name on his personal ****ing aircraft, I'll give two ****s what he has to say.
Lol...basically you just highlighted that he can’t pick wives either. A “string of trophy wives” is NOT a compliment, dude. That’s an insult.

The jet with his name on it is a canard. Hell, John Travolta owns a 707...and he can actually afford it without standing in front of a trail of bankruptcies. Drake, a damn RAPPER, has his own 767, and he’s not even close to being a billionaire. You’re too easily impressed.

As for Trump’s “billions in assets,” he's so deep in hock that by the time his debts are figured in, he’d barely pocket a penny if he sold them. Gimme a break. Anyone else that inherited $400 million of his daddy’s money would be a lot wealthier than Trump.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
For those who think Kavanaugh caved, um... no. This is who he has always been. And hey - it's better than a flaming liberal.

I posted this almost three years ago.
That’s not the point. Trump didn’t nominate him to be a Kennedy replacement. He nominated him to be in the Clarence Thomas/Antonin Scalia realm of delivering justice. Extremely hard right wing judicial activism. Republicans didn’t dream for a minute that they were getting Kennedy. If they’d thought that for a second, they would’ve pushed back very hard against Trump nominating him.

Now everyone wants to act like they knew Kavanaugh’s philosophy all along. Naaaaaaahhhh.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:52 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,822,968 times
How cute that Trump still lives rent free in your head.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:55 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Typical liberal spin.
If you didn't want the spin you shouldn't have passed him the ball.

Was Kavenaugh a poor choice? For Trump he was.

At 56, Kavenaugh is very young to be at the top of his game as a federal judge. He didn't have as much judicial experience as the rest of them, but if he's careful now, he has the luxury of time to learn what he doesn't know, and has an extremely nice 30-year career as a Supreme Court Justice ahead of him. Plenty of time to develop into becoming the Chief Justice if he wants it badly enough.

Since he won't have to consider retiring until 2051 at all if his health holds out, he doesn't have to worry at all about what Trump thinks of him now. Trump will be long dead and in his grave before Kavenaugh even has to think about his tenure on the Supreme Court.

If Kavenaugh wants to be the Chief Justice and his decisions gradually turn him from conservative to liberal to get it, he wouldn't be the first to change.
Earl Warren was a very conservative Federal Judge when he was confirmed, and was similarly young for the position in 1953 when confirmed into an aging Court.

Like Roberts, Warren became the Chief Justice soon afterward, and once Chief, turned the Court completely around from conservative to liberal, and led it for the next 20 years.
He became a thorn in the side of all the Republicans who confirmed him and a big headache to the GOP, but once in the Court, he was untouchable.

Justice Roberts is now 66. Kavenaugh is a decade younger. If he plays his cards right, he could become Robert's replacement, and he knows it. Why should he stick with a former President whose ship is sinking rapidly?

Last edited by banjomike; 07-14-2021 at 12:18 AM..

Old 07-14-2021, 02:02 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trump sure could pick’em, couldn’t he? Let him tell it, his strategy for picking the right people was foolproof.

But now, he rails against Brett Kavanaugh...a man who was so controversial that Trump really had to put up a good fight to get him confirmed. You know...because when you know all the right people to pick and they’re the absolute best, then you’ve gotta stand up and fight for them!

But a few years later, here come the regrets:

Lol...Trump actually put a guy on the Supreme Court that he believes “couldn’t have joined a law firm!”

This is why Trump is so dangerous and we had to toss him outta office. He’s unstable.

https://theweek.com/donald-trump/100...-kavanaugh?amp
"Unstable" is too kind a word. During Trump's 4 years in office, the slaughter in the White House was nothing short of incredible. Were he to win a second term in office (God forbid), I bet he'd bring back the guillotine. "Put your head on the block, Rudi. I mean NOW!"

Old 07-14-2021, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
"Unstable" is too kind a word. During Trump's 4 years in office, the slaughter in the White House was nothing short of incredible. Were he to win a second term in office (God forbid), I bet he'd bring back the guillotine. "Put your head on the block, Rudi. I mean NOW!"
I was being charitable.

Old 07-14-2021, 03:18 AM

11,769 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Wow all the libs with DTS - you still can't get over it. Despite his flaws I'm glad Trump is still front and center. He has more guts than your fearless leader Obama who is hiding in the basement with Joe.

Old 07-14-2021, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Wow all the libs with DTS - you still can't get over it. Despite his flaws I'm glad Trump is still front and center. He has more guts than your fearless leader Obama who is hiding in the basement with Joe.
Can’t get over what? Trump lost. He’s washed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies