Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2021, 11:33 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The vaccine is doing its job. That seems to upset some of you.

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...vailable-data/

FULL CLAIM: “99.2% of U.S. COVID deaths in June were unvaccinated people”

In summary, the claim that most COVID-19 deaths occurred among unvaccinated individuals is accurate, according to available evidence. No vaccine is 100% effective, and therefore a small number of hospitalizations and deaths are expected among fully vaccinated individuals. However, recent data from the U.S. and other countries suggest that COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective and might prevent most COVID-19 severe cases and deaths in the U.S.
Not at all. I am happy the vaccine is working. Unsubstantiated claims do however do upset me. Making a statement and repeating the statement does not make it tested, proven or true. Words like according to available evidence, suggests, limited data, might, give me pause and certainly do raise an eyebrow when people try to persuade other that it is proven, tested fact. Is it true, maybe, maybe not. At this point it is conjecture.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:33 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Someone knocking on your door is a loss of liberty?
No, it’s the fact that people knows about the vaccines, you hear it on t.v., Facebook, radios, etc.

A lot of people has already made their minds up. I believe that a lot of people feel that this is a sutle way of intimidating people to get the shot. I don’t believe they will hold anyone down or anything like that, but it’s also unprecedented and it makes people feel uncomfortable. If one comes to my door, I would be polite and thank them and that’s it. I don’t believe it’s wrong to question government motives and I say this with no matter who is in office.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:35 AM

8,414 posts, read 4,571,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
They are only counting deaths and hospitalizations for vaccinated people. That is fine. Your point?

It's massaging the data in their agenda's favor. It makes it look much better in favor of being vaccinated while covering up the fact that the vaccinated are contracting the infection and contributing to mutations just like the unvaccinated. It's not much different then labeling the 9000 "reported" VAERS deaths as "unverified" but calling every "report" of covid amongst children as verified and ventilated.

You don't mind being lied to for the "greater good"? The question is who's greater good.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASetrakian View Post
Have a do not trespass no soliciting sign on your door.
Meaningless unless your local government code puts financial muscle into it. Even then, calling 911 to report someone ringing your doorbell it not likely to get a quick response.

Might be easier to not open the door.

This time of year, my neighborhood is flush with door knockers, eager to make an appointment for you to listen to a sales pitch to replace your Fill in the Blank or exterminate or sell coupon books or whatever. Come October, politicians and their supporters will be making the rounds. This strategy crosses political lines. Amazing how many people will vote for a candidate just because they or an agent took the time to introduce themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies