Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2021, 09:28 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,362,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
China and Cuba are different. China is not right out our back door. I'm no fan of China, but to compare the two isn't grounded in reality.
The reality is the right is for trade with communist China but embargos Communist Cuba is not a consistent belief. On one hand you are propping up the largest Communist country on the planet and soon to become the number one economic supper power. But we should worry about little Cuba where the missiles have been gone for decades.
The right is always complaining about the left having it both ways do you want to join them? Are you for free trade? being the communist fighter you are how do you justify trading with one communist country but not another communist country? You are either fighting communism or you are not, that is reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2021, 09:37 AM

9,964 posts, read 5,662,928 times
^^ China is a cautionary tale of what happens when you test the belief that liberalizing trade with a belligerent actor will liberalize their political structure and make it less belligerent. We shouldn't be in any hurry to make that same mistake with Cuba.

Old 07-15-2021, 10:00 AM

10 posts, read 3,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The statement is not in support of communism as you claim. It is about ending the embargo with Cuba which I support. After all we trade with communist China which had wide support from the republican party and the right. So what is the difference? the right supports the embargo to gain Cuban vote support in Florida. In the same breath the right knocks the left for open border policy because those immigrants tend to vote {D}.

No we should not be sending aid but should be ending the embargo and any sanctions on Cuba, after all the right chirps they are all about free trade or are those just talking points.
There has been a food and medicine exemption for Cuba for 20 ****ing years lol. Cubans have no money to buy anything, unless family in the USA sends them money, they don't have supermarkets, the so called grocery stores are government run. Cuba has to import 80% of their food because modern farming is obsolete than to communism. Over in the DR it is just opposite, they only import 20% of their food and they have modern supermarkets.

Old 07-15-2021, 07:22 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,382,454 times
There are several threads on this I'll pick this one because I like the title the best.

For decades members of the black caucus, that is black members of congress as well as some other politicians have gone to Cuba several times and praised Castro.

Another leftist black politician Karen Bass was part of the Venceremos brigade, a leftist organization that set up trips for American leftists that supported the Cuban revolution.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...rigade/614662/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venceremos_Brigade

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=102903658

To note by the way, However, despite the leftist nature of the Brigades and the Cuban government, conflict emerged between Brigade organizers and gay members of the Brigade and their allies

It seems the Cuban communist government wasn't receptive to gay people.

Not going to say all people are the same because they are not but it sure seems a good portion of black Americans in government are pro communism and take a far leftist stance. I would like to know why personally

Old 07-15-2021, 07:35 PM

39,838 posts, read 26,470,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am no fan of BLM but they are supporting the Cuban people not communist Cuba which I would assume you mean the government. You are just making up fake threads. You do know the history of Cuba before Castro and the Communists took over? If not you should understand we played a big part in what eventually led to Castro taking over. Its blow back.

I hope the cuban people finally overthrow that communist government.
Bull. BLM is attacking the Cuban people and supporting the murdering, corrupt, communist government. You should have read the OPs link, you would see exactly who they are supporting.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 07-15-2021 at 07:43 PM..

Old 07-15-2021, 07:43 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,404,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Could be when Cuba allowed Russia to bring in missiles pointed at the United States and allowed a military build up there , the United States will not forget that.
But will forget the 50+ thousand killed in Vietnam? Because we have pretty normalize relations with that country.

But hey, let's continue our temper tantrum over a country that is just exercising its sovereignty, lol.

By the way, the Soviets wanted missiles in Cuba due to the US placing missiles in Turkey...oh, the US does not like missiles so close? Well, neither did the Soviets. The US withdrew the missiles after the Cuban Missile Crisis, which is exactly what the Soviets wanted.

Old 07-15-2021, 08:05 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,727,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
BLM comes out with a statement of support for the communist dictatorship in Cuba

https://twitter.com/sabrod123/status...96641658896391

So the US should be sending aid to prop up communism?
At some point everyone needs to just admit that BLM is a Marxist movement. Not everyone walking around like a zombie droning, "Black Lives Matter" endlessly is a Marxist, but the organization is Marxist to the core. So why would it surprise anyone that they support a murderous totalitarian Communist regime?

Old 07-15-2021, 08:11 PM

37,120 posts, read 42,178,043 times
BLM is so weird. People who claim to support them have no clue what messages they "officially" are putting out there while also not knowing what everyone else who claims to support them actually believe. It's a cluster****

That said, BLM is definitely anti American so whatever else you want to say about them is pointless IMO....it's a horrible group and I can't wait for them to be over.

Old 07-15-2021, 08:29 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,382,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
BLM is so weird. People who claim to support them have no clue what messages they "officially" are putting out there while also not knowing what everyone else who claims to support them actually believe. It's a cluster****

That said, BLM is definitely anti American so whatever else you want to say about them is pointless IMO....it's a horrible group and I can't wait for them to be over.
Yet some democratic party politicians support painting the BLM slogan on public streets, they also on a federal level support flying the BLM flag on embassies and government buildings, business and corporations send out virtue signaling in support, celebrities and other people donate and virtue signal support for it on social media and college students and such march in the rallies.

Why? Because some take it at face value that it is humanitarian or in business interests to say they support it, but the core of BLM is marxist, and they are laughing it up and getting rich because.

In the meantime BLM chapters promote and support for people like Castro and declare the American flag and many other traditional things that symbolize America are things that promote division and hate. The truth is the American flag and other things symbolic of America are seen as standing up to communism in their mind.

Old 07-15-2021, 09:28 PM

609 posts, read 302,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
BLM comes out with a statement of support for the communist dictatorship in Cuba

https://twitter.com/sabrod123/status...96641658896391

So the US should be sending aid to prop up communism?
Utterly idiotic and embarrassing. I guess this police brutality is okay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies