Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2021, 08:33 PM

2,369 posts, read 901,987 times

Advertisements

I would like to see the Republican party be the party of reason and sanity. With all this woke, BLM, transgender craziness on the left, Americans just want sober minds at the helm. No more impeachment circus, please.

I think Kevin McCarthy is rational, he's not like Pelosi and "the squad". Don't set out to impeach Biden but do investigate Hunter Biden's dealings. If that investigation leads to Joe then so be it. Don't bother to impeach Kamala. She's not a threat, don't make her a martyr.

What Republicans should do is legislate against Big Tech censoring, and reinstate some form of fairness doctrine. A 2022 elected Republican Congress should take these measures against the media, in preparation for 2024. Otherwise the Republican presidential nominee will face the same unfair media attacks that hurt Trump.

Last edited by DrPibbs; 07-15-2021 at 08:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2021, 08:43 PM

31,913 posts, read 14,909,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Kavanaugh-Ford style hearing? With Tara Reade?
Impeachment? You can impeach a President for anything these days....
Or just leave him alone and enjoy the show?
Why are Trump and his supporters so hell bent on destroying our country instead of working together

Old 07-15-2021, 09:08 PM

10,618 posts, read 4,250,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Impeachment in the house only takes a simple majority and has been done several times (twice with Trump). Removal from office via the senate requires a super majority of 2/3 and has never been done and won't happen in the next few years even if the restrict the vote party gains control of both chambers.
I know, that's why I never said removal........and why I never said anything about Harris or anyone else replacing him, because I know he won't be removed until 2024.
But if you Impeach Trump, you will be Impeached, and probably multiple times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why are Trump and his supporters so hell bent on destroying our country instead of working together
Because Biden is the most partisan President of all-time.
No chance of togetherness....

Old 07-15-2021, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Because Biden is the most partisan President of all-time.
No chance of togetherness....
Get rid of McConnell and things would get done.

Old 07-15-2021, 09:15 PM

10,618 posts, read 4,250,359 times
Quote:
Get rid of McConnell and things would get done.
McConnell and Biden are friends, so things will probably become even more divided if you replace McConnell.

Old 07-15-2021, 09:26 PM

Quote:
McConnell and Biden are friends, so things will probably become even more divided if you replace McConnell.
McConnell is no friend to anyone. He only pretends to be. He has his own agenda and does whatever he has to do to get his way. Look what he did to Trump. He placated him to advance what he wanted. Then he threw him under the bus. He has since tried to make nice.

Old 07-15-2021, 09:49 PM

33,834 posts, read 16,852,285 times
Quote:
Kavanaugh-Ford style hearing? With Tara Reade?
Impeachment? You can impeach a President for anything these days....
Or just leave him alone and enjoy the show?
They will just rule Congress, as it was meant to be, w/o politically motivated impeachment circuses. We do not have freak shows like AOC. We are the party who operates in a business-like, methodical manner.

Old 07-15-2021, 10:02 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,901,213 times
Quote:
McConnell is no friend to anyone. He only pretends to be. He has his own agenda and does whatever he has to do to get his way. Look what he did to Trump. He placated him to advance what he wanted. Then he threw him under the bus. He has since tried to make nice.
I agree with you on this, I don’t trust that man.

Old 07-15-2021, 10:03 PM

1,153 posts, read 626,487 times
Not to sound "blackpilled" or anything but ya'll are going to be very depressed to know that many political "rivals" are actually good friends with each other and sometimes even undercover allies outside of press conferences and media coverage.

Reality TV and politics aren't as incredibly disparate as one may think. That's all I have to say.

Old 07-15-2021, 10:52 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,539,490 times
Quote:
I thought they blamed the destruction happening on everybody else, such as Marxists and leftists for starters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies