Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 06:10 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Oh man how torn up you are over a simple question.
Saying that I never said it wasnt a human being is not the same as saying it is a human being.

Saying to my knowledge an 8 week fetus can not live outside the womb is not its a human being that can not live outside the womb.

Can you see these statement are not the same.

Because people died during the great depression or due to famine is not the same as you no longer receive food stamps so you die. One is not attached to government assistance.
Get a grip.
You quote specifically shows a fetus is not a Person or does not have the status of personhood.
Quote:
Saying to my knowledge an 8 week fetus can not live outside the womb is not its a human being that can not live outside the womb.
Quote:
Never said they are not alive. Never said it was not a human being.
Which of those statements do you want to go with in the debate, the first one or second one? To be honest the first one reads like your drunk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2021, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Hair Surprise View Post
Take short trip back in history and you will see nothing but men oppressing women's rights.

It was not that long ago that a female could attend college. In 1891 Marie Curie (won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1911) enrolled in college and had a very difficult time due to being scoffed at by a male dominated university.

In the US women were not allowed to vote until 1920! And even then not all women were granted that right.

Don't blame it on TX men, it's been the men all throughout history that have held women down. Sadly, it still exits today.
It was men that talked, Norma Leah Nelson McCorvey, into being the face behind the bill and it was men who gave women their right to abort.
PS: leave it to a man to get the woman to help them get out of a tight spot, as well as convincing the woman it was her idea in the first place.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 07-16-2021 at 06:31 PM..

Old 07-17-2021, 10:48 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The surely don’t in Texas. I made my military husband drive me back to Fl 2 weeks before I was due. Refused to deliver my baby there.
Most backward state period! Not all the people, but those politicians - ugh
You made him drive you to a red state of all things?

Old 07-17-2021, 11:59 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousoutsider View Post
Texas men like tacos and telemundo.
Mostly if they are Hispanic.

Old 07-17-2021, 12:15 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Your Mom had human babies did she not?
And before they were babies, they were fetuses.

Fetuses aren’t babies.

Old 07-17-2021, 12:25 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Maybe those families should manage themselves and their finances so they can pay for their own healthcare.

Maybe people should understand how economics work, and understand that putting the government in the revenue stream of the health care industry has grossly inflated the costs of health care so that it is unaffordable for 97% of the people. And the answer for affordable health care is NO government, and not more government.

Freedom is not forcing me to pay for someone else's healthcare through the tax and spend system.

Freedom is not forcing me to pay for abortions that murders innocent human beings.

That has nothing to do with me.

Maybe you make these types of life decisions based on what others think. I don't.
It’s murder in your opinion.

Your two stances are contradictory and hypocritical.

I agree with you about no government re healthcare, but then you want the government to get involved in a woman’s decision.

Old 07-17-2021, 12:33 PM

23,545 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It’s murder in your opinion.

Your two stances are contradictory and hypocritical.

I agree with you about no government re healthcare, but then you want the government to get involved in a woman’s decision.
The government shouldn't get involved and neither should taxpayer funds be involved. Taxpayer funding should be used for birth control and for other health related expenses, just not for abortion...unless the woman is on deaths door or is a pregnant child.

Old 07-17-2021, 12:41 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why do you say that?

When a being has its own separate blood and circulatory system, it's a human being. Abortion sheds innocent blood.
How about breathing? Some believe life begins when the baby takes its first breath.

Old 07-17-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Your Mom had human babies did she not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
And before they were babies, they were fetuses.

Fetuses aren’t babies.
If a fetus isn't an offspring (baby) of homo sapiens --- please define it the different way in which you see it. Does it begin as one thing, and then transitions to another?

Old 07-17-2021, 12:53 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousoutsider View Post
I'm 58 and my great grandmother attended Cumberlin college. My mom has several college degrees and she's 88 years old. When you say "not that long ago" are we talking 200 years?

What rights don't women have today?
Could your great grandma vote? Her entry into college was the result of the first wave of women wanting the vote. A friend older than your mom got a PhD in Chemistry. She was still unemployable in her county. But there were some women lucky enough to get jobs according to their talents. That mostly went away with the depression, war and then the returning men. All these women who did all kinds of jobs were told to go home so as to make way for the returning men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies