Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 12:54 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,219,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I have a lot of problems with the new woke NFL. I also fully understand that most of the players don’t like people like me.

With all that said, I am a fan of the game. I’ve loved football my whole life. Played in high school, and watched it ever since. Enjoy fantasy football, too.

So what I do is compartmentalize it all. Put everything aside and just enjoy the game.

But the players themselves, mean nothing to me outside the lines. I. will not wear any NFL gear (grown men shouldn’t be wearing jerseys anyway), and if I ever seen a player out in public, I’d just ignore him and go about my day.

What are we supposed to wear? I have a few suits in the closet, but no one that I know has died lately, so they'll stay there.
BTW-I don't think most players give a rats a** about you.

Old 07-16-2021, 01:36 PM

305 posts, read 213,125 times
"End Racism"

"Support racial justice."

"Imagine no possessions." lol

All of these empty slogans are euphemisms so that leftwing activists can browbeat and degrade well-meaning white people into submission. Since we all know that racial disparities are a 100% given when you diversify any environment, we know that equity is an insidious code word for reducing standards, shaming whites, and silencing dissent.

How lonely it feels to be one of every 10 people who recognize such an obvious truth. (Not on City Data per se, but if one reads popular media.)

I am immersed in "social justice" in both my work and studies. These are not abstractions to me. I read the language and see the harm from it every single day. I was even a democrat for most of my life. This new cultural orthodoxy we've seen, as displayed here by the NFL, is a harebrained scheme to avoid talking about group crime stats, cultural priorities, and group IQ differences. In the words of the great Charles Murray, let's "face reality."

Old 07-16-2021, 01:51 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
The NFL has no ability to "fight racism", that's the scam. It's all theater and it's being pushed to weaken the country. Maybe the NFL is complacent or maybe they are just fools who've all taken one too many hits to the head, IDK. But not one iota of "racism" is going to end based on anything they are doing. It's getting worse and they know it. I ask myself why they are doing this all the time and I hate every answer.

It's just like the "ribbon", the "safety pin" the "bracelet" the "bumper sticker" the one of a thousand "flags" and "hashtags" etc. that all make a lot of noise but don't do a damn thing but make money for a select few. We are really dumb as a species.

Old 07-16-2021, 01:59 PM

6,115 posts, read 4,607,373 times
Watching football bores me, especially with so much of the time being spend as timeouts, but the NFL doing this doesn't get me triggered like it apparently does some people.

Old 07-16-2021, 02:03 PM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
I've always found football to be mind-numbingly boring, but if my favorite sport started this nonsense, I'd tune out in a heartbeat.

Old 07-16-2021, 02:10 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The NFL has no ability to "fight racism", that's the scam. It's all theater and it's being pushed to weaken the country. Maybe the NFL is complacent or maybe they are just fools who've all taken one too many hits to the head, IDK. But not one iota of "racism" is going to end based on anything they are doing.
That's the thing. Is playing the Black National Anthem at a football game going to stop all the crimes, murders and violence that go on in America's cities on a daily basis?

I kind of doubt that it will. But I guess that is not the purpose of doing this anyway.

Old 07-16-2021, 02:11 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Watching football bores me, especially with so much of the time being spend as timeouts, but the NFL doing this doesn't get me triggered like it apparently does some people.
Time outs and penalties has a lot to do with ratings drop in the NFL.
In MLB less hitter contact, longer games bores some, and in the NBA less battling under the boards turns off some.
That being said the NHL is where it's at!!!

Old 07-16-2021, 02:21 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,419,042 times
I think it will only be fair if the song "SHORTIN BREAD" is also played before every game..

Old 07-16-2021, 02:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
So no national anthem for other groups? Welp, I guess you consider it your reparations?
Other groups have to come up with their own versions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Never paid a single penny for that. Plenty of free streaming sites out there.

Thanks Internet.
They make money off of streams too. SMH...it’s 2021 dude. Yeah, even in Hawaii.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
That's the thing. Is playing the Black National Anthem at a football game going to stop all the crimes, murders and violence that go on in America's cities on a daily basis?

I kind of doubt that it will. But I guess that is not the purpose of doing this anyway.
Does playing the National Anthem ever stop any of America’s ills? Does it stop whites from committing murders, other violence, rampant drug/opioid abuse, leading the nation in suicides, keeping the country out of dumb wars, etc?

Old 07-16-2021, 03:07 PM

9,091 posts, read 6,314,604 times
This doesn't change much for me. I stopped watching professional sports several years ago. It would be nice to see less money go towards this entertainment crap and go towards more worthwhile activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies