Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2021, 10:41 PM

24,625 posts, read 9,454,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If you don't want to get the vaccine then please wear a mask to protect the kids under 12 that can't get the vaccine yet.
Mask mandates have ended.

If you don’t want kids under 12 exposed to covid then keep them in the house.

Old 07-15-2021, 10:44 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Mask mandates have ended.

If you don’t want kids under 12 exposed to covid then keep them in the house.
They need to go to school. I think we should stop being so selfish and think about our kids.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:23 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The Tucker Carlson-Fox-GOP anti-vaccine campaign is worse than hate speech.
Hate speech generally doesn't kill.
The anti-vaccine rhetoric has and is killing people right now.
I know that's harsh, but it's true.
Good grief. Those who don’t want the vaccine had made their minds up long ago, for their own reasons. Utter nonsense to say it’s a guy on cable news that’s controlling people with some “campaign.”
The only “campaign” happening is the “get the Pfizer or Moderna” campaign.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:27 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,237,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
No it doesn't. Ever noticed how hospitals are always at "97% capacity" but never actually overflow? That's because hospitals can report that e.g. 97% of X ICU beds are occupied but the media leaves out that hospitals can and routinely do scale that up to 2X no problem. Thus "hospital capacity" is a nonsense political tool.

The only time hospitals were truly in danger of overrunning was the first wave in the NYC area when caseloads were an order of magnitude higher than they are now and when we had no idea how to treat it and thought ventilators were the key, etc.

The pandemic ended two months ago and most of us are going on without you.
There were other cities that got close to breaching capacity during their respective winter waves. El Paso comes to mind.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:57 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
The way I see it is it won't take all that long for Covid to kill the non-vaxxers. 2-3 years maybe.

As infectious as Delta is, Delta could mutate into something even more infectious and run influenza clear out of business.

Old 07-16-2021, 12:05 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post

If not vaccines, how do we end Covid?

Even if severe cases really are entirely among people with pre-existing conditions and the elderly, the virus still places too much of a strain on our healthcare system to simply let it go endemic. Since half the country won't accept a vaccine, what else do we do? Do we just stay locked down forever, as long as certain types of gatherings like churches aren't affected?
The anti-vaxxers choose to die so let them die. Once they're all dead and gone the nation of vaccinated people will have achieved herd immunity. It won't take forever so you don't need to worry about staying locked down forever. Like Banjo Mike said above, maybe another 2 or 3 years before all those who are susceptible have expired. It isn't half the country that won't accept vaccines, it's 33% of the population (98 million) who are refusing the vaccines. The country is over populated enough that it could do with a third of the nation being culled out anyway.

Old 07-16-2021, 12:07 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
I got my Modern Trumpccine back in March and April. Barring that I also eat anti-oxidant smoothies and take Magnesium, glycine, and NAC at least every other day or so. Magnesium and glycine are perhaps the two most important supplements a person could take barring some other condition that produces nutrient deficiencies.

Old 07-16-2021, 12:12 AM

24,625 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
They need to go to school. I think we should stop being so selfish and think about our kids.
Says the person telling others to wear a mask after the end of mask mandates? What happened to “my body my choice?”

Old 07-16-2021, 12:14 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Even if severe cases really are entirely among people with pre-existing conditions and the elderly, the virus still places too much of a strain on our healthcare system to simply let it go endemic. Since half the country won't accept a vaccine, what else do we do? Do we just stay locked down forever, as long as certain types of gatherings like churches aren't affected?
Have you forgotten that COVID is just a hoax perpetuated by the Democrats with the help of the Chinese? If you are really concerned, remember that our once and still rightful president advised the people of this nation to simply inoculate themselves with chlorine bleach. Bleach! It's not just for your outsides - it cures what ails you inside too!

Even if COVID was actually real, the disabled and the elderly should do what any true patriot would do - die without making a fuss so the economy won't be hurt and 18 year-olds can keep on partying packed shoulder to shoulder on Florida's beaches for spring break.

Quit listening to the Marxist, child sex traffickers who call themselves Democrats, and you'll feel much better.

Old 07-16-2021, 01:43 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
The only thing to do is have fake empathy in your social media posts about obligations to save people from themselves and groups under 12 to feel morally superior. It's like everyone is turning into new jerseyans with their illogical thoughts. People die. Life ends for everyone. Aside from the fear the television and Vox articles tells you to feel, if you actually look at the data (aka science as so many mentally challenged call it) you would see that the virus is quite treatable, survivable, and inpatient hospitalizations are not the norm. Additionally, multiple vaccines are readily available for anyone who wants them. If you feel the need, expect to keep yourself safe, it isn't an elected officials job to keep you safe. Make your own decisions in life and be accountable for yourself. I know, crazy to expect that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies