Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 06:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times

Advertisements

Commie China censored free speech
Nazi Germany censored free speech
USSR censored free speech
Facebook censors free speech
Twitter censors fee speech
Google censors free speech
Reddit censors free speech

Name one time in history, when the people banning books, censoring free speech and silencing opinions, were the GOOD GUYS?

Old 07-16-2021, 06:53 AM

25,839 posts, read 16,517,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Commie China censored free speech
Nazi Germany censored free speech
USSR censored free speech
Facebook censors free speech
Twitter censors fee speech
Google censors free speech
Reddit censors free speech

Name one time in history, when the people banning books, censoring free speech and silencing opinions, were the GOOD GUYS?
To today’s young generation they are definitely the good guys. They are being conditioned. Look at Reddit’s downvote/upvote system and they have nothing but leftist moderators.

They are in the enviable position of having nothing but young users and I’m sure that’s on purpose. We are in big trouble.

Old 07-16-2021, 06:56 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,585,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
To today’s young generation they are definitely the good guys. They are being conditioned. Look at Reddit’s downvote/upvote system and they have nothing but leftist moderators.

They are in the enviable position of having nothing but young users and I’m sure that’s on purpose. We are in big trouble.
Reddit is a very left of center audience fits the mods. And the political boards are VERY woke and especially VERY much for free health care and free tuition.

Oh and the world will end if they are forced to actually go back to work instead of work from home.

Old 07-16-2021, 06:57 AM

24,465 posts, read 17,207,356 times
You are so right BB. I just heard that the WH is tapping Facebook and others to make sure that "only the correct information on Covid" is posted on their platforms. Haven't we been told that FB and Twitter are private companies yet here they are signing on to become yet another propaganda arm of the Left. Next we will hear that they are being paid by the Dems.

When people lose their Free speech they lose options to form their own opinions but then again Russia, China, Nazi Germany saw Free Thinking as a danger to their power. The Left is not much different.

Old 07-16-2021, 06:59 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,697,247 times
It's interesting how censorship has been disguised as "protecting people from harmful information", so that the unintelligent victims of censorship actually believe it is a good thing.

Old 07-16-2021, 07:01 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,510,947 times
Right-Wingers Are Taking Over Library Boards to Remove Books on Racism

Old 07-16-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
You are so right BB. I just heard that the WH is tapping Facebook and others to make sure that "only the correct information on Covid" is posted on their platforms. Haven't we been told that FB and Twitter are private companies yet here they are signing on to become yet another propaganda arm of the Left. Next we will hear that they are being paid by the Dems.

When people lose their Free speech they lose options to form their own opinions but then again Russia, China, Nazi Germany saw Free Thinking as a danger to their power. The Left is not much different.
So, Big Tech is an extension of the Democrat party and doing the governments dirty work. When democrats gain power, Big Tech becomes an agency of government and Section 230 no longer protects them.

Old 07-16-2021, 07:07 AM

Re-inventing history - CRT

Old 07-16-2021, 07:07 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
^^^ As if CRT is about understanding history.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:47 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,585,284 times
Small problem. CRT is mostly not teaching history. I also have no problem with LOCALS removing confederate statues through legal and proper means. People in Boston are irrelevant to people in Atlanta wanting to get rid of a General Robert E Lee statue. That is up to the people of Atlanta.

You can teach that slavery, lynching and Jim crow are bad for several weeks a year in US history. I have no issue. Yet Brooks Co GA and Brooksville FL still exist because people are not bright enough to figure that out because statues are easier.

CRT as being presented is all that white privilege, white guilt, ACAB stuff.

see paragraph that starts "The three trained diversity hands"
https://counterweightsupport.com/202...rsity-training
White men caucus
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...eed-martin-crt

I owe no one apologies for something an ancestor did in 1750. I owe everyone the exact same thing: To treat them with respect until they prove to me they don't deserve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies