Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2021, 12:08 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
There have been more than 624,000 deaths in the U.S due to Covid. For it to have a 99.997% survival rate that would be 20.80 billion cases. So you either lied or can't do math....
He’s talking about the global rate, which is a 99.% survival rate.

We know liberals don’t care about anyone outside of America, but they will determine how long this “pandemic” will last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2021, 12:51 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion1O9 View Post
yet they all supported the mass corona virus shutdowns

covid was one of the worst things to happen in terms of widening the wealth disparity between the lower/middle class and upper class. You force tons of small businesses to basically be closed, meanwhile everybody is shopping at Walmart and Costco and amazon. Anybody with a ****ing brain could see this all coming from 10 miles away

so how do liberals justify how they supported mass shutdowns for something with a 99.997 survival rate that crippled large segments of the lower and middle class?

and now, houses and cars are insanely expensive because of covid shutdowns
If you will recall, the shutdowns and layoffs began under the Trump administration and absurdly enough, Trump considers himself to be a Republican.

But cheer up, with the emergence of the Delta variant, cases of the Coronavirus are beginning to rapidly climb upward again among the unvaccinated. Somehow I get a strong vibe that you are among the unvaccinated fools. If so, you have the chance to prove your patriotism and die for the sake of Trump and the Republican party. I'd feel sad for you, but after living through a pandemic with Republicans repudiating the science every step of the way and refusing repeatedly to do simple stuff like wear a mask or get a vaccine shot, my give a damn is busted.

Old 07-17-2021, 12:55 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
If you will recall, the shutdowns and layoffs began under the Trump administration and absurdly enough, Trump considers himself to be a Republican.

But cheer up, with the emergence of the Delta variant, cases of the Coronavirus are beginning to rapidly climb upward again among the unvaccinated. Somehow I get a strong vibe that you are among the unvaccinated fools. If so, you have the chance to prove your patriotism and die for the sake of Trump and the Republican party. I'd feel sad for you, but after living through a pandemic with Republicans repudiating the science every step of the way and refusing repeatedly to do simple stuff like wear a mask or get a vaccine shot, my give a damn is busted.

I'm assuming you do give a damn if vaccinated people die of the virus? Because apparently, it happens. Either way though, I don't think the vaccinated or unvaccinated people who die of covid give a damn if you give a damn. The vaccinated vs unvaccinated whining from the left is just another sorry, desperate attempt to politicize this virus and make yourselves feel superior. If that's what it takes to pull your sorry miserable selves through this global pandemic, so be it. The rest of us will continue living the best we can, with the time we have left on this earth, as we always have done.

Here's a suggestion... Change your name to Colorado Whiner. It suits you better.

Old 07-17-2021, 12:59 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
*SIGH*

The conservative whining and victimhood is breathtaking.
You are the Party of victimhood upon which your house is built.

Old 07-17-2021, 01:51 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I'm assuming you do give a damn if vaccinated people die of the virus? Because apparently, it happens. Either way though, I don't think the vaccinated or unvaccinated people who die of covid give a damn if you give a damn. The vaccinated vs unvaccinated whining from the left is just another sorry, desperate attempt to politicize this virus and make yourselves feel superior. If that's what it takes to pull your sorry miserable selves through this global pandemic, so be it. The rest of us will continue living the best we can, with the time we have left on this earth, as we always have done.

Here's a suggestion... Change your name to Colorado Whiner. It suits you better.
My, my. Aren't we in a sunny mood this evening? I must have hit a nerve somehow. 99% of the people who are now coming down with the Delta virus variant are unvaccinated. That's just a plain fact. Living the best we can in the time we have left is what most of us try to do, but it's a nice sentiment on your part, anyway.

Old 07-17-2021, 02:21 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman_Flexim View Post
The rich can afford it.
Idk, nations should always be prepared for such events. Not cater to their richest… *bleep* their feelings.

Wasn’t that the repub motto for a time?
'Fer sure, and don't wanna offend our 'Job Creators', now do we (...lol)? Always felt the most graphic 'proof' of that underlying 'Atitude' was the Wall Street Bailout, where even the former FED Chairman, and 'yuge' Free Marketer Alan Greenspan admitted before Congress that, "I have found a flaw in the system. I made a mistake in presuming that the self-interests of organizations, specifically banks and others, were such that they were best capable of protecting their own shareholders and their equity in the firms."

And just think about that for a moment... has there ever been a clearer or more graphic admission, by the folks who actually manage the money supply no less, that "the self-interests of organizations, specifically banks and others" were always assumed to be 'nobler', more 'trustworthy'... and somehow more 'entitled' than everyone else?

Last edited by mateo45; 07-17-2021 at 02:29 AM..

Old 07-17-2021, 08:33 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
I think liberal people in general do care. I think Liberal politicians, conservative politicians.. just politicians in general do not care about the low and middle class.

Its important that the non politicians realize this...

Old 07-17-2021, 08:41 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,219,394 times
People really need to learn to separate opinions and motives. If someone genuinely believes that that risk of death or lingering health effects of COVID on large numbers of people is the larger and more dangerous risk then the economic effect of restrictions on business, then supporting the lockdowns make sense. It does not mean that person "doesn't care about the lower and middle class" - it just means that your opinion differs on what is the bigger risk.

Similarly, liberals need to understand the same thing. If someone feels the risk of restrictions on business are the bigger risk due to the economic impact and the impact on mental health, it isn;t becausse that person is hoping essential workers will get sick and die.

One person's feared outcome from the approach someone supports does not mean that outcome is what the other person hopes to occur.

Old 07-17-2021, 08:43 AM

7,369 posts, read 3,533,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
*SIGH*

The conservative whining and victimhood is breathtaking.
Good, liberals provide a well thought out comment deflecting from their own destruction of society as usual. Liberals can't look in a mirror.

Old 07-17-2021, 11:59 AM

4,393 posts, read 1,701,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion1O9 View Post
yet they all supported the mass corona virus shutdowns

covid was one of the worst things to happen in terms of widening the wealth disparity between the lower/middle class and upper class. You force tons of small businesses to basically be closed, meanwhile everybody is shopping at Walmart and Costco and amazon. Anybody with a ****ing brain could see this all coming from 10 miles away

so how do liberals justify how they supported mass shutdowns for something with a 99.997 survival rate that crippled large segments of the lower and middle class?

and now, houses and cars are insanely expensive because of covid shutdowns
You talk as if us liberals are not part of the lower/middle class. Some things are more important than money... like not dying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies