Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2021, 03:30 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Statistics indicate that ICU’s are filling up with unvaccinated, not the vaccinated. Why is it such a large step to take a vaccine that is free.
no, anecdotes and limited samples indicate that some hospitals have more Covid patients than they did a month ago.

Statistics https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/COVIDNet/COVID19_3.html tell us that hospitalizations have not measurably grown, except for the > 65 crowd. again.

Question - based on our 7 day average - when is the last time we had this many cases?

Answer1 - May 6th.
Answer2 - Covid cases were higher than today's 7 day average every single day from Oct 8, 2020 through May 6, 2021.

4,023 posts, read 1,440,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
For those who are saying the media "cherry picked" his story, HE's the one in the public eye, who sought to use his microphone at this point to tell his audience he was wrong, and please don't make the same mistake he did, please get vaccinated.

It's not like the media went poking their nose into his hospital room.

His wife, and his brother, are taking to the airwaves spreading the information Phil Valentine wants to get out to the public - get vaxed!!

https://apnews.com/article/entertain...038d664a184079
They are cherry picking their stories. Where are the balancing stories about those who have had severe reactions to the vaccines or those who have been vaccinated that are deathly ill? You literally have to go to Fox News, YouTube, or other so called right leaning news sources. The msm has zero balance or true investigative reporting. The days of being able to get real journalism from the likes of cbs, nbc etc seem long gone.

8,377 posts, read 4,357,906 times
I think a lot of anti-vaxers are seeing the light. Science and truth always wins in the end.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:32 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,440,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Life is a gamble with you gamble with your life. Some things are unavoidable. Getting the vaccine takes one gamble off the list.
Not necessarily. New data is hinting at the notion that mass vaccination could be causing variants that will be more dangerous as well at the same time limiting our ability for natural immunity. I’m not saying the above is happening, but it is possible looking at some of the recent data. You literally have no more idea that you are safer in the long run being vaccinated than you would be if you aren’t. In the very very short term it seems like you might be (aka a few months) but not long term. We just don’t have the data yet.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:42 PM

30,135 posts, read 11,759,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Not necessarily. New data is hinting at the notion that mass vaccination could be causing variants that will be more dangerous as well at the same time limiting our ability for natural immunity.
This delta variant started in India in January when the vaccines were barely getting started. What you are repeating is just internet chatter. And the viral load of people vaccinated who get covid is very low. The idea that they are going to be the ones to create more variants seems very silly. Its unlikely they will even spread the virus to others. And the virus spreading from person to person is what causes variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I’m not saying the above is happening, but it is possible looking at some of the recent data. You literally have no more idea that you are safer in the long run being vaccinated than you would be if you aren’t. In the very very short term it seems like you might be (aka a few months) but not long term. We just don’t have the data yet.
We can see the data now. The people getting sick now in the hospital and those dying are almost all unvaccinated. I had covid in December. I know what that is like. If I can avoid that with this vaccine I am fine with that. And myself no issues with the vaccine.

And even if for younger people its a wash. Almost no problems with getting covid, almost no problems with getting the vaccine. Getting vaccinated with stop this pandemic in its tracks. That is the big picture.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:43 PM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yeah, if the person is single.

If they have a spouse or kids or both, IMO, it’s a selfish choice.
Again, to each their own. What a sad life it would be having to stay home wrapped in bubble wrap just because one has a family.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I think a lot of anti-vaxers are seeing the light. Science and truth always wins in the end.

Where I live its probably about 40% vaccinated. But I am seeing lots of people at Walmart waiting to get vaccinated now.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:45 PM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Life is a gamble with you gamble with your life. Some things are unavoidable. Getting the vaccine takes one gamble off the list.
Does it ? Seems like it could also be a gamble.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Again, to each their own. What a sad life it would be having to stay home wrapped in bubble wrap just because one has a family.

Having a family and thinking about them before you do risky behavior is the correct thing to do.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Does it ? Seems like it could also be a gamble.
If you ignore the conspiracy chatter its real clear that the bigger gamble is covid. Especially now that Delta is infecting a much younger age group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.