Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2021, 12:17 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Agreed...unfortunately a good number of unvaccinated are not masking up and following virus protocols...spreading the covid...

Same with the vaccinated. In fact they were TOLD to go unmasked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2021, 12:32 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Agreed...unfortunately a good number of unvaccinated are not masking up and following virus protocols...spreading the covid...
In all fairness, I think many are just afraid of the severe side effects.

I've been reading world news in the past two months or so, and it looks like France, Germany and Italy, among other countries, now advise only one dose of vaccine for people with a healthy immune system and a confirmed previous diagnosis. Many scientists who have studied immune responses to vaccination say such policies are a sensible way to make the most of limited supplies in countries that are racing to inoculate their populations.

I am not an expert, but I think maybe SOME people (if they are afraid) should just get one dose, skip the second one. Some protection is better than none. Mild side effects or no side effects will put a lot of minds at ease. Personally, I don't know anybody have had any side effects after their first dose.

Old 07-18-2021, 12:34 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Same with the vaccinated. In fact they were TOLD to go unmasked.

True...although less risk/viral load with the vaccinated, they also should be masked when necessary...things still in flux...mask mandate happening now...at least in LA county...pandemic not over by a longshot

Old 07-18-2021, 12:44 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Oh, and one other important point. I hear what you are saying about the anti vaxxers on this site, but in real life, the majority of anti vaxxers I personally have come across, don't seem like conservatives at all to me.
To be fair, almost nobody here who is deciding against getting this current inoculation is actually an "anti-vaxxer". That is just a deceitful smear perpetrated by the usual suspects towards those people they are trying to socially bully and coerce.

I for example, having traveled extensively, have received just about every travel related vaccine that there is, with the exception being the one of yellow fever. I have also received all of the standard childhood vaccines back in the day, and I have never regretted any of that. So I think I can safely say that I am a more vaccinated person than most of the people who would deceitfully call me an "anti-vaxxer".

Nevertheless, I have decided to not get this inoculation, for all of the obvious reasons, which I have explained here previously on numerous occasions. However, if anyone here would like for me to go through the reasons again, I will be happy to do so.

I presume when you refer to anti-vaxxers who "don't seem like conservatives" to you, you are referring to people who are actual anti-vaxxers and not people who have generally been very accepting of the various vaccines, with the exception of this inoculation, and maybe the annual flu shots.

Old 07-18-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
True...although less risk/viral load with the vaccinated, they also should be masked when necessary...things still in flux...mask mandate happening now...at least in LA county...pandemic not over by a longshot

Finally, we agree on something

Old 07-18-2021, 12:54 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Finally, we agree on something

I have no problem masking up when necessary and following health protocols (still in flux depending on area/outbreaks) as a vaccinated person...am fine with all doing it and erring on the side of caution to prevent needless hospitalization and death on the way to stamping out covid for good!

Old 07-18-2021, 01:00 PM

1,462 posts, read 659,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
To be fair, almost nobody here who is deciding against getting this current inoculation is actually an "anti-vaxxer". That is just a deceitful smear perpetrated by the usual suspects towards those people they are trying to socially bully and coerce.

I for example, having traveled extensively, have received just about every travel related vaccine that there is, with the exception being the one of yellow fever. I have also received all of the standard childhood vaccines back in the day, and I have never regretted any of that. So I think I can safely say that I am a more vaccinated person than most of the people who would deceitfully call me an "anti-vaxxer".

Nevertheless, I have decided to not get this inoculation, for all of the obvious reasons, which I have explained here previously on numerous occasions. However, if anyone here would like for me to go through the reasons again, I will be happy to do so.

I presume when you refer to anti-vaxxers who "don't seem like conservatives" to you, you are referring to people who are actual anti-vaxxers and not people who have generally been very accepting of the various vaccines, with the exception of this inoculation, and maybe the annual flu shots.
Not sure if you're referring to me as well. I will now use the term anti covid vaxers. Hopefully that term does not serve as a "trigger" to you and you do not feel bullied or socially coerced by the amended term. Let me know if that term is not acceptable. I would think that if you are heavily vaccinated you would at least get the astra zeneca or the J and J vaccine as they are developed and processed along the more traditional lines of vaccines you have previously gotten. But perhaps those aren't your primary reasons for not getting vaccinated. If it's because of medical reasons of course that's different.

To me, a deceitful smear would be more fittingly applied to Americans who are not vaccinated and are running around indoors not wearing a mask or social distancing. We can't tell if you've been vaccinated or not as it's based on an honor system. Just a fact, not social coercion.

Old 07-18-2021, 01:00 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
A few years ago, I read a book named His Brother's Keeper: A Story from the Edge of Medicine about stem cell and gene therapy.
It was written in 2004.

"From Jonathan Weiner, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of The Beak of the Finch, comes His Brother's Keeper -- the story of a young entrepreneur who gambles on the risky science of gene therapy to try to save his brother's life."

https://www.amazon.com/His-Brothers-.../dp/006001007X

http://www.jonathanweiner.com/keeper.html

https://www.harpercollins.com/produc...32116521926690

At that time, it was very controversial.

Research in stem cell and gene therapy is why they were able to develop these vaccines so quickly. They are not like older vaccines... but they're not experimental, either.

They've been researching and developing these areas of medicine for more than 20 years...

We should be grateful for progress in medical research and discovery. Think about how many lives have been saved already.

Last edited by World Citizen; 07-18-2021 at 01:10 PM..

Old 07-18-2021, 01:02 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekolee View Post
Just do some research on the vaccines, such as why did four presidents of foreign countries who opposed the vaccine suddenly die? The so-called "fact checkers" said this was a lie but the "fact checkers" are the liars. The people behind all this chaos and misinformation don't care about you or your "safety." This is about control and obeying
Which 4 presidents of which countries?

Old 07-18-2021, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post

That's why they were able to develop a vaccine so quickly. These vaccines are not like the old vaccines... but they're not experimental, either.

They've been researching and developing these areas of medicine for more than 20 years...

We should be grateful for progress.

Weird that in those 20 years none had ever passed trials.

Even weirder that they had a mRNA vaccine formulated for SARS/COV2 before the virus was even in the wild. All they had to do was go through the motions of a short trial and bingo... we got the cure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies