Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2021, 07:33 AM

1,525 posts, read 1,863,444 times

Advertisements

It is incredible to see the crazy high percent of thumbs ups in that original video. And I am surprised YouTube has not banned it yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2021, 07:40 AM

7,188 posts, read 4,776,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Am I the only one wondering why if this doctor is so credible, why did the person posting the video ONLY show this doctor's comments, with no discussion of his "findings"?
No, you aren’t.

Old 07-18-2021, 07:45 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,587,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Please, blank assertions is all you got.
The vast majority of health care professionals are strong supporters of the vaccine.

Or they aren't, which do you believe?

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...spital-workers

Old 07-18-2021, 07:51 AM

7,422 posts, read 3,567,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I believe in freedom of speech and a lively debate in the public square. There is a line however that shouldn't be crossed and that is where outright falsehoods endanger the public. Cigarette ads targeting minors are illegal as there is a clear public interest in prohibiting that. By the same token, anti-vax disinformation is even more damaging than cigarettes and should be removed where possible as well.
No you don't. You believe in selective speech which is not free speech.

Old 07-18-2021, 07:53 AM

17,826 posts, read 13,741,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
As a medical doctor, I can tell you with full confidence that 49 year olds have been dying unexpectedly since long before this vaccine existed.
I find it amusing that you side with these conservative anti vaxxer types on just about every other issue. But you side with the commie libs on COVID and the Vaccine. Pick a side son.

Old 07-18-2021, 07:58 AM

18,481 posts, read 15,279,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Or they aren't, which do you believe?

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...spital-workers
This part of your article doesn't surprise me.

Quote:
It revealed a spectrum of hesitancy among health care workers corresponding to income and education, ranging from a low of 9% among pharmacists to highs of 20%-23% among nursing aides and emergency medical technicians. About 12% of registered nurses and doctors admitted to being hesitant to get a shot.

AdventHealth Gordon in Calhoun, GA.
"Health care workers are not monolithic," says study author Jagdish Khubchandani, professor of public health sciences at New Mexico State University.

"There's a big divide between males, doctoral degree holders, older people, and the younger low-income, low-education frontline, female health care workers. They are the most hesitant," he says. Support staff typically outnumber doctors at hospitals about 3 to 1.
This statement from your article mirrors my hospital, where almost all doctors and nurses have been vaccinated. When I come across a worker who has not been vaccinated, it is usually someone in the janitorial services, or the techs, who tend to be far less educated.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I find it amusing that you side with these conservative anti vaxxer types on just about every other issue. But you side with the commie libs on COVID and the Vaccine. Pick a side son.
First of all, medicine is my life. I will never betray it over politics.

But that aside, your statement is not really accurate. I side with the "commie libs" on many social issues. I believe in abortion, prior to the 3rd trimester, preferably in the first. I was for gay marriage back when Obama was still against it. I believe marijuana should be legal and taxed. I believe prostitution should be legal and regulated.

I'm definitely not a libertarian, but I am more like one than a dyed in the wool republican. I believe the government should leave people alone, whether it be in their bedrooms or their businesses.

Oh, and I believe in being tough on crime. All crime, including being in the country illegally.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:15 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,234,323 times
So does this mean the New World Order, Chinese Government, whoever is behind this mass culling of the population only wants the Anti-Vaxers, Anti-Maskers alive in the world? The new regime wants people who they can't control and will fight with every ounce of their strength? That really doesn't make any sense.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:18 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,587,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It's prsctical analysis.

Most of us call a quack a quack. We're not wearing tinfoil hats.

Or looking at any meaningful data. Go ahead and trust the media and your government. They have proven themselves trustworthy LOL.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Oh, and one other important point. I hear what you are saying about the anti vaxxers on this site, but in real life, the majority of anti vaxxers I personally have come across, don't seem like conservatives at all to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies