Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 07:59 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,330,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Was a gang related incident in all likelihood that by chance just was outside the park. I’m sure the media will end up having to bury it when it’s 5 black guys with illegal guns
Street gangs and Democrat politicians A "natural partnership" if ever there was one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2021, 08:01 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,655,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
What I don't get is. DC I believe had very strict gun control. Yet look at last night. Perhaps we can back off the gun control nonsense.
DC butts right up against MD and VA. NATS stadium is approximately 2 miles from the Maryland state line and 5 miles from the Virginia line. Both states have access to guns.

I've posted about it here before, but in 2013 I was involved in a workplace shooting in DC where 12 people were killed. The shooter, who was mentally ill/schizophrenic but apparently there were no "flags" drove to Lorton, VA two days before the shooting and bought some sort of rifle there. Took it home and modified it and used it to commit the shootings. DC's laws don't matter when they border so closely to different states with different gun laws. It's not like if it were Texas and they had the same type of laws and you lived in the center of Texas. It would take a pretty long drive for you to get to the next state to purchase a gun. If you live in southeast DC, you can actually walk into Maryland.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:01 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Still waiting. Surely, if a black thug shot a black person it would be all over the news and protestors would be demanding justice for black people.

See my point? Black-on-black crime has become acceptable and expectable, kind of like wallpaper. It should have been the main story in this case, not the over-reaction by a bunch of white visitors to the ghetto.
ChristineVA just posted that it was front page news there.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:03 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,837,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Still waiting. Surely, if a black thug shot a black person it would be all over the news and protestors would be demanding justice for black people.

See my point? Black-on-black crime has become acceptable and expectable, kind of like wallpaper. It should have been the main story in this case, not the over-reaction by a bunch of white visitors to the ghetto.
I was shaving, back now. Your point was, it must not have been a cop shooting a thug or we would have heard about it, my point was - it was not a cop shooting a thug and we still heard about it. Does that clear things up for you? It’s on the front page of both Fox and CNN, they’re focusing on the shooting, you’re focusing on race.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
DC butts right up against MD and VA. NATS stadium is approximately 2 miles from the Maryland state line and 5 miles from the Virginia line. Both states have access to guns.

I've posted about it here before, but in 2013 I was involved in a workplace shooting in DC where 12 people were killed. The shooter, who was mentally ill/schizophrenic but apparently there were no "flags" drove to Lorton, VA two days before the shooting and bought some sort of rifle there. Took it home and modified it and used it to commit the shootings. DC's laws don't matter when they border so closely to different states with different gun laws. It's not like if it were Texas and they had the same type of laws and you lived in the center of Texas. It would take a pretty long drive for you to get to the next state to purchase a gun. If you live in southeast DC, you can actually walk into Maryland.
Glad you were okay.

In addition to this, people always bring up strict gun control laws, as if people who would murder another person would refrain from purchasing or using a gun because of the law. WHAT the H are they thinking?

Old 07-18-2021, 08:04 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,655,576 times
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...park-gunshots/

Many of you might hit a paywall, but this story is currently on the front page of the online edition.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:07 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Glad you were okay.

In addition to this, people always bring up strict gun control laws, as if people who would murder another person would refrain from purchasing or using a gun because of the law. WHAT the H are they thinking?
If there were strict gun laws, that were enforced, he wouldn't have been able to buy the gun is the thought process.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
If there were strict gun laws, that were enforced, he wouldn't have been able to buy the gun is the thought process.
There will always be a black market and criminals will still get their hands on guns.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:15 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Incident occurred outside the stadium. Two vehicles were involved in a shootout outside the stadium. One of the vehicles has been recovered and it’s occupants among the injured.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:17 AM

8,753 posts, read 5,048,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Only decent law abiding people obey the law. These thugs, and yes, they are mostly black democrats, will never go by the law. They will always have guns, and shoot the law abiding people that don`t. Where do you think the thugs get the guns that kill children in Chicago every day. Do they have a license to carry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies