Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 02:15 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,239,454 times

Advertisements

Not much honestly. I think Biden is a highly effective president. MUCH better than bama. If he gets even the smallest infrastructure deal onbthe table, he is on track to do more legislatively in 1 year than Obama did in 8. He's not trying to cut deals with Republicans to end social security for anyone under 50.. GOD I am still livid at Obama about that.

If I'd have known Biden would be this good I'd have supported him from the start, which I did not.

I've even been surprised at his avoidance of gaffes. Not sure if this is him or his staff, but either way I don't care.

Probably the border / immigration is his biggest liability in my view. I would like some liberal leader to put out a liberal vision for immigration, the border, migration, asylum, etc... No one has yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 03:15 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
After nearly six months in office, FiveThirtyEight's polling average has Biden's overall approval rating at 52.4%, with 42.5% disapproving of his performance, reflective of his relatively stable numbers over the past few months.

However, when it comes to Biden's handling of the coronavirus, the FiveThirtyEight polling average has Biden at 60.3% approval, with 31.6% disapproving. Trump after his first six months in office held an 39% approval rating, with 55% disapproving, making him the most unpopular president at the 6-month mark, according to FiveThirtyEight.

Biden has consistently had higher numbers for his handling of COVID-19 relative to his overall approval rating, even among Independents and Republicans.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
Biden's approval rating versus Trump's approval rating is your go-to argument? You might as well play the "Would You Rather" game.

For various reasons, Trump was doomed to low approval ratings. He was a narcissistic jackass who was hammered with innuendo and downright false reporting by the media. So far, Biden has been treated with kid gloves by the media - and it isn't because he is doing anything that is actually good for the country. If the media were to spend as much time telling people what they should be angry at Biden about as they did with Trump, he would have similar approval ratings (which, in themselves, are nothing more than a opinion poll).

Old 07-19-2021, 03:17 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Not much honestly. I think Biden is a highly effective president. MUCH better than bama. If he gets even the smallest infrastructure deal onbthe table, he is on track to do more legislatively in 1 year than Obama did in 8. He's not trying to cut deals with Republicans to end social security for anyone under 50.. GOD I am still livid at Obama about that.

If I'd have known Biden would be this good I'd have supported him from the start, which I did not.

I've even been surprised at his avoidance of gaffes. Not sure if this is him or his staff, but either way I don't care.

Probably the border / immigration is his biggest liability in my view. I would like some liberal leader to put out a liberal vision for immigration, the border, migration, asylum, etc... No one has yet.
Sure they have. Do you really need to have them come out and state that they are for open borders? It's evident to anyone that is capable of paying attention.

Old 07-19-2021, 03:26 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I'm not sure I count for your purposes. I held my nose and voted for Biden but apart from that I am not a supporter. Among the things I disagree with him and his administration include:

1. Failure to address the crisis on the Southern border
2. Forgiveness of student loans (so far not successful, but I disagree with the proposal)
3. Mishandling of the infrastructure bill/compromise

We knew before the Election if Biden got in these would be problematic issues.

Old 07-19-2021, 03:48 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
After nearly six months in office, FiveThirtyEight's polling average has Biden's overall approval rating at 52.4%, with 42.5% disapproving of his performance, reflective of his relatively stable numbers over the past few months.
When I first skimmed this, I caught the underlined word as "numbness" and wondered why, while accurate, it would reflect in a positive rating. Then I figured out my mistake. You were falling for push polls.

Old 07-19-2021, 03:51 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenZBoyo1997 View Post
I am glad that he repealed the ban on transgenders in the military.

The ban was really dumb and rude to do
Are you familiar with the reasons for it? The actual ones; not the ones you'll hear if you ask your friends on social media sites?

"The ban was really dumb and rude to do"

Gen Z, alright. Sigh.

Parents - GET YOUR CHILDREN OUT OF THE PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM. TODAY. That's all I can say about that.

Old 07-19-2021, 04:13 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,239,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Sure they have. Do you really need to have them come out and state that they are for open borders? It's evident to anyone that is capable of paying attention.
I don't know what open borders means. Do mean visa free travel? That we turn North America into something like the EU? If so, I actually do want that spelled out.

I would also like to know what conservatives want to do with these migrants.

Because short of announcing to the world we are going to execute unauthorized migrants, I don't know what would stop them.

Old 07-19-2021, 04:19 PM

39 posts, read 16,405 times
He needs to end the filibuster immediately. The fantasy that anything substantial can be passed by collaborating with republicans is insane. He is wasting valuable time negotiating with those determined to see him fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies