Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2021, 10:22 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Black people are not biologically more violent. This was the made up excuse to have them as slaves.
That is NUTS.

There was no "excuse" to have them as slaves. Their fellow black Africans captured them and sold them. Neither the sellers nor the buyers used any "excuses".

And no one said they were biologically more violent. Other races can be just as violent when engaging in warfare. But crime is done within the society, and, yes, the differences in crime rates among the races is predominantly biological.

Old 07-18-2021, 10:26 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I’d rather just not get along with you.
There ya go, the root of the problem, you answered the thread question..

Old 07-18-2021, 10:26 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
If 'science' is telling someone any 'race' is genetically inferior to any other, they are reading it wrongly.

Asians out perform whites due to culture, not biological advantages.
Genes and culture produce a feedback loop. Genes influence the culture, and culture influences the genes.

And if you are using the terms "inferior" and "superior", you really have no idea how science works. Individuals and races DIFFER from one another. They are not objectively inferior or superior. Their differences make them suited for different circumstances/environments.

Old 07-18-2021, 10:27 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
There ya go, the root of the problem, you answered the thread question..
Wow.

Old 07-18-2021, 10:36 PM

305 posts, read 212,799 times
Quote:
If 'science' is telling someone any 'race' is genetically inferior to any other, they are reading it wrongly.

Asians out perform whites due to culture, not biological advantages.
It’s not controversial that both genes and environments fill out the picture with group differences.

Old 07-18-2021, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boddicker View Post
It’s not controversial that both genes and environments fill out the picture with group differences.
It's straight up wrong to think that blacks are less evolved, or inherently more prone to violence. How violent was it to enslave them? Come on.

What sort of SOCIOPATH can hold another person that way and beat them and all the things required to make them do what you tell them?

White people who commit horrible financial crimes against people, that is a sort of violence.

I could go on, but I won't. People who don't WANT to understand never will.

Old 07-18-2021, 10:47 PM

305 posts, read 212,799 times
Quote:
It's straight up wrong to think that blacks are less evolved, or inherently more prone to violence. How violent was it to enslave them? Come on.

What sort of SOCIOPATH can hold another person that way and beat them and all the things required to make them do what you tell them?

White people who commit horrible financial crimes against people, that is a sort of violence.

I could go on, but I won't. People who don't WANT to understand never will.
Your emotionalism is a good sign that probably suggests you don’t know much about the history of slavery perpetrated by Nonwhites, where some of it is still happening today.

I’m sensing anti white myopia from your post I’ve quoted.

Old 07-18-2021, 10:48 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Genes and culture produce a feedback loop. Genes influence the culture, and culture influences the genes.

And if you are using the terms "inferior" and "superior", you really have no idea how science works. Individuals and races DIFFER from one another. They are not objectively inferior or superior. Their differences make them suited for different circumstances/environments.
Well said.

Old 07-18-2021, 10:58 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
It's straight up wrong to think that blacks are less evolved
Yes, because it's silly to consider evolution in terms of "less" or "more". As the previous poster told you, the word we want is "differently". Blacks and non-blacks are somewhat differently evolved due differing selective pressures over the past 50,000 years since the "out-of-Africa" migrations.

Old 07-18-2021, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boddicker View Post
Your emotionalism is a good sign that probably suggests you don’t know much about the history of slavery perpetrated by Nonwhites, where some of it is still happening today.

I’m sensing anti white myopia from your post I’ve quoted.
LOL I can be emo at the same time as well read. anti white, no way jose. I didn't choose the complexion I have either. It doesn't define me as a person at all in a good way or a bad way. You're just taking potshots, I am not a liberal white on a fake guilt trip. I have neighbors and friends and co-workers who are black, they are actual people to me, not chess pieces.

My bf is black but we don't talk about it. He isn't into politics, racial identity any of that. He is a go with the flow type of person. We met we liked each other, me being white was different but not a big thing. This is the ideal end goal to me.

Just take people how they are having nothing to do with their skintone. It really is that simple.

It isn't with the black activist friend, but that is ok too, to me. I think it's important to engage when appropriate.

I like to learn. I like to share with him some of the things about white people he believes are not true and on many occasions he just asks why this and why that, sometimes I know the answer, sometimes I don't.

I can't answer him why white people are racist. I don't and never have entertained the thoughts of racist people. It's never been a legitimate POV I wanted to know more about.

He at first did not believe me. Come on, he said, you heard people say this and that and I said the truth, that I do not and if I do one time, that person is sharply corrected. They may hold whatever views they want but what no one has ever been allowed to do is blather on about it anywhere within my earshot.

The closest I came to racism was the 'but why, WHY are they the only minority that can't get their **** together, on a broad scale, panning away from the individuals around me who have their **** together.

And now I know. Or feel that I do, it's very complicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies