Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 11:10 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,719,020 times

Advertisements

The entire planet needs to pick a lane:
  • The vaccines work awesome and virtually no severe cases will occur in vaccinated populations. Maybe there will be a one-in-a-billion instance, but the risk to the vaccinated is non-existent for all intents and purposes.
  • The vaccines are practically useless and won't protect anyone from anything. The Delta and other variants are still extremely likely to kill you or ruin your health forever even if you're vaccinated.

So which one is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 11:17 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,257,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
There must be children there and people who cannot be vaccinated.
You’re missing the point. The virus is going to spread regardless of how many are vaccinated. Because of that we should 1) stop asking those who don’t want the vaccine to get it anyway, and 2) figure out how we’re going to live with Covid, because we can’t keep doing shutdowns and people won’t put up with it forever even if we tried.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:36 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,257,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Yep.

"Why would I care about that piece of data, when I have lots of options: I can pretend the new data doesn't exist, I can pretend not to understand why the new data is important, I can acknowledge the new data but revise (i.e., lie about) my original position so it looks like the new data isn't proving my original position wrong, I can call you names, and many more! I'm just adapting and living my life. Why are you so mad?"
Post of the month!!!

Old 07-19-2021, 11:51 AM

23,310 posts, read 12,383,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It is my understanding no vaccine prevents transmission.
No one, including that poster, is saying that so why do those on the left keep bringing it up?
Quote:
Most people don’t self quarantine when they have a cold, let alone those living in the same household. The common cold rarely requires a visit to a MD, let alone hospitalization or death.

Right now, 20% of Covid cases in the US are in Florida and mostly among the unvaccinated. What percentage of infected people and their households self quarantining?

The Delta variant is now the most dominate strain. While “ break- thru cases are happening, it remains relatively rare, for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The US would be a global hot spot for Polio if the masses had avoided vaccinating.
Polio seems to have been around before humans and it hadn't caused extinction of the human race. Yes it was in an outbreak that had caused pain, suffering and death, and the vaccine did stamp it out in this country and some others...unlike, as you had stated, the covid vaccine will do.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:55 AM

23,310 posts, read 12,383,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Looks that way. Then blame those who are not vaccinated for this (even though they would do it anyway) so have a scapegoat and keep the us vs. them divide rolling.
Exactly!
Which is why the vaccine cheerleaders are working so hard to deflect from the topic, of Gibraltar having so many vaccinated yet they're wanting to go back to lockdowns over something that is said to be about a serious as the common cold for those who are vaccinated.

Old 07-19-2021, 12:14 PM

30,070 posts, read 11,674,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
requiring masks indoors is still a significant mask mandate.

I agree. In Oklahoma there was never an outdoor mask mandate anywhere as far as I remember.

Old 07-19-2021, 12:21 PM

15,765 posts, read 6,479,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Everyone in Gibraltar is vaccinated. Gibraltar is now talking lockdowns. Seems that you must be missing something? Why go through lockdowns if those who are vaccinated get the virus and have symptoms that are basically no worse than the common cold?
I can only speculate that they are doing it out of an overabundance of caution. They are asking those who are sick to self-isolate -- which you should do with the flu. They are still wearing masks in certain places... perhaps because of tourism? Dunno. Their country; their rules. I have no problem with people wearing masks for health reasons. It's not overly burdensome.

Old 07-19-2021, 12:27 PM

3,995 posts, read 6,559,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
As we have more and more illegals coming here bringing in covid.. herd immunity is impossible. We may have to live with this thing forever .
I love how the "illegals" are the scape goats for everything that is supposedly wrong with this country.

You do realize that Covid doesn't attach itself to illegals only right?

And save the comments about me being for "illegals". I am not, but thankfully have been blessed with enough brains and common senses to know A) how a virus is spread and B) that this country has bigger problems than those that exist at the border.

Old 07-19-2021, 12:39 PM

30,070 posts, read 11,674,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The entire planet needs to pick a lane:
  • The vaccines work awesome and virtually no severe cases will occur in vaccinated populations. Maybe there will be a one-in-a-billion instance, but the risk to the vaccinated is non-existent for all intents and purposes.
  • The vaccines are practically useless and won't protect anyone from anything. The Delta and other variants are still extremely likely to kill you or ruin your health forever even if you're vaccinated.

So which one is it?

No one has to pick a lane. The extremes are almost always wrong which you all on the extremes do not seem to ever get.

Old 07-19-2021, 01:47 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,546,751 times
Quote:
So even a fully vaccinated population who wears masks whenever they leave their homes can still get and spread covid.
As pointed out by others, you're wrong here. Gibraltar hasn't had an outdoor mask mandate since back in March, why are you saying they wear masks whenever they leave their homes?

Quote:
I hope this ends the unrealistic expectation that everyone must get the vaccine, including low risk children to protect others.
Hah what a leap of logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies