Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 02:03 PM

30,141 posts, read 11,770,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Protesting is fine, but we had over a riot a day in 2020, to "protest" Floyd. No businesses would have burned down if all those people did was "protest." So stop trying to make like that's all that happened.

I am 100% against the BLM riots. But what does that have to do with this Trump rioter getting sent to prison? I agree that not enough of the BLM rioters got justice. And the handling of the riots was poorly done. Just the at the Trump riots. But what bring up the BLM riots here> I don't get it.

Old 07-20-2021, 02:16 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,697,247 times
So he obstructed official proceedings, but the election workers who prevented official election observers from doing their job did not?

Old 07-20-2021, 03:18 PM

11,769 posts, read 5,783,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Why the deflection? Do you support this convicted felon? What happened to law and order?

But lets answer your diversion. Ashli Babbitt killed Ashli Babbitt. If she stayed home or outside of the peoples house she would be alive today. Who made that decision? And if she broke into my house in my state she would suffer the same fate as in the capital building, the peoples house. Seems fair.
If that's how you view it - then George Floyd killed George Floyd - had he not tried to pass a fake $20 bill and ingested Fentynol - than he wouldn't have ever met Chauvin. Again - the left see things differently when it's their own.

Old 07-20-2021, 03:21 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,820,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
So he obstructed official proceedings, but the election workers who prevented official election observers from doing their job did not?
Textbook strawman. Congrats!

Old 07-20-2021, 04:27 PM

23,494 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
OK, I'll bite. If any or all of that happened then yes, absolutely they should be accountable.

Feel free to prove me wrong, but I don't believe anyone in this forum or any other notable Democrat has ever condoned violence, looting, or damaging property. On the contrary, everyone I know agrees that anyone engaged in that behavior should all be locked up.
Humor? Obviously you are joking.

Quote:
BLM *used* to be all about peaceful protests. I know this for a fact, because members of my family have attended multiple peaceful BLM rallies. There were hundreds of them across the country and only a small number of them turned into riots. I believe most of the rioters are just opportunists using BLM protests as cover. BLM is basically anyone who shows up at their rally.
The founders of blm, who are also the drivers behind the movement, say the complete opposite of your opinion.

Quote:
You guys like to point to John Sullivan as being BLM, but he was simply inciting violence at BLM rallies exactly the same way he did it on Jan 6. Just an outside agitator. I consider it a grave failure of law enforcement that were not able to arrest more of these infiltrators and rioters.

So your outrage is misplaced. There is no hypocrisy here. Lock up all the rioters. Personally if I were a shop owner in a city plagued by riots, I'd be sitting in my store with a shot gun. I don't care who they are out there. My shop will be the last one they ever rob.
Sullivan had considered himself blm antifa, even his own brother, who knows him far more than you do, claims he is or was blm antifa. Even the leader of one of the antifa cells stated that Sullivan is/was antifa.

Old 07-20-2021, 04:45 PM

If what he'd done warranted being charged and found guilty of "obstructing an official proceeding" and the normal sentence is 8 months, then so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I can't believe how blinded the left is to what's going on around them. To say no D politician or person on this board has ever condoned violence is an untruth and the poster should keep up with the threads here and the news. Those who ACTUALLY broke into the Capital should be charged - but those let in by authorities should not unless they did damage. The same should be said for each and every rioter that damaged property, stole or injured a person during any of these riots - but we see the left bailing them out and lib DA dropping charges.

The building is just that a building a representation of Democracy just as the flag is and yet libs think it's fine to burn the flag.
And don't give me what ifs - we've heard it from both sides so you can't sit here and use that against conservatives here when these threads are full of what if from Democrats.
Exactly!

Old 07-20-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Hang Mike Pence is a threat to kill. The gallows was setup.
Pence is only one foot tall and weighs as nothing and wouldn't squirm when being hung?
That "gallows" wouldn't hold up your favorite Betsy Wetsy doll.

Old 07-20-2021, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Humor? Obviously you are joking.

The founders of blm, who are also the drivers behind the movement, say the complete opposite of your opinion.

Sullivan had considered himself blm antifa, even his own brother, who knows him far more than you do, claims he is or was blm antifa. Even the leader of one of the antifa cells stated that Sullivan is/was antifa.
Sorry, not playing your game any more. Your posts without links are trivially ignored.

Old 07-20-2021, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Sorry, not playing your game any more. Your posts without links are trivially ignored.
Lol, you're uncomfortable in playing your own game because you know I'm right, all while you pretend ignorance about what I said in that post.

Old 07-20-2021, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Lol, you're uncomfortable in playing your own game because you know I'm right, all while you pretend ignorance about what I said in that post.
Nope. You simply never post anything factual, you just make it up as you go. That's why you don't post links.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies