Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 03:59 PM

10,397 posts, read 3,984,323 times

Advertisements

Been seeing old video of Biden being blatantly clear that he was not going to end the war on drugs and is against Marijuana, so how did he still end up winning the primary against true progressives like Sanders or Yang?????I thought democrats were all for legalizing marijuana, so why put this old fart into the primaries????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 04:27 PM

39 posts, read 16,273 times
Really? You think that pot is the primary issue most democrats are concerned with? I did not vote for Biden in the primary election but am very happy with him now (surprisingly so). Most of the others were either too far to the Left or performed poorly during debates. Never “felt the Bern” and found fault with most of the other candidates who spoke to the extreme progressives only. And although I support legalization of pot, it’s not even an issue I would think about when choosing a president. Doubt there are many voters who would prioritize it.

Old 07-19-2021, 04:47 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Because he’s an old white middle of the road name brand and former Veep establishment corporate Democrat. That’s how.

I voted for the most liberal guy in the primary…Andy Yang, although I could’ve just as easily voted for Bernie. Maybe I just wanted to vote for an Asian American…I don’t know. But I knew all along that Biden was gonna be the victor.

I’m not enthusiastic about Biden at all, and I don’t care about what he does. I’m checking out until 2024. I just wanted Trump gone. Mission Accomplished. Everything after that is just icing on the cake.

Old 07-19-2021, 04:47 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,421,476 times
Democrats, Why Did You Vote For Biden In The Primaries?

I did not vote for Joe in the primary in my state. I was happy with him as the candidate though.

Old 07-19-2021, 04:53 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,849,164 times
Joe won because he was the best candidate to win in the swing states.

Last edited by whogo; 07-19-2021 at 05:15 PM..

Old 07-19-2021, 05:07 PM

23,838 posts, read 14,963,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Because he’s an old white middle of the road name brand and former Veep establishment corporate Democrat. That’s how.

I voted for the most liberal guy in the primary…Andy Yang, although I could’ve just as easily voted for Bernie. Maybe I just wanted to vote for an Asian American…I don’t know. But I knew all along that Biden was gonna be the victor.

I’m not enthusiastic about Biden at all, and I don’t care about what he does. I’m checking out until 2024. I just wanted Trump gone. Mission Accomplished. Everything after that is just icing on the cake.
Don't forget Bidens' gift to America, Clarence Thomas. He was the committee head that did not call the other 2 women who were waiting in a DC hotel to be called after Anita Hill..

Old 07-19-2021, 05:38 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Don't forget Bidens' gift to America, Clarence Thomas. He was the committee head that did not call the other 2 women who were waiting in a DC hotel to be called after Anita Hill..
Yeah…I really hate these corporate Democrats. If Trump wasn’t such a lunatic, I could’ve sat the election out easily instead of voting for Biden. Obviously I couldn’t actually vote FOR Trump because I can’t put my name to a ballot voting for a Republican Presidency. No way. But I could’ve sat it out with a clear conscience if Trump was a stable human being and just voted for the Democrats in the other elections.

But Trump is an anathema to me as a human being. He had no political philosophy so I didn’t care about his policies since he had none. America First is jingoism….not a political philosophy.

Old 07-19-2021, 05:51 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,913,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Been seeing old video of Biden being blatantly clear that he was not going to end the war on drugs and is against Marijuana, so how did he still end up winning the primary against true progressives like Sanders or Yang?????I thought democrats were all for legalizing marijuana, so why put this old fart into the primaries????
I'm in favor of legalizing marijuana, but it's hardly the number 1 issue on my list. It's not number 2 through 10 either. I voted for Pete Buttigieg because he's young and energetic (I'm weary of old, old white men on BOTH sides); he's scary intelligent; he's a moderate, and most importantly, he served our country in Iraq.

Had the Dems given Buttigieg the nomination, he'd have made mincemeat of cadet Bonespurs and he would have gotten even more votes than Biden did.

Old 07-19-2021, 05:55 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,206,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post

The 2020 election is about erasing the mistake of Trump and reinstalling the Obama administration.

Biden won because he is the closest thing to one of the best presidents ever. If Michelle had run she'd be president right now.

This is why none of the lies about Biden ever stuck - the election wasn't about him. The right-wingers never understood this key fact and kept attacking the wrong person (and I don't mean Hunter). They should have attacked Obama in 2020. They never did and they lost.

Old 07-19-2021, 06:11 PM

23,838 posts, read 14,963,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah…I really hate these corporate Democrats. If Trump wasn’t such a lunatic, I could’ve sat the election out easily instead of voting for Biden. Obviously I couldn’t actually vote FOR Trump because I can’t put my name to a ballot voting for a Republican Presidency. No way. But I could’ve sat it out with a clear conscience if Trump was a stable human being and just voted for the Democrats in the other elections.

But Trump is an anathema to me as a human being. He had no political philosophy so I didn’t care about his policies since he had none. America First is jingoism….not a political philosophy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies