Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 08:43 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,581,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Mack View Post
You are conflating the second part of your post with the first part.

"Just because of your birth doesn't mean you have an allegiance or affinity for your country or your heritage"?

Sounds like a one-size fits all. And you decide when someine has the proper respect for heritage?

Ah, so right-wingers can be antisemitic, Bernie can be antisemitic, Norman Finkelstein can be antisemitic, and even Ben and Jerry, too?

Wow. Who woulda thunk it?

Problem is, there are a boatload of rabbis who are siding with the likes of Finkelstein, Ben and Jerry, etc, etc, so this is far more complex than the typical knee-jerk reaction of just saying it all amounts to "antisemitusm" and just that.
Nice try, but the fact remains that just because you're born into a religion or country doesn't mean you'll be loyal to it.
It isn't up to me to decide if they have a love and respect for their heritage or ethnicity. I'm not Jewish, so aside from the fact the far left is doing everything it can to hurt an ally of the Uniterd States and what is basically the only democracy in that area, and supporting an active terrorist group to do so, and in the case of Ben and Jerry, a terrorist group that would have no hesitation to kill them by any means, no matter how horrible, so I'll take the word of the current and former Prime Ministers of Israel over any self hating liberal ice cream makers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 08:46 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,045,228 times
Why is this news in the US

Old 07-19-2021, 08:46 PM

608 posts, read 239,508 times
...am I the strange one for thinking that 2 groups of people who are firing mortars at eachother might not care about...ice cream?

Old 07-19-2021, 08:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Everyone involved is Jewish….so i figure that this is definitely none of my business.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:51 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times
Quote:
Oh, I got it.

If you aren't labeled one thing, then you are a right-winger rabbi or a self-hating left-winger.

Childish name-calling.

Soon some will say they are racists or something like that.

im 65 and my memory goes back to about the john birch society....the far right has used name calling and insults virtually my entire life...

the right is very good at mind reading and telling others what they believe as well just amazing they are

Old 07-19-2021, 08:53 PM

48 posts, read 26,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Nice try, but the fact remains that just because you're born into a religion or country doesn't mean you'll be loyal to it.
It isn't up to me to decide if they have a love and respect for their heritage or ethnicity. I'm not Jewish, so aside from the fact the far left is doing everything it can to hurt an ally of the Uniterd States and what is basically the only democracy in that area, and supporting an active terrorist group to do so, and in the case of Ben and Jerry, a terrorist group that would have no hesitation to kill them by any means, no matter how horrible, so I'll take the word of the current and former Prime Ministers of Israel over any self hating liberal ice cream makers.
Why must they be loyal to a religion?

Please, give me some specifics of heritage you think Ben and Jerry aren't loyal to.

Where did Ben & Jerry say they support terrorist groups? Why can't they support neither side?

And to sum it all up, your post here is especially grounded in group-think.

Last edited by Ray Mack; 07-19-2021 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: Spelling error

Old 07-19-2021, 08:58 PM

48 posts, read 26,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Why is this news in the US
I guess no corporation is allowed to stop engaging in business there.

But if businesses were strong-armed like this anywhere else, it would be called totalitarian, authortarian, or whatever.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:02 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Looking at this from a capitalistic angle, I would respond by saying don't like it, don't buy it, as they don't have monopolistic powers and can't effectively curb anyone's freedom of speech as some media platforms can.

But I can understand how many on Twitter and elsewhere are calling them hypocrites for selling in other areas that have bad human rights records.

What I can't see is how anyone (and many are) can call this anti-semitic, especially when Ben and Jerry are two Jewish dudes
Ben and Jerry's is owned by Unilever, since 2000.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:15 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,344,280 times
Let’s face it, ice cream isn’t that good for you, and you are better off if you can limit it from your diet.

With that said, this is just an escalation of the message that corporations have been sending us for years.

That message is do what we say or we will punish you. The exact same message we received when we voted for Trump.

So it’s just a matter of time until corporations in the US start punishing us all for not voting for a Democrat or a RINO.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:17 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,581,124 times
Quote:
Why must they be loyal to a religion?

Please, give me some specifics of heritage you think Ben and Jerry aren't loyal to.

Where did Ben & Jerry say they support terrorist groups? Why can't they support neither side?

And to sum it all up, your post here is especially grounded in group-think.
You stated they are Jewish, a people with a very ancient heritage and history. The Jewish people have suffered the loss of their homeland time and again, been enslaved, persecuted, tortured, and slaughtered. Through it all they've maintained their beliefs and their culture no matter how hard people have tried to eradicate it.
Taking back their homeland from the British in 1948, they've survived and overcome every attempt by the palistinians to "push them into the sea". They've not only survived but prospered wherever they've been chased to by pograms and inquisitions and even the holocost. They've drawn strength from their faith, (yes, religion), and remembering their culture and people.

A culture and heritage worthy of pride as a people.

Ben and Jerry are supporting the claim of Hamas, a terrorist group, that Israel is occupying Palestinian land. That means they are claiming that the people of Israel are in fact living on ground claimed by the terrorists. Therefore, being diametrically opposite of what the Jewish people living in and defending Israel from those same terrorists believe.

You cannot be on both sides at the same time.

Ben and Jerry have chosen to support the enemies of the people that share their history and culture. Therefore, all the obfuscation to the contrary will never change what they are doing by claiming their own people are wrong to defend themselves and their homeland from the terrorist threat Hamas poses to Israel's a distance.

You should look up from the issued talking points of the far left and actually look at what's been happening since 1948.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies