Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 08:10 AM

78,402 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

The LA Dist Atty is a highly political position fyi.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...l-contribution

Check this guys donation history out sort from oldest and then scroll forward. About 450 donations almost all of which go to the Dems and 8-9 years later it's 2017 and he starts throwing money to Republicans and.....investigated, busted and a "Trump donor".

https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lo...der=asc&sort=D

Zuberi just keeps throwing money at the D's and does an investigation of him even get started let alone allowed to continue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2021, 12:09 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Why the journalist believes this trial is important...

When Ed Buck Goes on Trial, So Does White Privilege

Ed Buck, a one-time celebrated and sought-after donor to the Democratic candidates and elected officials in California, faces nine felonies, including two counts of distribution of controlled substances resulting in death. Black death, to be exact. One count for the 2017 death of 26-year-old Gemmel Moore and one for the death of 55-year-old Timothy Dean in 2019.

Your garden variety middle-aged white gay man, Ed Buck, was privileged and entitled with the “complexion for protection.” A West Hollywood City Hall gadfly with a checkbook he wasn’t afraid to use, aside from giving the max allowed to political candidates, Buck’s claim to fame was championing a local ban on the sale of fur apparel.

If you are not white, ask yourself what would happen to you if you had a dead body of any color in your living room that had overdosed on illegal drugs, and you yourself had a smorgasbord of drugs in plain view of the cops. Do you think you would have been able to talk your way out of it? Because, unlike white folks who have the privilege of generally having a positive relationship with the police, the same can’t be said for everyone else. Would the police take one look at the dead Black body and immediately itself for dying? Do you think that your friends and associates would look the other way because hey–it’s you?

Buck has given more than half a million dollars to political candidates and causes, almost all of them linked to the Democratic Party. And those recipients–including Gov. Gavin Newsom, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, L.A. mayoral candidates Mike Feuer and Kevin de Leon, and councilmember Paul Koretz were all too eager to ignore Black death and look the other way. Some even continued to take money from him after the first Black death. Because, white privilege.

I can still remember news reporters telling me they couldn’t report the story of the death of Gemmel Moore or Timothy Dean because their network’s attorney advised them that Ed Buck could sue them.

So as much as Ed Buck is going on trial, so is white privilege and justice for Black death. From how the trial is reported in the news, to the culture vultures on standby ready to descend upon the courthouse in an effort to monetize this story (for themselves), to the jury’s verdict, USA v. Edward Buck is not just about getting a fraction of justice for Gemmel Moore, Timothy Dean, and all of Ed Buck’s victims.

Now I do think she is slightly off in saying that it's solely about race.

I think it's about class and political connections with regards to how others have allowed him to persist.

Because if it was... let's say it was a white Republican donor who supported Devin Nunes (R-San Diego). CNN and MSNBC would have programming for months - and the portrayal would be that it is totally about race because Republicans by birth are racist.

Otherwise, I am fully behind her in covering this. Hopefully she can stomach this week's testimony.

Old 07-20-2021, 12:28 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
This is ALL political and with a dose of corruption and blackmail, like Epstein. Once you've taken money from, and done favors for, a person like this you have a motive to make all the problems go away to keep the light off you. Usually it starts small, or with something that can easily be covered up or ignored. Eventually though it gets so bad you really can't do that anymore and the public starts to demand answers.

Cute to try and spin it as a 'white privilege' issue but no, it's not, except in a cursory way .

Old 07-20-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This is ALL political and with a dose of corruption and blackmail, like Epstein. Once you've taken money from, and done favors for, a person like this you have a motive to make all the problems go away to keep the light off you. Usually it starts small, or with something that can easily be covered up or ignored. Eventually though it gets so bad you really can't do that anymore and the public starts to demand answers.

Cute to try and spin it as a 'white privilege' issue but no, it's not, except in a cursory way .
I agree about it not being a political issue.

But understand that this is how it's framed ON A DAILY BASIS - race and white privilege. And it's not only on the networks and politics, but within black culture. It is a default way of thinking for the majority of black folk.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:36 PM

From Day Six...

It dawned on me again today while sitting in court, that Ed Buck never moved after Gemmel Moore’s death or Timothy Dean’s. That as far as we know, the same exact mattress that was there when Gemmel Moore died was there when Timothy died and was there when all of those men were there at Ed Buck’s.

Ugghh.

Psychopathic...

Old 07-23-2021, 12:35 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Huh, wonder why ive not heard more about this
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Watch how quickly Hillary, Ted Lieu, Adam Schiff and others suddenly claim they don't know him well.
This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qZlxD4WlSo

Last edited by LS Jaun; 07-23-2021 at 01:13 AM..

Old 07-23-2021, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

Yeah "White privilege" is the favorite of Democrats every where. In reality it's "Democrat White privilege" or really just "Democrat privilege".

As DRob4JC insinuated above, if Ed Buck was a Republican he would would be fried by the Democrat controlled press after the First murder, and there would not have been a second murder, instead Hillary's friend went on to kill another black man by injecting him with god knows what
Attached Thumbnails
Read at your own risk...  Live Blogging Ed Buck's Trial-ed-buck.jpg  

Last edited by LS Jaun; 07-23-2021 at 01:14 AM..

Old 07-23-2021, 01:39 AM

2,140 posts, read 362,084 times
And his political affiliation matters why…?

I don’t think this is a point one would want to highlight considering horrific crimes in recent history.

I think this detail could be countered pretty easily. Party affiliation among horrific killers is probably an equal opportunity (and trivial) detail.

Unlike, say, the monster’s gender. There is overwhelming data, with few exceptions that gender is a significant element.

I don’t like either party, so my comment is not in defense of any of ‘em. I just don’t like this nonsense and people on both sides do it. Ugh.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

That's exactly right. It was covered and people knew it for years, just like Cindy McCain admitted, 'we all knew what he was doing....' in talking about Epstein.

It shows you the mentality of these people when their hand is out and someone is filling it with coin.

Old 07-23-2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
And his political affiliation matters why…?

I don’t think this is a point one would want to highlight considering horrific crimes in recent history.

I think this detail could be countered pretty easily. Party affiliation among horrific killers is probably an equal opportunity (and trivial) detail.

Unlike, say, the monster’s gender. There is overwhelming data, with few exceptions that gender is a significant element.

I don’t like either party, so my comment is not in defense of any of ‘em. I just don’t like this nonsense and people on both sides do it. Ugh.
His political affiliation matters because Democrats that he donated to protected him. L.A. District Attorney Jamie Lacey, who he made campaign contributions to keep him protected after the first murder. Hillary, Obama, Liu, and every prominate local politician he gave money to.

If Ed Buck were a Republican they would have fried him, after he fatally injected the first young black man with his poison They would have been George Floyd's if it werent for the D in front of the politicians names.
These same politicians looked the other way when the victims family and friends took to the street.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...trict-attorney
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies