Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2021, 03:23 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,305,054 times

Advertisements

well, I'm sorry that's all you got from my reply, but hey - it's a free country.

If you have the desire, perhaps you'll answer the original request:
Quote:
They want to completely erase any mention of white americans doing bad things, specifically to black people.
Show us where this has been said. You're claiming this is what they want. Show us where someone has said that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 03:29 PM

10,050 posts, read 7,224,532 times
It's more accurate to say that the current critics of CRT are okay with teaching the history of racism as long as contemporary white people are absolved of any connection to the past, and we agree that no white people have inherited any advantage from it.

They basically want American history of race to stop at 1965. It was a great reset! Everything about race was resolved at that point. The cherry on top was the election of Barack Obama in 2008. The proof. It was over.

It's funny that I often hear this - that the lynchpin of the argument against the existence of racism as a significant phenomenon is typically the election of Obama. That argument tends to be made by people who did not vote for or support Obama.

Last edited by redguard57; 07-21-2021 at 04:16 PM..

Old 07-21-2021, 04:13 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,496,407 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJMQtBINcCg

Leaked audio of principal allegedly admitting making white students feel 'less than'

Old 07-21-2021, 04:21 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,499,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
[snip]

They basically want American history of race to stop in 1965. It was a great reset! Everything about race was resolved at that point. The cherry on top was the election of Barack Obama in 2008. The proof. It was over.[snip]
Figment of your imagination.

Old 07-21-2021, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Figment of your imagination.
Okay, you're the teacher.

If a student asks, "why was George Floyd murdered?" "Why are police killings of blacks a problem that make black people upset?" "Why did the protests in 2020 happen & why did they get so big?" "How does racism affect society?" "There were race riots a in 1967. In 1992. In 2014. Most of them about police brutality. Why are we still having them in 2020?"

How would you answer?

I am very curious how you would answer those questions without the through-line of racism.

Old 07-21-2021, 04:38 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,062,002 times
I have a family member who teaches in Loudon County, Virginia. She says that CRT is being shoved down the teacher’s throats, and if any of them speak up or object or say something contrary, they are fired on the spot.

They are removing their kids from the public schools, but she can’t quit because they rely on her job for the benefits.

Old 07-21-2021, 04:46 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,496,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Okay, you're the teacher.

If a student asks, "why was George Floyd murdered?" "Why are police killings of blacks a problem that make black people upset?" "Why did the protests in 2020 happen & why did they get so big?" "How does racism affect society?" "There were race riots a in 1967. In 1992. In 2014. Most of them about police brutality. Why are we still having them in 2020?"

How would you answer?

I am very curious how you would answer those questions without the through-line of racism.
Fair enough just after you answer why crime in the black community is so high with blacks killing other blacks and blacks not wanting to defund the police since they are the ones who will suffer the most when the police leave them to sort things out by themselves.

Old 07-21-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I have a family member who teaches in Loudon County, Virginia. She says that CRT is being shoved down the teacher’s throats, and if any of them speak up or object or say something contrary, they are fired on the spot.

They are removing their kids from the public schools, but she can’t quit because they rely on her job for the benefits.
Well Alabama wants to fire teachers if they teach CRT, so those teachers can switch places and it's all good.

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/alab...ce-theory.html

Old 07-21-2021, 04:54 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,664,778 times
Thank god I don't have kids. It's banned in my state so no worries but I would SERIOUSLY have a problem with CRT indoctrination if I had kids.

Old 07-21-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Fair enough just after you answer why crime in the black community is so high with blacks killing other blacks and blacks not wanting to defund the police since they are the ones who will suffer the most when the police leave them to sort things out by themselves.
The answer to that, is related to the answer of why there are riots.

We know a lot of these answers. The Kerner Commission looked into it way back in the 1960s. It could basically be written today. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerner_Commission

It's interesting if you read the whole thing, how the conversation about race hasn't really changed much. It's also interesting how many of the authors predictions were right or wrong... they were about 70% right. However, they were a bit too pessimistic and some of their recommendations did come true on their own, such as black representation in the media.

I think the best way to really understand this problem - is to look at similar problems OUTSIDE the U.S. How minorities can be badly treated in a systemic way in countries that are not our own so that we're not so invested in the implications of guilt or the costs of remedies. I use Turkey as a good example. They have a dominant ethnic group and then a lot of minorities who are treated like crap, and it's systemic. The dominant Turks try to deny it. They say, "we don't do those bad things anymore. there is nothing stopping the [Armenians, Abkhazians, Uyghurs, whatever] from succeeding in our country!" But so few of them do. When you look at it from the outside, it's glaringly obvious.

France is really bad for it too, because they are forbidden by law from even categorizing minorities. Even though it's glaringly obvious that white French have many advantages and non-white ones have less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies