Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2021, 04:39 PM

10,019 posts, read 7,163,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
what an odd reaction.
Because it's a stupid law, and I want to see them try to enforce it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2021, 04:56 PM

15,676 posts, read 7,504,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Read the article I provided, plus a few more, then think about how ICE would like to know where they are ... you might find the answer to that question is, no. Some restaurants are implementing practices (saw this on my LinkedIn) in their farm to table initiatives to ensure the product was not picked by a slave. (governments are silent on the issue as people are not putting pressure on them; it's like slavery today does not exist)

We are being misled in the classroom by our teachers; perhaps they have been misled as well ... Since looking up things on my own I learned another fun fact --- sharecroppers, debt slavery continued until WWII.

The people in the u.s. seemed more concerned with the history, than the present

Where history meets present day:
Ending child trafficking and slavery in Ghana

"In 2016, the Walk Free Foundation released an updated global slavery index (www.globalslaveryindex.org), estimating that there are more than 45 million people trapped in modern slavery today. There isn't a country in the world that isn't touched by modern slavery, but in Ghana, it is estimated that 103,300 people are modern-day slaves. The International Labour Organization estimates that 21,000 children are engaged in hazardous labour on Lake Volta in Ghana, the largest man-made lake in the world."

The first lie that has to be debunked is the ending of slavery in 1865 --- when we get interested in doing that, then we will be interested in freeing 40 million souls around the world and put more pressure on our government to freeing those on our soil, as well. Until the lie is common knowledge we have to find solace in areas like CRT --- removing Statues --- history being erased and rewritten; in which none of those efforts does anything for the people enslaved today. The governments continue to profit, not from the taxes of people as property, but from the products slavery (a multi-billion $ industry) today, produces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So this is the reason the Democrat administration is encouraging illegals to come here----for a new crop of slaves.

Hey you convinced me. Now how do we stop it?
People first need to ask themselves if they are part of the problem or part of the solution. However, since most people report, like you did, that slavery ended in 1865 -- they don't know there is a problem, so how can they ask the question or even begin asking the right questions. Since schools all across the u.s. are teaching their students that the civil war ended slavery few people know to look for the silent, hidden population among us. This is a topic probably never mentioned in Town Hall meetings across the u.s.. because why bring it, the Statues are more important ... and what about that CRT?

If a country wants to continue to reap the benefits of slavery, seems to me the easiest way to do that is by doing what the government has been doing already, in the teaching of young minds that that they want them to know, in that official narrative they like to push so hard. Ghana Africa, in denying the part they played for the last 400 years, seems to be making an added contribution for new crops of slaves --- daily.

Since the u.s. government is made up of Republican and Democrat, along with all the Independent parties in between, trying to polarize this situation will do nothing to aid into seeing to its final demise. Stopping it can only begin, in the same fashion that has led to its continuation --- an education in modern day slavery.

The only thing that the civil war changed, is people can no longer be taxed as property --- understand that that is never mentioned, is the first step in understanding the truth. The civil war, did not end slavery, the governments just stopped being interested in it, that's all.

Old 07-23-2021, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
So, you believe not teaching these three concepts in public school will 'whitewash' bad things white people did to POC:

(B) an individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously;

(F) an individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, bears responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex;

(I) fault, blame, or bias should be assigned to a race or sex, or to members of a race or sex because of their race or sex.

They don't.
If you taught about racism, how would you keep all the students from drawing those conclusions themselves?

Some would. Obviously some have, for many years, or else we wouldn't have the systemic racism concept in the first place.

We have states like Florida simultaneously mandating teaching about things like the holocaust and banning CRT. If I teach about the holocaust I have to explain racism against Jews, and how it was pervasive, and yes, institutionalized in Europe. It shouldn't take a genius student to think "hmmm did that racism have any similarities to racism in the U.S.?"

This is a losing battle. These bans will not do ANYthing. You're trying to ban an idea, a movement, that has already taken off and been going for a long time.

The more effective way to muzzle it would be to fire and/or jail the teachers. Because I guarantee you teachers who care about this stuff will just teach it anyway. They will change around a few words to avoid breaking the "law."

If I were a teacher in one of these states I'd teach MORE about race in response to this and INVITE controversy. Because I don't think the Republicans have the guts, much less the justification, to enforce it.

Old 07-23-2021, 08:43 PM

27,340 posts, read 28,409,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Okay, you're the teacher.

If a student asks, "why was George Floyd murdered?" "Why are police killings of blacks a problem that make black people upset?"
The murder of George Floyd was a heinous act. It was done by a police officer while he was apprehending George Floyd, who had committed a crime and was acting very disorderly. George Floyd's murder was nonetheless universally condemned in America because the police officer choked him with his knee when he was handcuffed and on the ground.

The incidence of violent crime is many times higher among African Americans than any other racial group in American society. The police have to be far more involved with crime in black communities. Disproportionately more blacks are killed by the police because the violent crime rate is so much higher in the black community.

Old 07-24-2021, 01:33 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,439,677 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVr3QFYevL8

Biden administration backpeddles on promoting critical race theory

Old 07-24-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The murder of George Floyd was a heinous act. It was done by a police officer while he was apprehending George Floyd, who had committed a crime and was acting very disorderly. George Floyd's murder was nonetheless universally condemned in America because the police officer choked him with his knee when he was handcuffed and on the ground.

The incidence of violent crime is many times higher among African Americans than any other racial group in American society. The police have to be far more involved with crime in black communities. Disproportionately more blacks are killed by the police because the violent crime rate is so much higher in the black community.
Floyd was not acting "very disorderly." I watched the whole videos several times. The man was terrified; it was quite surprising to see such a large man be so scared. The problem was that the first cops could not fit him into the car. The "crime" he committed, passing a counterfeit bill he may not have even known was counterfeit, required nothing more than a citation. He didn't need to be arrested at all.

You've answered what happened, not particularly accurately, and quoted some basic stats we can all google.

That doesn't answer why?

Old 07-24-2021, 02:54 PM

25,351 posts, read 18,496,433 times
So she's being Captain Obvious.

Well, that's okay, because many people are clueless, so they need someone to be obvious with a truth that should have been obvious to begin with. I assume some people may not even understand how damaging it would be to teach children Nazism. That's how stupid our society has become. We need a Dick and Jane book explaining why teaching hate is not a good thing.

Old 07-24-2021, 05:09 PM

15,676 posts, read 7,504,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVr3QFYevL8

Biden administration backpeddles on promoting critical race theory
I had to look up something mentioned in the news segment ---

Former Education Sec. DeVos blasts Biden admin's 'many ties' to 'twisted and warped' critical race theory

""[The Biden administration] is continuing to claim that they are not promoting critical race theory… but the link in the back to school manual was uncovered yesterday and there are ties between the deputy secretary and others in this admin directly to the Abolitionist Teaching Network group who have been pushing this whole issue in a major way," DeVos said during an exclusive interview with Fox News on Thursday.

"There are many ties inside and outside of the administration and tying directly to the AFT (American Federation of Teachers) and the NEA (National Education Association) and all of the people who are supposed to be focused on doing the right thing for kids. And it is appalling."

DeVos slammed critical race theory as promoting a "twisted and warped" view of America."

So is this like a covert operation now? And if this is an effort to keep Americans confused, it isn't working on some people. Or maybe it is ...

Michigan Parent Disappointed to Become Token Black Guy Who Opposes CRT

"In the clip featuring Rice that was tweeted by American author and cultural critic James Lindsay and received approximately 13,300 likes and almost 5,000 re-tweets, Rice calmly and concisely told school board and audience members that the CRT movement is not appropriate for younger students and that teachers aren't equipped to teach it. Instead, he said he's noticed educators are using it for their own agenda to indoctrinate young people to hate each other. Rice has since appeared on Fox News and has been contacted by other media outlets including CBS News and Newsmax."

Seems to me the government is going to have to work a bit harder if they plan on brainwashing everyone, but I guess getting to everyone isn't the key --- the majority works just fine, to keep a one-sided narrative alive.

We all know what happens when mom & dad fight ...

Critical race theory battle invades school boards — with help from conservative groups

"It’s a movement that has amped up grassroots parental organizing around the country, bringing the lens and stakes of national politics — along with the playbook of seasoned GOP activists — to school boards."

the kids are the ones who suffer the consequences of the fall out, in the end. Parents wanting to keep their kids away from politics in the classroom, but learning the essentials that classroom instruction is to provide, will probably elect homeschooling their children, if is possible to do so.

Old 07-25-2021, 07:55 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,472,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Floyd was not acting "very disorderly." I watched the whole videos several times. The man was terrified; it was quite surprising to see such a large man be so scared. The problem was that the first cops could not fit him into the car. The "crime" he committed, passing a counterfeit bill he may not have even known was counterfeit, required nothing more than a citation. He didn't need to be arrested at all.

You've answered what happened, not particularly accurately, and quoted some basic stats we can all google.

That doesn't answer why?
Is there a right and wrong answer to, Why did Chauvin kill Floyd ? You'd like an answer that incorporates racism, white supremacy, and oppression into the answer. Any answer that states or implies Floyd died because he's black would suffice. My question is why should a high school teacher's opinion matter ?

I did get a chuckle from your comment that "The problem was that the first cops could not fit him into the car."

Old 07-25-2021, 08:19 AM

17,388 posts, read 11,912,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
CRT is about our nation's history.

I thought those on the right were big on preserving history.

No?
You mean the history that teaches the the 2nd Amendment was put in place to protect slave owners?

False history is NOT preserving anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies