Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 09:51 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Well, Trump definitely won't be losing the primary.
If there is one.

Old 07-20-2021, 09:54 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Yes, op’s statement about him being to old doesn’t make sense seeing that Biden is older and feeble mentally then Trump.
Biden won't be running for the Republican nomination in 2024.

Old 07-20-2021, 09:55 AM

23,446 posts, read 12,481,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Biden won't be running for the Republican nomination in 2024.
* for nomination. period.

Old 07-20-2021, 10:04 AM

9,907 posts, read 9,578,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Trump has an outstanding mind and memory. He remembers names places, he can go head to head with leaders of other countries. He can give good strong speeches without notes or teleprompters. He worked day and night for us.... Can we say the same about biden?
That is one good thing about Trump - how he worked like a maniac without much sleep, even late at night. he has his right mind, despite his age.

His mouth was both good and bad.. Good for kicking butt where it needed, but bad when he seemed to concentrate on stupid stuff. He could not get things go.

He got things done in spite of people coming at him with total hate.

We'll see who is on the ticket.. in the meantime, 2022 is important. if Repubs win the House and have a majority, they will help whomever is the Repub nominee for president.

Old 07-20-2021, 10:09 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,001,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
I honestly believe he could (and should) have. Losing the popular vote he needed to make peace with the media.

Instead he chose to follow Rush Limbaugh's "we're perpetual victims" rally cry and it bit him in the tail. It's hard to reconcile when someone says "they get stuff done" but they're perpetually the victim. I'm sure he won points with his base for fighting the media but ultimately that is what did him in.

Again I voted for him twice and would have been happy to have him as President but always being the helpless victim is not a good look in a leader. In my opinion anyway. His post-election actions are what swayed my opinion of him.
My thoughts? The media was never going to be favorable to him. When was the last time you saw the media give favorable coverage to a Republican? And did that Republican do well in the election?

Trump played the media like a violin to get free coverage in the 2016 election. So they were ticked about it when they realized they helped get him elected. And their entire focus was on removing him in 2020.

Old 07-20-2021, 10:10 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,288,468 times
Quote:
Well, Trump definitely won't be losing the primary.
And then he'll be running against a corpse in the General Election or the village idiot Harris, or somebody else....
….and he’ll drive turnout for whomever the D alternative is simply because he’s Trump.

Ultimately, it’s a binary choice.

You don’t have to be loved to be elected; only less repugnant than the alternative.

Old 07-20-2021, 10:31 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,124,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
I would agree with your post. America deserves better than Bidden or Trump, we can do much better.

I hope that we can find a moderate voice, someone that can govern from the center and pull this country together. I don't know who this person is but I'm praying that we find that person.

Who in their right mind would ever even want to run for president after the way Trump was treated?

Old 07-20-2021, 10:31 AM

8,753 posts, read 5,040,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Required View Post
Trump will never again get elected BUT, he is likely to have a large influence on who the next republican candidate is. Very sad what has become of the Party but despite his cult following, Trump’s days in the WH are behind him.
After 4 years of the dems, Trump will be welcomed back with open arms. We are not safe to even walk the streets anymore. Children and the elderly are being shot and assulted on a daily bases. The dems, are the ones letting the scum out of jail. Defund the police, social workers can handle it. Trump is the guy that will clean up this country.

Old 07-20-2021, 10:36 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,916,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
After 4 years of the dems, Trump will be welcomed back with open arms. We are not safe to even walk the streets anymore. Children and the elderly are being shot and assulted on a daily bases. The dems, are the ones letting the scum out of jail. Defund the police, social workers can handle it. Trump is the guy that will clean up this country.
I don’t know, if hitler was running against Trump, I believe they would vote for hitler.

Old 07-20-2021, 10:39 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,916,705 times
Quote:
Biden has made the world far more violent and unstable, because America has become a doormat once again, whereas Trump kept everyone off-balance.
And domestically Biden is just bringing back every Obama regulation (Obama set the all-time record for most regulations enforced), so what good can come from that?
Biden is not going to do anything except what his handlers want him to do, don’t forget blm began under Obama and riots across the country starting with Ferguson. Michael brown wasn’t innocent, the officer who shot him actually had to go to the hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies